ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 pm

well early stages he looked pretty decent going forward and put in some great crosses but was woefully at defending - mainly his positioning , then in jan when he started playing again a bit more he looked fitter and sharper and looked a lot more solid defending but wasnt much going forward and then the two cameos scoring has prob helped his confidence , just needs to put it all together and he can be a decent player .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:48 pm

GYBS wrote:well early stages he looked pretty decent going forward and put in some great crosses but was woefully at defending - mainly his positioning , then in jan when he started playing again a bit more he looked fitter and sharper and looked a lot more solid defending but wasnt much going forward and then the two cameos scoring has prob helped his confidence , just needs to put it all together and he can be a decent player .

Glad you agree with me
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:17 pm

I am so glad that Riera read this thread and pulled his finger out.
That was my intention.
By seeing me pushing Dossena for his place he reacted brilliantly and showed what a good player he can be when he tries.
I thought he was outstanding yesterday and congratulate him on his return to form
Lets hope I dont have to do it again...
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 pm

I refckon if I supersub had got on we would have scored 6 :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:35 am

zarababe wrote:I refckon if I supersub had got on we would have scored 6 :D

At least
Rafa fuc.ked up again...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Just wanted to get your thoughts on him...again. :D

He very nearly scored again yesterday on more than one occasion. He did let the odd cross go a bit heavy but overall he does give us some threat down the left. With Insua impressing again yesterday would it maybe be a bad decision to keep Dossena and rotate him with Riera at LM as in Aurelio and Insua we already have 2 decent LB's.

As a LB id say Dossena should never play there unless the 2 previous I mentioned were injured but as a LM he looks ok, definatley more settled.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:43 am

On Saturday's evidence, he's a better winger than a fullback.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 am

playing where he is gives him a bit more freedom to relax and get some confidence without pressure - had a good game on sat and a goal would of been what he would of deserved.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:13 pm

I hate to say I told you so
But you heard it here first
:;):
I thought he played well and was unlucky hitting the bar twice

Whod have thought it? Two left sided midfielders in one season!
Who needs Barry?

Well done Rafa for reading this forum and having the balls to try him there
:laugh:
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:52 pm

I really hope we keep him now. In light of that maybe we would not need Barry and that money can be used to fund a quality right sided player.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:I really hope we keep him now. In light of that maybe we would not need Barry and that money can be used to fund a quality right sided player.

I would hope so but Rafa seems to have his heart set on Barry
I think hes average to say the least
I would rather have Doss the boss...
:eyebrow
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Torres » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:23 pm

I hope Dossena goes.. and a better player comes instead of him. But other places of the squad needs improving, so i'll leave it for now.
Torres

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Looks like he want's out.

DOSSENA: I WANT TO LEAVE LIVERPOOL

UNSETTLED Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena has asked manager Rafael Benitez for a transfer.

The 27-year-old international left-back failed to establish himself after being signed as John Arne Riise’s replacement in a £7million transfer from Udinese last summer.

Dossena made just 12 Barclays Premier League starts and towards the end of the season was third choice behind Fabio Aurelio and young Argentinian Emiliano Insua.

He said: “Before coming back to Italy I talked to Benitez and explained to him my doubts.

“I told him I wanted to leave. He is an exceptional person and understood my problem.

“He told me that if they receive an offer that satisfies both the club and me, he will take it into consideration and try to facilitate my transfer.

“I would run to Juve. They showed interest in me last year, but then Liverpool stepped in and wrapped things up in less than an hour.

“Of course I would accept an offer. You’re talking about one of the biggest clubs in Europe.”

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:Looks like he want's out.

UNSETTLED Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena has asked manager Rafael Benitez for a transfer.

The 27-year-old international left-back failed to establish himself after being signed as John Arne Riise’s replacement in a £7million transfer from Udinese last summer.

Dossena made just 12 Barclays Premier League starts and towards the end of the season was third choice behind Fabio Aurelio and young Argentinian Emiliano Insua.

He said: “Before coming back to Italy I talked to Benitez and explained to him my doubts.

“I told him I wanted to leave. He is an exceptional person and understood my problem.

“He told me that if they receive an offer that satisfies both the club and me, he will take it into consideration and try to facilitate my transfer.

“I would run to Juve. They showed interest in me last year, but then Liverpool stepped in and wrapped things up in less than an hour.

“Of course I would accept an offer. You’re talking about one of the biggest clubs in Europe.”

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:Looks like he want's out.

As much as I wanted him gone, I think he's a pr!ck now that he requested it, let us break up with you.  Not the other way around :D
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge