Gerrard & torres starts stats - Request by damo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed May 19, 2010 7:18 am

I could just PM these to DaMo but might as well post them. DaMo wanted to know how many times Gerrard and Torres have started together this season compared with last.

Gerrard & Torres start/appear (Premiership)

09/10 : 18 starts together, 2 other games both appeared (Torres on as sub)
08/09 : 14 starts together, 3 other games both appeared (Torres on as sub)

Further exposes the injury myth, they started more Premiership games together this season than last

I could spend more time comparing the overall figures for Europe and the FA Cup, but what would be the point? With the Premiership there are 38 possible matches, the number in cups is not set as they are knockout competitions, and either's injury may merely have coincided with the period there is no European football/FA Cup football, whereas the Premiership runs throughout.

Coincidentally they made 55 Premiership appearances between them in both 08/09 and 09/10, not that you'd believe it if you have been taken in by injury myth
Last edited by Owzat on Wed May 19, 2010 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 19, 2010 8:27 am

Say what you say Owzat (and I get the point of the previous season) but you cannot expect to do well when your two best players did not play together in 20 matches in a 38 match season.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 am

kazza wrote:Say what you say Owzat (and I get the point of the previous season) but you cannot expect to do well when your two best players did not play together in 20 matches in a 38 match season.

But we came second the season before last with 4 less starts
How does that work?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed May 19, 2010 10:20 am

Cos we are not a two man team despite popular belief. In 08/09 our whole squad played like champions, 09/10 they played like scared rabbits. Having torres for more games may have given us the edge we needed but it doesnt detract from the fact our hole squad didnt perform last season.

Saying that we did have injuries all over the park :D :p
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion