Anyone else still depressed as ******?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Welcome to the fickle life of a forum - if you think it's bad now then i suggest your not around when the season begins .

Think it will be better when the season starts mate. Then (hopefully!) we can all talk about the FOOTBALL and less about Benitez, the politics etc
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Where have I not been honest?

Honestly  ???
You genuinely wish me to answer that     ???

Please do
Im all ears

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there anybody out there?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
???

Pink Floyd The Wall ..... Yes ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
???

Pink Floyd The Wall ..... Yes ???

:nod
Is that your answer?
Thommo's perm

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 pm

It's interesting to revisit this after two momentous bit of news in last 24 hours. Both were a bit of a shock to be perfectly honest, even for someone like me who is into a bit of blind and mindless optimism these days (it won't last I've no doubt :laugh:). I really thought Stevie would go to be honest, and I didn't think in a million years that Joey Cole would leave London.

So where does that leave us now? Well obviously I was already optimistic we'd improve on last season even without Cole and Gerrard, so now they're here as well what's the new goal? I strongly believe now that we have the makings of a really good team, and if Torres stays I think we can even strongly challenge for the title if we get a left back and some striker cover and have a bit of luck for a change.

I know that sounds ridiculously optimistic (and it probably is), but I really am fired up for the coming campaign. It's not just about the likes of Cole and Gerrard, there are other players too. Players like Danny Agger who probably have a bit to prove but have huge potential to do so, Ryan Babel even, all that potential and now a fresh start. We've got Glen Johnson who's got that tricky first season out of the way, and we've of course got Pepe, the best keeper in the league. We've got Alberto Aquilani who is probably going to be given a few more opportunites to showcase his obvious talents, and if he stays of course we've got Fernando Torres, the best striker of his type in the league.

And what of the others? Well Chelsea have bought Yossi Benayoun, and some of their older players must surely start to show the signs soon. It's normally a mistake IMHO to win the title then not look to kick on with a big signing or two, and they may yet pay the price.

The Mancs have bought Smalling (who isn't ready yet IMHO) and the kid from Mexico. The Mexican kids obviously got bags of ability, but they absolutely never show it first season from South America. I remain convinced that it was Fergusons greatest ever achievement to get THAT team to challenge for the title last season, and I honestly think if our players stay mostly fit we've got a chance of finishing above them.

Arsenal have done their usual and bought a couple of blokes I've never heard of, but although they will play great and flatter, I've a hunch we can try and get above them too.

City will will eventually actualy win it I think, but they've spent huge amounts to get there.

Spurs haven't signed anyone yet, and their lack of a midfield player who can score a goal must surely impact upon them, as will their Champions League exploits. Villa I think will lose Milner their best player, and there must be a limit to the amount of blood even O'Neill can squeeze out of that particular stone.

So my revised prediction from fifth is that we will now get into the top four, and be right up there. We will get above either or both of the Mancs and Arsenal, and the top two will eb City and Chelsea in that order.

I can't wait for it to get started though, bang up for it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Ciggy wrote:Liverpool F.C never employs a sh!t feckin manager like Roy Hodgson lets get it out the way once and for all.
The fella went tp Llandudno on his holidays ffs that should tell you all you want to know.
Steady the ship? steady the ship cause we are heading towards the feckin ice berg thats why.

Im just reading through this topic and came across this

Ciggy what in the name of God had were the man goes on holiday got to do with anything   ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:48 pm

bigmick wrote:It's interesting to revisit this after two momentous bit of news in last 24 hours. Both were a bit of a shock to be perfectly honest, even for someone like me who is into a bit of blind and mindless optimism these days (it won't last I've no doubt :laugh:). I really thought Stevie would go to be honest, and I didn't think in a million years that Joey Cole would leave London.

So where does that leave us now? Well obviously I was already optimistic we'd improve on last season even without Cole and Gerrard, so now they're here as well what's the new goal? I strongly believe now that we have the makings of a really good team, and if Torres stays I think we can even strongly challenge for the title if we get a left back and some striker cover and have a bit of luck for a change.

I know that sounds ridiculously optimistic (and it probably is), but I really am fired up for the coming campaign. It's not just about the likes of Cole and Gerrard, there are other players too. Players like Danny Agger who probably have a bit to prove but have huge potential to do so, Ryan Babel even, all that potential and now a fresh start. We've got Glen Johnson who's got that tricky first season out of the way, and we've of course got Pepe, the best keeper in the league. We've got Alberto Aquilani who is probably going to be given a few more opportunites to showcase his obvious talents, and if he stays of course we've got Fernando Torres, the best striker of his type in the league.

And what of the others? Well Chelsea have bought Yossi Benayoun, and some of their older players must surely start to show the signs soon. It's normally a mistake IMHO to win the title then not look to kick on with a big signing or two, and they may yet pay the price.

The Mancs have bought Smalling (who isn't ready yet IMHO) and the kid from Mexico. The Mexican kids obviously got bags of ability, but they absolutely never show it first season from South America. I remain convinced that it was Fergusons greatest ever achievement to get THAT team to challenge for the title last season, and I honestly think if our players stay mostly fit we've got a chance of finishing above them.

Arsenal have done their usual and bought a couple of blokes I've never heard of, but although they will play great and flatter, I've a hunch we can try and get above them too.

City will will eventually actualy win it I think, but they've spent huge amounts to get there.

Spurs haven't signed anyone yet, and their lack of a midfield player who can score a goal must surely impact upon them, as will their Champions League exploits. Villa I think will lose Milner their best player, and there must be a limit to the amount of blood even O'Neill can squeeze out of that particular stone.

So my revised prediction from fifth is that we will now get into the top four, and be right up there. We will get above either or both of the Mancs and Arsenal, and the top two will eb City and Chelsea in that order.

An interesting take on things Mick.

Must say that I can't in a million years see City winning it this season mate.  The squad is still too big and they will never keep all those egos happy, at least Mancini won't anyway.  Perhaps someone like Mourinho might win them the league with their current squad, but I just can't see Mancini doing it and my prediction is he will be fired before the season's over.  Their defence was the problem last season.  They've looked to rectify that with the signing of Boateng, but imo although a good player he's no better than what they had already - their problem is moulding that defence into a unit.

Agree on United.  I really think they are heading for a fall soon.  They have not improved the team from last year imo.  Smalling will make no impact this season and as you say with the Mexican kid it's unlikely he'll show his best straight away either.  How many games can Giggs, Scholes and Neville play this season, seriously?!  Then you have a crocked Ferdinand, a striker in Berbatov who just hasn't produced and then who knows what sort of impact the recent world cup will have on Rooney's confidence and form.

Arsenal, it will be same again.  Nice football but ultimately they will win fu.ck all.  I'd go as far as to say that without Fabregas they won't finish top four.

Chelsea will comfortably finish top four, but again they have an ageing side and they simply HAVE to start showing signs of that soon.  Benayoun will make no impact I don't think.

Spurs had a lucky season imo.  They are a good side, but will not finish top 4 this season.  I expect the CL/league demands to be too much for their squad and my prediction is they will be out of the CL and languishing in 6th or 7th by Christmas with Redknapp under pressure.

My current prediction (which I reserve the right to change pending more transfers :laugh: ) is...

1.  Chelsea
2.  Man United
3.  Man City
4.  Liverpool
5.  Arsenal
6.  Spurs

We can finish higher, but we'd have to be lucky with injuries to do so.  I'm also basing the above prediction on us bringing in a half decent left back and a decent striker, without which we can forget about top four.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:11 pm

bigmick wrote:It's interesting to revisit this after two momentous bit of news in last 24 hours. Both were a bit of a shock to be perfectly honest, even for someone like me who is into a bit of blind and mindless optimism these days (it won't last I've no doubt :laugh:). I really thought Stevie would go to be honest, and I didn't think in a million years that Joey Cole would leave London.

I agree with some points i think we're perfectly covered in Centre backs to be honest Carragher, Agger,Skrtel and Greek can do fine but Ayala, Kelly and Wilson seem like they can all drop in. Right back we should be fine with Johnson and Kelly cover. Left back big issue of course.

Midfield i stand by i'm fairly happy about our midfield i assume Gerrard will drop back. Aquilani needs to come out show more of his talent because he certainly has it and scoring the winning goal against Arsenal would be a start!  :D. Lucas is a solid player good in defence, good in attack he can improve and i'm expecting him to and will be a handy player this season with gaining experience from last season. Mascherano i'm expecting to leave so i don't quite know who we'll bring in.

Wings we're covered Kuyt, Maxi on the right and i'd like to see Amoo given a run from the bench just to test him against the likes of Blackpool and Wolves. Left Jovanovic, Babel and Cole, although expect Cole to be played in the hole so up step Dani Pacheco because he certainly deserves his chance! And i'm pretty sure he'll do well. In the whole Cole, Aquilani, Maxi and Gerrard can play there maybe even Pacheco baring injuries of course Cole should play there i think.

Striker, striker, hmm well we of course have Torres but when injured N'gog has shown promise but definitely shouldn't be second back up, Kuyt or Remy if he comes should be. And Nemeth if here should be given a go.

Chelsea will always remain strong i do believe there putting some trust on there youth, which is a risk but a risk they need taking unless they want to spend millions upon millions bringing in younger players. I expect at least 1 big signing to come from them.

I completely agree the Mancs are on course for a downfall, Fergie is holding that team together. Rooney injured there in big bother.  Midfield they're also fairly weak relying on an aging Scholes.

I do rate Arsenal, Chamakh is a great signing strong, skillful, good speed and can head the ball, they'll be dangerous this season with him up front.

Unsure about Spurs and City.
Tim LFC

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion