Can the team handle pressure? - .....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 18, 2011 4:23 pm

I think we should scrap the idea of playing 4-4-2 in the "bigger" matches.  The 4-5-1/4-3-3 suits us a lot better.  Even the 3-5-2 worked well a couple of times.  When we play 4-4-2 we always get over run in midfield.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed May 18, 2011 5:24 pm

There is another factor not yet mentioned.. we have to learn how to win titles again.. this comes from experience of consistantly fighting for it at the very top of the league.

We will not be winning the PL next year. That is my prediction.But we will within 3 if things go as well as possible
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed May 18, 2011 9:56 pm

We just need much better players and the history of the club will carry us through under Dalglish. Top notch footballers handle the pressure and a top notch manager makes them beleive anythings possible. Weve struggled since the hey day because weve had neither, endless poor signings and a dumbing down from management for the most part. We just need to get the right calibre of player in now and I think we will be back up there, others slip a little and we are in, football can change quickly no matter what the pundits and media tell us.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 am

crazyhorse wrote:There is another factor not yet mentioned.. we have to learn how to win titles again.. this comes from experience of consistantly fighting for it at the very top of the league.

We will not be winning the PL next year. That is my prediction.But we will within 3 if things go as well as possible

Yeah your right and even that is no guaranteem just look at the gooners, generally in the hunt every year but they always fook it up.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu May 19, 2011 11:53 am

Scottbot wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:There is another factor not yet mentioned.. we have to learn how to win titles again.. this comes from experience of consistantly fighting for it at the very top of the league.

Yeah your right and even that is no guaranteem just look at the gooners, generally in the hunt every year but they always fook it up.

Thats because they dont know HOW to win or how to handle pressure  :D 

Once Liverpool won a trophy in 2001, we went on to win a lot of trophies and compete in a lot of finals between 2001 - 2007.

Since that night in Athens, we seem to have lost that mentality..although we did challenge for the league afterwards.

The last few years though, we've been pretty awful in the domestic cups.  Its something that Kenny will need to try work on
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm

I think Sundays result was a part of a learning curve for the players under kenny. Am not too bothered,we will get it right next season. IN THE KING I TRUST
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion