ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Red H » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:48 am

First touch Yellow Card, second touch goal. 

Hard to draw any conclusions from that.
Red H

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:48 am

GYBS wrote:Jesus Christ give it a rest - he scored a decent goal - he hit it with a lot of pace and even the strong hand of casillas failed to stop it when he was stoppingeverything all night long . Why the feck cant people just give one little bit of credit with having a BUT . ffs

I agree

People should be giving credit to the likes of Dossena without a 'but' attached...

However. My nan could have scored that.
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:52 am

GYBS wrote:Jesus Christ give it a rest - he scored a decent goal - he hit it with a lot of pace and even the strong hand of casillas failed to stop it when he was stoppingeverything all night long . Why the feck cant people just give one little bit of credit with having a BUT . ffs

"whoa" I'm not Jesus Christ. I have to laugh at people lauding Dossena for just about scoring, I'm as entitled to my opinion as anyone else and I'm not going to go over the top given the circumstances and manner of his goal.

You having your period today or something?  :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:00 am

Owzat wrote:

"whoa" I'm not Jesus Christ. I have to laugh at people lauding Dossena for just about scoring, I'm as entitled to my opinion as anyone else and I'm not going to go over the top given the circumstances and manner of his goal.

The eternal optimist
:laugh:
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:01 am

andy_g wrote:did anyone else spot gerrard and torres p!ssing themselves laughing on the bench when the doss scored? :laugh:

I did watch the scene but not sure what they were laughing at!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:04 am

Owzat wrote:

Who is lauding or going over the top ?? all i said was well done for getting his first goal of his liverpool career - a nice simple well done . ie giving a bit a credit to the lad but its typical of the way the forum is that people cant give players or team or manager credit these days without someone saying BUT and its very frustrating that you cant give a little bit of credit without that BUT appearing .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 am

Sabre wrote:
andy_g wrote:did anyone else spot gerrard and torres p!ssing themselves laughing on the bench when the doss scored? :laugh:

I did watch the scene but not sure what they were laughing at!

i think it was the chest beating as he a ran off up the pitch. it was something that gerrard does quite often when he scores.

good on him though, he must be delighted to get on the score sheet, even against that rabble that had just abut given up.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:05 pm

i never noticed this on the telly, but apparently anfield was singing "andrea dossena, liverpool's number two" after he scored.

:laugh:

is this true?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:19 pm

GYBS wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Who is lauding or going over the top ?? all i said was well done for getting his first goal of his liverpool career - a nice simple well done . ie giving a bit a credit to the lad but its typical of the way the forum is that people cant give players or team or manager credit these days without someone saying BUT and its very frustrating that you cant give a little bit of credit without that BUT appearing .

"I like big BUTS and I cannot lie"  :wwww  :wwww
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:34 pm

You on drugs ? ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:49 pm

It's been a wierd week for him. Scored 2 goals so im really happy for him. But as a defender does he have what it takes? How many of you still want Rafa to offload him in the summer? Do you think after scoring twice this week it could be worth keeping him on his scoring merit?

Just interested to hear your thoughts. Personally I think he should stay now. He seems to be settling in better and has shown he can find the net, something our defenders don't do enough.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:50 pm

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rorschach26 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:34 pm

settling in??? if he hadnt scored the 2 goals itd be a case of wahts dossena done latley had a combined 20 odd mins & done nothing coz lets face it besides the goal what else did he do

now im not havin a go coz i actually like the lad u can c hes a passionate guy  & i watched him alot last year & he has got ability thats whys id give him a second season c if he settled in better over the summer

but if we needed the money hes 1 of the players along with pennant who id ship out
Rorschach26

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:36 pm

It's an odd situation as we also have Insua who has shown he can play in the 1st team too. Perhaps as you say keep in for another year.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Liverpool must be clever and selling him in the summer to any italian club for a high prize.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge