THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby roberto green » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 pm

bavlondon wrote:Id like to think the Alonso case has been put to bed but im sure Real will still be pursuing him, even more heavily if the Chelsea/Kaka rumors are to be taken seriously. (and yes I know they have denied it)

It makes you wonder how much we have missed out on title this year cos there is a lot of teams that are going to pump a lot more money into there teams than us
roberto green

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Which is why we have to keep up with the spending. We have to make sure whoever we bring in is of the right quality. We cannot afford any more 2nd rate signings. But with everyone seemingly having an sugar daddy owner but us it will be a long hard summer I think. Hopefully we can attract the right players. We got Torres, Masch and Xabi here so it's not like everyone is a money grubbing :censored:. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 pm

paddy wrote:
GYBS wrote:Voronin actually scored a few goals for us but his season was hit by injuries - still think he can be an option coming of th bench

no offence euge but why the fook do you accept such mediocrity for lfc ?
"an option"
do me a favour
its the likes of you who imo have stopped liverpool from moving on by accepting "ok ish" players

Come again? I laughed more at that than peewee's highly unoriginal attempt to be funny

Firstly GYBS doesn't influence who the manager signs or keeps, the signing of players like Voronin, Degen, Dossena, Babel, Plessis etc was down to RAFA not GYBS or "the likes of". Only when Rafa splashed out £21m did he finally land a quality striker, he tried to repeat that with Keane and came unstuck. Since it is Rafa signing the mediocrity then maybe he is the one stopping Liverpool moving forward and should go?!?

Secondly Voronin did an ok job under the circumstances, cost nothing, and noone is suggesting he partner or replace Torres, merely that he is a better bench option than El Zhar and Babel - and you accuse GYBS of accepting "mediocrity". We could probably sell Babel for more than we'd get for Voronin, could we bring in someone better than Voronin for the likely £2m-£4m we might get for him? I doubt it.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:Which is why we have to keep up with the spending. We have to make sure whoever we bring in is of the right quality. We cannot afford any more 2nd rate signings. But with everyone seemingly having an sugar daddy owner but us it will be a long hard summer I think. Hopefully we can attract the right players. We got Torres, Masch and Xabi here so it's not like everyone is a money grubbing :censored:. :D

The problem is how we accommodate first rate signings into the formation we play, hence why Voronin on the bench mightn't be the worst thing (for now)

Quality won't come and sit on the bench, perhaps we could get a Tevez like player to play LWF opposite Kuyt and have him as back-up striker. Keane wasn't "top quality" and even he wasn't happy on the bench, or being taken off even. So do we switch to 4-4-2 and probably increase our chances of having 2-3 quality strikers fighting for two starting places, or stick with 4-3-3/4-5-1 that we know brings the best out of Torres, Gerrard and Kuyt? If we did go 4-4-2 do we drop Mascherano or Alonso? Or do we ditch one of our best players of the season (Kuyt) and play Gerrard in a less preferred role and hope he still bangs them in?

We could probably get a decent young striker for sitting on the bench, but we've already seen plenty not happy to play second or third fiddle - Crouch another on top of Keane - so young might be the only alternative way to improve on Voronin
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:33 pm

I just cant see us improving on this season if we bring him back in.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Sell Voronin, and sign Owen, no problem. The money we save on Voronin's wages plus his transfer fee will more than pay for Owen.
account deleted by request

Postby Fauxy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Owen is way too injury prone he would just sponge money off us, I would actually prefer Voronin to Owen.

Still that doesnt mean that I want Voronin in the squad  :p we should just get rid of him and forget Owen, I see much more hope in buying Tuncay or that Negrado guy.
Fauxy

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Tuncay has score 15 goals in 2 seasons (58 games), can't see him suddenly becoming prolific mate. At least with Owen when he's fit he's likely to score.( best chances to goals ratio in the prem this season )

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Tuncay has never been a major goalscorer more of a yossi type who can play up front . woudl rather him than owen easily , cause i dont think owen will get us goals .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:33 pm

GYBS wrote:Tuncay has never been a major goalscorer more of a yossi type who can play up front . woudl rather him than owen easily , cause i dont think owen will get us goals .

What makes you think Owen won't get goals? I can understand anyone doubting his fitness, but not his ability to score. He is still averaging almost a goal every other game at Newcastle, and has done throughout his career.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:37 pm

because of the way we set up the team wont suit him - he prefers it laid on a plate for him as opposed to the way torres etc score their goals . The reason why owen has scored so many goals throughout his career is through his pace and selfishness - the pace is gone now .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Owen has and always has had great movement as well as pace. He lost his pace before he went to Madrid...... didn't stop him scoring. He will always get goals, the trick would be keeping him fit enough to get them, and as we no longer would need him for EVERY game, it may help with his fitness.

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:47 pm

I guess when it comes to owen you either wan thim or you dont - i dont for numerous reasons and that will never change . would rather look forwards and elsewhere .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:50 pm

I can understand anyone not wanting him for the way he left, I can understand anyone not wanting to gamble on his fitness, I can understand anyone not wanting him because of his England first attitude......but I can't understand anyone not wanting him because he won't score goals.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:00 pm

S@int, Liverpool have changed since MO last played for us..... we have to win EVERY game to win the league. Its high pressure and we need the best there is otherwise we dont have a chance. MO's time has passed, he's not fit/strong enough to play alongside the rest of the team anymore, he'd be the weakest link and as a front man who wants it laid on a plate and has a weak mentality anyway, for him not to perform means bye bye league.

I liked the guy when he was on top of his game, but now he's history. Portsmouth beckon to provide experience and stability, but we need to move forward, buy in a young, hungry and stong player.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge