Rotation...... - One extreme to the other?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:51 pm

maguskwt wrote:Oh FFS rotation!

Zonal Marking will be next  :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Ciggy wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Oh FFS rotation!

Zonal Marking will be next  :cool:

Holding hands on corners...
Thommo's perm

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Holding hands making all kinds of plans...

It hurts so much, it hurts so much inside, now she'll go her way and ill go mine, tommorrow we'll meet the same place the same time .......:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

First 15 games of this season? 77 changes :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 pm

LFC2007 wrote:First 15 games of this season? 77 changes :laugh:

:laugh: Is it really? Feck me. I suppose the reserves playing in the Europa thing would explain much of it though. We're definately rotating less in the league though unless I'm blind as well as thick.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:46 am

When united won number 18, the priority regardless of all other competitions, should have been the league. Its bad enough they have caught up with us, it was even worse when a majority of us were not bothered if we lost to chelsea last season to deny the scum overtaking us.

Until we finally get a League title under our belt, the League should come first. In this respect, Roy has it spot on. The league is the priority.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:26 am

i think there were some very tired players on the pitch last night - in fact its the only reason i can think of for their inability to pass to each other or move into space. mancini has said the same about his players too, and i think he has played an almost unchanged team for the last 3 or 4 games. some of our players played a league game, followed by a mid week europa cup game, followed by a weekend league game, and another mid week league game. that's a lot of football to play, in all honestly.

so now it probably is time for a little rotation for the weekend. a couple of fresh players in the correct positions would probably be a good idea.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 pm

andy_g wrote:i think there were some very tired players on the pitch last night - in fact its the only reason i can think of for their inability to pass to each other or move into space. mancini has said the same about his players too, and i think he has played an almost unchanged team for the last 3 or 4 games. some of our players played a league game, followed by a mid week europa cup game, followed by a weekend league game, and another mid week league game. that's a lot of football to play, in all honestly.

so now it probably is time for a little rotation for the weekend. a couple of fresh players in the correct positions would probably be a good idea.

I can't believe I'm saying it Andy but I agree that we could do with a little bit of resting. The problem is though we haven't got a sensible replacement for Torres (who faded badly) and we have too many injuries to juggle it around too much.

The likes of Shelvey and Ecclestone aren't actually good enough as of now, but the manager hasn't really got anyone else.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:16 pm

The manager needs to make his mind up and stop contradicting himself.

Not long ago he said we had an 'inflated squad' or something to that effect. Now he is saying that our squad can't handle a few games in a row cos it is too small.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm

stmichael wrote:The manager needs to make his mind up and stop contradicting himself.

Not long ago he said we had an 'inflated squad' or something to that effect. Now he is saying that our squad can't handle a few games in a row cos it is too small.

he said an inflated staffing system, not squad per say
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 pm

bigmick wrote:I can't believe I'm saying it Andy but I agree that we could do with a little bit of resting. The problem is though we haven't got a sensible replacement for Torres (who faded badly) and we have too many injuries to juggle it around too much.

The likes of Shelvey and Ecclestone aren't actually good enough as of now, but the manager hasn't really got anyone else.

i don't know, mick. against stoke i wouldn't actually mind seeing ngog playing up front instead of torres - at least we've seen he can withstand a whack to the shins pretty well. we also have jovanovich who must be itching to get on the pitch and try and prove a point, so i'd put him in there instead of maxi who looks done in. mereiles had half the night off so he's probably ok, and soto can come in for either skrtel or carra. if cole is fit then there's another option. surely aurelio is a viable  - even preferable - alternative to konchesky as well. with those few changes we should still be better than stoke.

the only issue is the defensive part of central midfield because i really don't want to see much more of poulsen as an alternative to lucas.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion