ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby tonyeh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 pm

It might be an idea to keep him as a back up or sub for Riera, cos I reckon Babel will be off in the Summer.

2 great goals and I have to say, I'm delighted for the lad. Might be worth trying him out at LM in a few games before the season is over and see how he pans out.

He's no full back though.
tonyeh

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:09 pm

tonyeh wrote:It might be an idea to keep him as a back up or sub for Riera, cos I reckon Babel will be off in the Summer.

2 great goals and I have to say, I'm delighted for the lad. Might be worth trying him out at LM in a few games before the season is over and see how he pans out.

he is a fullback though.. and thats the problem...
havent seen much of him at the left wing to make me believe he'd be better than Riera or even good enough to be backup..
for what its worth i think he'd most probably make a terrible left winger... he cant cross for sh!t, seems to run into players rather than past them, and seems to have very little composure when on the ball... funny enough he scored 2 very good goals that would make you think composure is one of his defining characters...

If Babel leaves then i think we might aswell go out and buy a top class left winger and have riera as the backup... i rate riera, hes a very good player whos provided us with much needed balance since hes been here.. but his end product seems to be lacking...

for now though, Aurelio is doing a brilliant job at leftback and Riera is the much better left winger of the two... i'd take Insua ahead of Dossena as leftback cover and Babel ahead of Dossena as left inger cover so that leaves him...errrr... out the door in the summer...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Who needs Robbie Keane

We have Dossena :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:37 pm

aCe' wrote:
tonyeh wrote:It might be an idea to keep him as a back up or sub for Riera, cos I reckon Babel will be off in the Summer.

havent seen much of him at the left wing to make me believe he'd be better than Riera or even good enough to be backup..
for what its worth i think he'd most probably make a terrible left winger... he cant cross for sh!t, seems to run into players rather than past them, and seems to have very little composure when on the ball... funny enough he scored 2 very good goals that would make you think composure is one of his defining characters...

If Babel leaves then i think we might aswell go out and buy a top class left winger and have riera as the backup... i rate riera, hes a very good player whos provided us with much needed balance since hes been here.. but his end product seems to be lacking...

for now though, Aurelio is doing a brilliant job at leftback and Riera is the much better left winger of the two... i'd take Insua ahead of Dossena as leftback cover and Babel ahead of Dossena as left inger cover so that leaves him...errrr... out the door in the summer...

Is he a fullback though?
Just because he is picked to play there it doesnt mean its his best position
Two examples:
Bob Paisley bought Ray Kennedy, Arsenal striker, and turned him into the best Left sided midfielder of his time.
John Arne Riise was a great left sided midfielder who was put as left back and turned into the disaster that some of us knew he would become.

"Sometime things happen for a reason"
Derek Akorah
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:28 pm

aCe' wrote:

Aye, but it wouldn't be the first time for Rafa to play someone out of position, would it?

Anyway, I only say it because I think it's obvious that Babel will go in the Summer and I doubt we'll have the shillings to shell out for a new LM, as well as a decent RM and a new striker.
tonyeh

Postby akumaface » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:26 pm

We need Dossena here, otherwise who should we blame if Lucas leave in the summer :p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:29 pm

a swap deal with any of the seria a clubs for some one good is the best plan for him

and keep lucas as a hate figure, as with pennant leaving i would feel a bit short in the scape goat element of the club which we have had for years!!!!!!!!!

that s a thread on it's own     who has been the most disliked lfc player ever!!!!!!!!!!

luis (at times we all hated him the little scamp)

emile......... you know you did

pennant............ my selection as the most wasted money lfc ever spent

lucas.... one for the future

dicks.. never good enough by far

owen... never loved by the kop
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:48 pm

u missed crouch off that list and biscan and i didnt like garry abblett and bruno cheyrou, infact i better stop as diouf, song, im stopping now
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Diouff was biggest hate figure by far.

At least Biscan tried.

As for Dossena, well, feck, he's a bizarre one eh?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:24 am

dossa to score against villa 90th min... strange but our last two matches torres,gerrard and dossena have scored.. Torres nad stevie are understandible but dossa loool.... good on the fella keep it up
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 am

I love it how Dossena thumped the badge after scoring against Madrid and then Man Utd :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Dundalk wrote:Who needs Robbie Keane

:D OUR SUPERSUB !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:55 pm

zarababe wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Who needs Robbie Keane

:D OUR SUPERSUB !

Doing a better job of it than a number of those who should be scoring more often. With only one striker on the pitch, the onus is on the rest of the midfield and, to a lesser degree, the defenders to get goals.

I just hope he isn't too much like Riise, not good enough defensively to be a LB, not good enough attacking to be a LM and falling between two stools. For a while I thought Riise would make a good LM, that belief didn't last long
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Hopefully he will be here next season so then we can properly assess him and his abilities within the prem - plenty other players took a season to get used to it - even evra was :censored: poor when he first arrived .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 pm

My view is that he's some way short of being good enough and we should listen tot offers in the Summer. Now Insua has emerged as cover, and Aurelio is playing out of his skin, we should put the couple of million we'll get for Dossena towards buying a first team player. We should put the money we'll lose on his transfer down to experience and move on.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge