Kirkland playing against chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:36 pm

just read thhat benni is dropping Jerzy this weekend against chelsea and playing Kirkland
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:17 am

Well, Beam me up Beni !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:00 am

If Kirkland was as great as many here think he should have had at least three seasons of first team football on the top level and a number of international caps by now. But what has he got? None, zip, nada. Only time he had a prolonged spell as a goelkeeper was with Coventy some 4 years ago. And guess what, they were relegated by a big margin, conceding more than 60 goals that season. Be realistic, don't waste your hopes and dreams. The ONLY likely scenario is us signing a new number one goalkeeper with a proven track record, with experience and with safe hands.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:05 am

Banana Kirkland deserves a chance to proove he can be Liverpool's no 1 provided he can steer clear of his injury problems. I for one wouldnt call call him class yet because of the time he has spent on the treatment table but when he was in the side i was always impressed and we have a good young keeper at the club.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:13 am

I think if he is gonna play him, he should play him for a whole season, not BIT PARTS! and see what this kid has to offer!
72-1090627431

Postby gerrard_steven » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:59 am

how can you say hes no quality, and banana them 60 goals were more than likely to do witht eh poor defense, wot chance has any keeper got when you are constantly on alert because you defense is poor
gerrard_steven

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:11 pm

Kirkland is a safe goalkeeper in the mold of david seaman (in his prime). That is what we want. Not a clown.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:19 pm

If Kirkland was as great as many here think he should have had at least three seasons of first team football on the top level and a number of international caps by now. But what has he got? None, zip, nada. Only time he had a prolonged spell as a goelkeeper was with Coventy some 4 years ago. And guess what, they were relegated by a big margin, conceding more than 60 goals that season. Be realistic, don't waste your hopes and dreams. The ONLY likely scenario is us signing a new number one goalkeeper with a proven track record, with experience and with safe hands.

More ******!!!

He's got superb potential and is a very decent goalkeeper at present. He'll get better with experience.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:28 pm

Raffa was on radio city before, said he knows who his problem is and not so very descreet about it Dudek ??? Didnt think he was one for nameing and shaming looks like no more mr nice guy, he said i prefer the calm aproach but if its not sinking in the heavy handed aproach is going to be needed.
woooooooooooo go raffa give them a kick up the backside :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:38 pm

The problem is the Crazy "Zonal" defence strategy at free kicks not just Dudek ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:10 am

About time, I love Kirkland and think he is a great goalkeeper, he just needs to stay away from thouse injuries!
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:45 pm

It really is about time we gave Kirkland a go. At the moment, he represents dreadful value for money at 8 million and its about time we found out if he's got it or not. He's been massively unlucky with injuries so I'm not blaming him personally (infact at least a couple of them were directly caused by his bravery), but now is the time. Before you all jump on me for bringing up the value issue please bear in mind that from what I've seen I like him and think he's got potential but theres no point in having an 8 million pound goalkeeper sitting on the bench. Also, value is relative and comparable so I'm bound to conclude when Robinson goes for 2.5 mill and Kirkland for 8, that something is a little strange.???
Dudek certainly isn't the answer so we might as well find out if Chris can do the biz'. If not we may need a keeper in the window aswell. I wonder sometimes if Rafa knew what he was walking into!
Dalglish on the zonal defence system, it does work. Valencia had the tightest defence in la liga and they used it exclusively. I reckon if the guys can't make it work, he'll get someone in who can. Having a reliable and commanding goalkeeper is probably a vital cog in the system though.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:55 am

I think the Zonal system is not for everyone. Rafa need to look at the players we have to decide which system is best for us. He is trying to mold them into something they are not capable of. I doubt the zonal will be a success unless we have a major haul of players. I don't think the likes of Diao, Traore, Finnan, Biscan, Riise, Kewell have the awareness to do it. I mean with all the new spanish players we had, we should make minimum changes so the spanaird could fit in easily and not to change a system in which no one understand or at least most of them don't. I would be satisfy if we are in the top 4 of EPL this season.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:25 am

Anyone else thinking this is f@cking unbelievable when Kirkland was down after about 90 seconds with something looking like a knee-injury?
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion