Defence - It lacks quality

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fritzylfc » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:23 am

since rafa arrived he s complaining about how we lose possession easily , how we struggle to get a good passing game going. to me it starts at the back, carra sammi  arnie  dudek, they don,t look comfortable  on the ball, when they knock the the ball between each other, i don,t think they no who or what to do with it, which leaves no option but  to hit it long. this is an area where rafa has to start ringing the changes. whats do you all think. :)  :)  :)
fritzylfc

Postby spud » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:12 pm

I agree but I think there are some positives.

Josemi and Riise look better IMO.  Fairly solid.  It's the distribution from the centre halves and in particular Sami.  He does hoof it at times and gives possession straight back.

That said, we are missing someone holding the ball up in attack.  This means your midfield cannot push up as a unit and get isolated.

I'm confident that come January with just 1 or 2 additions / changes things will improve.
spud

Postby Redrunner » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:25 pm

Hey Spud

I'll go along with that analysis, the mid field at the moment seem incapable of holding the ball which will mean we will get loads of mail that it will be different when SG comes back which I think is only part of the answer.
Redrunner

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion