ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby RedBlood » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 pm

I like him i think hes a massive improvement on what weve had over the last few years

cant understand why people got his back so early ???
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:14 pm

RedBlood wrote:I like him i think hes a massive improvement on what weve had over the last few years

I know, I've seen more skill from him in preseason, than I've ever seen from Riise last season.  This guy's going to be fantastic once he settles in, I have no doubt about that.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Rush Job » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
RedBlood wrote:I like him i think hes a massive improvement on what weve had over the last few years

I know, I've seen more skill from him in preseason, than I've ever seen from Riise last season.  This guy's going to be fantastic once he settles in, I have no doubt about that.

Hope so mate.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:09 pm

This guy is going to improve our attacking play massively from what I've seen of him so far.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:15 pm

In Italy Andrea is especially a male name. It's the equivalent of Andrew :D .

Dossena is a good player. He can play either in the midfield line or in the defensive. Last season was very good for Udinese especially thanks of him, Di Natale and Inler. I retained a stupid thing not to have up Dossena for the European Cup in Austria and Switerland! In my opinion he's better than Riise.
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:33 pm

The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:In Italy Andrea is especially a male name. It's the equivalent of Andrew :D .

Dossena is a good player. He can play either in the midfield line or in the defensive. Last season was very good for Udinese especially thanks of him, Di Natale and Inler. I retained a stupid thing not to have up Dossena for the European Cup in Austria and Switerland! In my opinion he's better than Riise.

That can only be good news! Time will tell.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kukilon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:32 pm

From what I have seen so far he is an improvement over Riise but I expect him to improve when he has settled. Give the new guys some time.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:13 pm

From 365

Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena admits he is feeling more settled at Anfield after a difficult start to life in England.

Dossena struggled to make an impact at Liverpool following his arrival from Udinese last summer.

But the full-back believes he now understands more of what is required of him from Reds boss Rafa Benitez.

"In the first six months it was not easy for me because Italian football is very different from here," Dossena told Sky Sports News.

"Now I know what the boss Benitez wants from me."

Dossena insists Liverpool will fight until the end with Manchester United for the Premier League title.

The Reds sit in second spot two points behind leaders United, but Dossena says the squad will give their all to try and win the championship crown.

"United are a strong team, a good team, but we are Liverpool Football Club we want to win and we will try to win until the finish of the season.

"If at the finish of the season you win OK, but we want to stay there."

After a rocky start in the last few matches he has started to impress me and is beginning to look like the player we were supposed to have bought
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:15 pm

yeah i agree mate - he seems to be improving each time he plays and seems to be fighting for the ball and doing well - still needs to keep going thou .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm

I think I'm noticing an improvement over the last weeks, which isn't something to get too carried away, decent performances is what I expected from a experienced player.

Let's see if by the summer we can say it wasn't that much a waste of money.

Aurelio is the best player of that position yet, and I've always thought he's better than my countrymate Arbeloa too, who, in all fairness, I think he's doing a solid season.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Insua is ten times better than him.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Alex G. wrote:Insua is ten times better than him.

im 10 times better than him!!!!!!!!!

thought fabio did him self no harm at all against pompey and he and insua could be good enough for that position for a while , his delivery from set plays was far better than gerrard and xabi have been all season

i am still waiting for dosenna to play like an Italian, also waitin for lucas to play like a footballer who gives a rat as s
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:52 pm

has been playing a bit better in recent weeks but that wasn't exactly hard
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Madmax » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:39 pm

As long as he is gradually improving is a good sign.. Get quite a few games comming up so may see him quite often.. We need all the lads to be on a high now and jump over the last hurdle..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:18 am

wow...what a turn..

all of a sudden, a goal line save earns him a song of his own.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge