ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Rush Job » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:09 am

Sabre wrote:I think I'm noticing an improvement over the last weeks, which isn't something to get too carried away, decent performances is what I expected from a experienced player.

Let's see if by the summer we can say it wasn't that much a waste of money.

Aurelio is the best player of that position yet, and I've always thought he's better than my countrymate Arbeloa too, who, in all fairness, I think he's doing a solid season.

Your right about Aurelio,if only he could stay fit we wouldnt have a problem at LB, Dossena has been a little better but still goes missing for me and looks edgey when he`s ran at.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:33 am

Agree with pretty much everyone for once. Aurelio is a decent if unspectacular left-back (and I also agree with Sabre that he's a better player than Arbeloa), who if constantly fit would be an adequate first team regular. Despte his improvement, i still don't think Dossena is anywhere near good enough to be honest. I'd be shipping him off back to Italy at the first sniff of an offer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:08 pm

mediocre would be a compliment. Why paid 7 mil for this guy when we already have Insua. Is it not Rafa's business?
:no
whylongball?

Postby loopyliverpool » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 pm

They said he was first choice for the Italian national team on tv the other day! Unbelievable!!
loopyliverpool

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:26 pm

26 as well, didn't realise he was that old. Probably a four year contract, so I'd be getting rid in the Summer while we'll still get some money back. I'd take 3 million anyday of the week.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:41 pm

sad really because if someone said "Liverpool have signed the Italian International first choice left back" we all should be creaming ourselves. but, sadly we dont really like him cos to be honest  - he's rubbish.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Well he is improving every game so maybe by end of season he could be a useful player for us and has settled into the prem .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 am

Well done for him getting his first goal for us last night .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:32 am

Insua should still start ahead of him imo.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:33 am

The state of the game, and their defence, meant it was a goal up for grabs for anyone wanting it. All he had to do is run fast, poor finish at the end of it but it went in. I thought we made a meal of that move, a square pass to men in space was on much earlier
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:38 am

Jesus Christ give it a rest - he scored a decent goal - he hit it with a lot of pace and even the strong hand of casillas failed to stop it when he was stoppingeverything all night long . Why the feck cant people just give one little bit of credit with having a BUT . ffs
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:38 am

did anyone else spot gerrard and torres p!ssing themselves laughing on the bench when the doss scored? :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 am

bavlondon wrote:Insua should still start ahead of him imo.

Think its a bit closer than some people think - dossena has improved on his shocking early season form and is starting to become a better player - when you think it took evra a good 6 months to get into the league (not that im comparing them ) sometime it does take some of the foriegn guys to get used to the prem the pace and the defending . Not many defenders from abroad come in and star . Think he will be here next season and be an option along with Fabio and Insua for both left back and left mid alongside Reira.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 am

andy_g wrote:did anyone else spot gerrard and torres p!ssing themselves laughing on the bench when the doss scored? :laugh:

His reaction to scoring was good .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:46 am

GYBS wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Insua should still start ahead of him imo.

Think its a bit closer than some people think - dossena has improved on his shocking early season form and is starting to become a better player - when you think it took evra a good 6 months to get into the league (not that im comparing them ) sometime it does take some of the foriegn guys to get used to the prem the pace and the defending . Not many defenders from abroad come in and star . Think he will be here next season and be an option along with Fabio and Insua for both left back and left mid alongside Reira.

OK lets see what happens on the weekend. He has been on in patches but well see when he has to defend again. Id love to see him settle in but my money is on him going.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge