THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:02 am

bavlondon wrote:Some rumors going around that Hertha could be getting ready to big around 6Mil for him. Not sure how credible the source is, if there even is one so I won't post the link but 6Mil would be sale of the century.

Its about as credible as me claiming to see the loch ness monster in the mersey mate  :D

He is awful and if someone bid anything over 2 million i would snap there hands off.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:41 am

bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Some rumors going around that Hertha could be getting ready to big around 6Mil for him. Not sure how credible the source is

I am Bav, it's b0ll0cks.

They were reportedly going to offer £4m IF they got into the Champions League, they didn't. Do the maths, what odds that they would now offer more than they were going to without the CL money....................................?

Here's a clue, the odds are 1 divided by the amount of money rumoured. We've more chance Stoke, Hull, Wolves or even Burnley will cough up £6m or £4m
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:44 am

I'll pay for his easyjet flight pleeeassssseeee!!!

:D
roberto green

Postby Dazzer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Should he ever get another game for us after that lack of cheer after ngogs goal yesterday ? I don't think so. :angry:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:56 pm

From what I´ve seen so far this season he hasnt contributed anything however he is a cheap back up from Ngog.

Realistically a replacment would cost 5 times what Voronin is worth so we may as well wait and get the right player.

I vote Robbie Keane.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Dazzer wrote:Should he ever get another game for us after that lack of cheer after ngogs goal yesterday ? I don't think so. :angry:

Was gonna say, he looked more :censored: off that it had gone in than if Ngog had missed.

Still, spose it shows he wants a place in the team.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 am

Reg wrote:From what I´ve seen so far this season he hasnt contributed anything however he is a cheap back up from Ngog.

Realistically a replacment would cost 5 times what Voronin is worth so we may as well wait and get the right player.

I vote Robbie Keane.

I made the case that we couldn't get better than Voronin without paying a lot more than we could get by selling him.

As for N'Gog's goal sealing his place, PMSL. I mean well done, sincerely, for running in 1-on-1 with the keeper and putting it in the back of the net, really, but the context hardly makes him untouchable or somehow a 1st choice starter or sub.

Maybe Rafa needs to kick his scouts up the backside (a bit harder) and go out and find quality at a decent price. Torres aside, we sign strikers that cost next to nothing and you can tell, or strikers who cost as much as Torres and are massively overpriced, or mid-price £6m-£10m strikers who came and went in the blink of an eye - or in the case of Crouch were never quite good enough for LFC and not happy to be on the bench. How is it we can have signed so many strikers and still only have one worth signing? The other striker of any real note is now a right sided player who contributes greatly to the side but still gets stick for not being everyone's idea of a right winger. He's been more of a success in his new found role than a number of signings in their preferred roles...................

Do we need to pay £20m+ to get a quality striker? There must be 5-6 strikers per club per top league in Europe and indeed the world, yet we seem restricted in where we shop and how much we are prepared to pay for certain players leaves me shuddering at times. Sure you have to pay £20m+ for strikers like Berbatov (unless you buy him before he makes his name and then cash in), Rooney, Torres, Drogba etc. Or perhaps we miss opportunities when the likes of Anelka (£15m), Owen (free), Arshavin (£15m) come up for grabs. I fear it may get worse before it gets any better if the likes of Brum get their hands on a budget of £40m and start asking about strikers like Dzeko, creating a bidding war for a player who might be acquired for less if the process of bids made are less public.

I can understand the average fan on the street or on a forum citing well known strikers they want a club to sign, mr average fan doesn't have a network of scouts out there and contacts etc to identify players less well known. But I thought a big club like Liverpool would have, yet how many strikers have we signed under Rafa who we'd barely or never heard of who turned out to be superb? Do we need new scouts? Of course I despair of situations like with Ronaldo where we reputedly decided against taking the risk on him, arguably that decision cost us league titles.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 am

aCe' wrote:id play Babel ahead of him any day of the week... atleast Babel has pace, can dribble and has a good shot on him... hell lose the ball and he'll miss the target but upfront hell be more a danger than Voronin will ever be... Atleast Babel would drag defenders out of positions with his movement, bigger chance for the midfielders and wide men to score...

Id also take Kuyt ahead of him, probably the more sensible option...

Fk Babel, Ngog should be ahead of him, he`s a much better finisher, Babels just a close your eyes and blast it kind of player.
Wash has done enough to be the one getting the 15 minutes after Torres has come off.
He`s got a very calm finish on him, remember the one agaist PSG? Looking like a quality prospect to me.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:38 am

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:
Dazzer wrote:Should he ever get another game for us after that lack of cheer after ngogs goal yesterday ? I don't think so. :angry:

Was gonna say, he looked more :censored: off that it had gone in than if Ngog had missed.

Still, spose it shows he wants a place in the team.

Fk that though, the teams more important than him.
If he would rather play for a team doing badly then fk off.
The plus side we didnt pay anything for him so 3mill and he can keep your bench warm.
Good sales pitch eh?  :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Cant believe Voronin has the cheek to moan about lack of first team football.. Id be happy to see him gone for 3 mill
Fauxy

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Well he's behind the pecking order now clearly.

As for Ngog , the kid is a quality finisher , Psg , yesterday and leeds , what he just needs is a consistent run of games but he won't get that , next season if we get a bacup striker for nando , we should send him out on loan like we did with nemeth
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:46 pm

I'd rather see Pacheco on the bench if I'm honest.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm

stmichael wrote:I'd rather see Pacheco on the bench if I'm honest.

Or Nemeth...Agree with you on that mate...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Owzat wrote:
oreilly wrote:Ahem , Keogh is Irish not British :-)

whoop dee f in doooo, I forgot to cover the oirish. Please do take offence and your support somewhere else if you've nothing better than to flog that stupid f in technicality about the republic of oirland not being "british". I think only pedants, peasants and the oirish give a monkey's

Just noticed this post "mate"...
To be honest, a lot of people - me included - DO take offence to your post. And we're LFC fans just like you.
So shove your bigoted comments up your hole....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Why can't we just let him go? Surley the wages can be better spent elsewhere and calling up Pacheco now and again wouldn't be a bad idea.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge