British culture - What happened

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:44 pm

there's some rubbish programme on about big brother right now.

britain makes up about 1 per cent of the world population but newton and darwin and so much science you should be so prouud of , but now beckham, diana,jade goody, kerry katona etc. where did it go wrong.

as a paddy I know there are obvious jokes but only germany and france can match up (until the yanks took over) so there is nothing anti british, I just hate dumb culture.

why do we celebrate fame and all that krap.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 pm

its all designed to annoy intellectuals like yourself, niall

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 pm

I can't stand all those talent shows, do my nut in. BB too although I will confess to having watched the odd ep here and there in the past. Nothing in that genre appeals to me at all, same goes for all that what katie did next :censored:. Mind you if it were something similar following around a footballer I liked id probably watch that.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:58 am

One hundred years ago, only our leaders, senior military officers and industrialists and scientists were heard. The rest of the population was silent.

These days with mass media, the mass majority's voice is so loud it dominates.

The media needs to turn away from mass appeal and focus on quality.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Big Niall wrote:there's some rubbish programme on about big brother right now.

britain makes up about 1 per cent of the world population but newton and darwin and so much science you should be so prouud of , but now beckham, diana,jade goody, kerry katona etc. where did it go wrong.

as a paddy I know there are obvious jokes but only germany and france can match up (until the yanks took over) so there is nothing anti british, I just hate dumb culture.

Why is this thread called British culture, as if other countries dont have Reality TV.. your anti British posts are very tiresome dude  :talktothehand
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:there's some rubbish programme on about big brother right now.

Why is this thread called British culture, as if other countries dont have Reality TV.. your anti British posts are very tiresome dude  :talktothehand

the post stated how Britain was the greatest society in the world and produced Newton,Darwin and lots of other great thinkers which only Germany and France could come close to matching.

I know nothing about German or French culture as they  speak some funny foreign language :D so I've no idea whether they celebrate ordinary (polite for stupid) people who have no achievenments.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 pm

aha, we do have a lot of dipsh!ts in our country now :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 pm

andy_g wrote:its all designed to annoy intellectuals like yourself, niall

The budding scholar that he is  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:13 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
andy_g wrote:its all designed to annoy intellectuals like yourself, niall

The budding scholar that he is  :laugh:

me reed and right real good now.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm

dawson99 wrote:aha, we do have a lot of dipsh!ts in our country now :D

You are right though, I probably should have called it "western culture" or "english speaking world culture". Unfortunately I'm too stupid to know how to change the thread title. :down:

Anyway, even on a football level, when I was a kid John Barnes and Aldo were my  favourite players but I had no interest in them as people, still don't know if they are married, have kids, blah blah blah. I just don't care.

Why do people buy magazines of a famous person walking down the road?

Jaysus, I can't wait until I'm old and then I can just be a grumpy old man (as well as a dirty old man).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Big Niall wrote:

You are right though, I probably should have called it "western culture" or "english speaking world culture". Unfortunately I'm too stupid to know how to change the thread title. :down:

Anyway, even on a football level, when I was a kid John Barnes and Aldo were my  favourite players but I had no interest in them as people, still don't know if they are married, have kids, blah blah blah. I just don't care.

Jaysus, I can't wait until I'm old and then I can just be a grumpy old man (as well as a dirty old man).

PEOPLE dont, it's women. We gave them the vote and jobs, it's gone downhill since then mate  :pirate
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:51 am

dawson99 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:

PEOPLE dont, it's women. We gave them the vote and jobs, it's gone downhill since then mate  :pirate

they also got to drive also  :angry:

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum