Benitez  will  win  through.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fat Controller » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:30 pm

Rafael Benitez is a great manager with a proven record and given time with Liverpool he will prove that a great manager will always bring success to the team that he leads.Because of the stop-start type of season we have had up to now some people who call themselves so called football fans have been having a go at Rafa and the team he leads yet these same so called fans seem to forget that the guy has only been in the job a few months and we all know it takes more than a few months to get used to new systems,new ideas and new team mates.As it stands Liverpool if they were to win their match in hand in the premiership would be in third spot behind Arsenal and Chelsea and ahead of the Mancs,they are in second spot in their CL group with four more matches to play yet some people still do not seem to be satisfied,for fecks sake im as happy as a pig in ****** and I think the rest of you should be also,we have a great manager in charge of our team so please  :D and thank God he is on our side because Rafael Benitez will win through,and why will he win through,well because he is a great manager with a proven record.
Fat Controller

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:58 pm

Good call FC, good call. You can just tell with this bloke, he knows his onions. Took him a long time to work out Diouf didn't it?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:29 pm

Controller, Keep taking the 'happy pills' !!
I hope you are right, but we are not in as good a position as you say because we have no margin for error. Any more bad results in the Champions league and we are struggling. In the Premiership, even if we beat Chelsea away from home and win our game in hand we will not get above Everton.
Wow, now that say's something !!
I get the feeling that Rafa has the right ideas, is the right man etc. But I am also facing up to the reality of the mountain that he has to climb :
Leagacy of a poor squad of players, departure or threatened departure of our existing star players, playing strength of our immediate opposition, financial strength of opposition etc.
Blind Faith will not get us back up with the 'big dog's, and a bit of constructive discussion and a tad of criticism along the way will do no harm in the process of reinventing ourselves. Silence has allowed us to drift down to where we are today !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby cheesecake » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:18 am

Time people! We must allow him time! GH had 6 years to totally derail the entire club with his limited experience in club management. RB has just got the train back on the track and it will take some time to gather any worthwhile momentum. He has a certain manner of operating that oozes success, proven record. I implore, have faith, do not hastily cast him out as a heretic, or a snowballing alchemist. I have no doubt that once he raises the team out of the current damage control position that it is in, Anfield will once again become the threatening locomotive force that was so feared in the past. Ariba RB!
cheesecake

Postby laza » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:31 am

Redrider wrote:Blind Faith will not get us back up with the 'big dog's, and a bit of constructive discussion and a tad of criticism along the way will do no harm in the process of reinventing ourselves. Silence has allowed us to drift down to where we are today !!

What you mean because a bunch of cybers ID and even fewer fans behind them havent been posting negative bleeding obvious statements, thats what has caused the decline of great Liverpool footballing empire........well strike me down with a feather    :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:28 am

Look, Souness and Houllier have set this club back at least 10 years (IMHO) and it will take much more than 10 games for Rafa to put us back on top. He is also having to work on a rather limited budget and a whole bus loads of Houllier's legacy issues. Looking at the situation realistically (because we are all tired of being 2nd tier to the elites), Rafa will need a few months to learn and get used to the British football and another round of restructuring (clearence and recruit) exercise to get rid of the perpetual under-performers (or those who just won't cut it in this league, never mind in this club).

Abramovich's millions didn't win a cup the first time 'round, neither will Maurinho this year but they will get closer to ******. We lack the millions (because all our reserve funds have been wasted by the previous regimes indescretions) to compete for the best in the market but Rafa have managed to unearth a couple of gems out from Spain. New investor are still in the pipeline and I feel we need the fresh injections to move this club forward.

Those of you who make comments like "the so-and-so is useless, let sell them all and make wholesale changes" are speaking out from the wrong hole. These muppets obviously don't know football.  Stick with Championship Manager...

Lastly, anyone any idea how much we paid to the football agents to recruit the likes of Diao, Diuof, Cheyrou, Finnan,  Biscan etc? The figures might make for a good read and more fruits for thought ... just my curiosity  :oops:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:23 am

Good point about the Agent's. Owen's agent probably pulled as much as LFC from the Madrid deal.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:34 am

GH did not set the club back! he took it forward, we didn't have the academy when he joined and although he watsed a lot of money he still brought the likes of Sami, Riise, Kirkland, etc to Anfield aswell as a lot of trophies :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:49 am

GH, did a lot for the club and was a great guy. His major failing was his preocupation with buying mid-range players with so-called potential, who mostly have failed to emerge. He needed to mix this strategy with some key purchases of established stars.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:40 am

Paul C wrote:GH did not set the club back! he took it forward, we didn't have the academy when he joined and although he watsed a lot of money he still brought the likes of Sami, Riise, Kirkland, etc to Anfield aswell as a lot of trophies :;):

I accept your point, but don't agree. What's the point of setting up facilities like the Academy then not giving the academian a chance? Instead, he just goes on and recruits muppets after muppets, giving them fanciful titles like "Brazilian", "Killer", "next Zidane", "next Desailly" "next whatever"...

His failures far outweights his limited success (with the exeption of one good run in 2002 where Owen was at his peak), on the field and in the transfer market. We are also now stucked with high wage bills for the likes of Diouf, Diao, Biscan etc.

Given the responsibility to manage our beloved club, and the massive transfer funds to splash, I cannot accept for one minute that he is a success or that he has moved this club forward...good guy or not (if we wanted a good guy, we should probably sign Ranieri instead of Rafa)

...JMHO
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fat Controller » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:39 pm

Some great replies there you lot and i must say i would agree with most of what you say, on the subject of Gerard Houllier we are always going to get a difference of opinions like either he was good for the club or bad for the club so im going to give you my opinion of the bloke.Im a Liverpool fan for going on 35 years so i have been through the great times and the not so great times,when Liverpool hit the skids in the 90s not only did i go into depression like the team but im sure thousands upon thousands of other old timers like myself went into depression because well to be honest we were fed nothing but success for nearly two decades,the 90s were a bad time to be a Liverpool fan because not only did we slump but we also had to endure the rise of the Mancs and to be honest with you all it was not until Gerard Houllier came along that we as fans began to believe again.When Gerard Houllier took over the running of the club we were a shambles,we were the laughing stock of the league because we had a squad of players who showed no respect for the then management and showed no respect for the Liverbird they wore upon their chest on a Sarurday afternoon,yes they were rightly named the Spice Boys. Houllier changed all that,he got rid of the rable and brought in players who showed respect and Liverpool then began to play as a team again and in doing so they delivered us trophies and put the good name of Liverpool back where it belonged,on everyones lips.Yes Gerard had faults,yes Gerard had his limitations as a manager and we can see these things by some of his signings and in some of the tactics he used but he was good for the club in that he brought us to that certain level and it is just a pity he had not it in him to bring us to the other level we all hope Rafael Benitez can bring us to.I for one thank Gerard Houllier for what he did for Liverpool in bringing us to a certain level and i hope in 5 years time im sitting here thanking Rafael Benitez for bringing us to the level of the likes of the Mancs and the Arsenals.
Fat Controller

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion