WIGAN VS LIVERPOOL - Wednedsay 10th november 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 pm

bigmick wrote:Well I see it didn't take people too long to put down the "I'm not going to go over the top about the manager" banners :laugh: Chill out you lot, we are a work in progress, we still might win it yet, and it's not an easy place to go.

Fecks sake you'd think we were getting done 4-0 to read your posts.

I'm sorry mick but those substitutions are baffling to be honest! Why did he put on shelvey? why not Jovanovic or Ngog in the 2nd half. What was sensible about the Poulsen substitution? he doesn't bring any attacking threat, that was just silly substitution.

We were dire, thank f*ck it ended 1-1. N'zogbia was a real live wire.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 pm

well one thing is for sure, all the team should be sent out to do short passing in the morning, it was shocking how poor it was tonight, the back 4 need to stop booting the ball 50 yards up as its only going to the other team.

passing was the problem, if you can not get your passing right you dont get the ball and you end up sitting in your own halfmost of the game on your back foot....like tonight.

passing passing
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 pm

The first 20 minutes proved #lfc had enough to win that. The following 73 proved Hodgson's tactics and decisions are negative & uninspiring
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 pm

lakes10 wrote:lol on the radio they said Roy has almost lost his voice due to shouting "pass the ball" for the last 45 mins.

I watched the match and he didnt move out of his seat until the 89 minute just sat there rubbing his face, so the radios lying.

Anyone who defends them tactics needs their heads testing theres no excuse that was feckin poor, very poor and something we have witnessed to many this season.

My other half never comments on Liverpool but even he said that manager is no good he should hold his hand up and admit hes not up to the job and walk away.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Great chance to make a statement tonight but we badly blew it.  Tactics in the 2nd half were awful and the subs were baffling.

Luckily other results these past 2 days have gone ok for us.  i think there is a bunch of us on 16 points now including Bolton, West Brom, Spurs, sunderland and Villa and possibly Newcastle.  Unfortunately the top 4 are pulling away from the pack by a couple of points.

Badly need to beat Stoke now.  2nd half was as bad as ive seen all season.  Shelvey shouldn't of been thrown into that match.  I would have thrown Gerrard or Kuyt on the right.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 pm

lakes10 wrote:well one thing is for sure, all the team should be sent out to do short passing in the morning, it was shocking how poor it was tonight, the back 4 need to stop booting the ball 50 yards up as its only going to the other team.

passing was the problem, if you can not get your passing right you dont get the ball and you end up sitting in your own halfmost of the game on your back foot....like tonight.

passing passing

And what does he do? Brings of a decent player in Merieles and brings on a rookie Jonjo. I am really excited by Jonjo but tonight wasn't the right sort of game for him to come into, not unless we were 3-0 with 15 mins to go.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
boodiddy1 wrote:Awful gameplan after the goal went in. Sitting far too deep, isolating fernando (again). No pace in our team and Nzogbia was class. ost count of number of times skrtel and carra hoofed the ball forward like the oold wimbledon.

Absolutely pathetic. One step forward two back Roy. Awful. You can forget getting anywhere near 4th playing like that. Lucas back to giving cheap balls away. Gerrard playing superman passes again. Maxi :censored: scared of Nzogbia and Stam. Kelly nervous. It was PATHETIC

How are individual player performances Roy's fault numbnuts.

Be sensible, it's embarrassing.

Where have i said individual performances are Roys fault? Im summarising the game you dick. The tactics of sitting deep are roys fault though.

Now learn to read you :censored: meff

Sorry butwhen you include comments like "One step forward two back Roy" in the SAME paragraph as comments directed to players, how the hell are you supposed to read it you mong.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:I Fu*king hate it when players give the ball away so cheaply
It drives me Fu*king mad. Get a Fu*king grip you gobsh'ites and pass the ball to a red shirt. If you lose it get the fuc'king thing back. Simple football for fu'cks sake!
They played like they were in a trance. I can understand that a cold november night in front of a half empty stadium might not inspire everyone but show some passion and composure. Roy looked gutted that they were playing like that and I can totally sympathise with him.
:angry:

yer i just posted about the passing, and on the radio they said Roy almost lost his voice due to shouting "pass the ball" for the last 45 mins.

shocking how many times we gave the ball away due to poor passing, wonder if there are stats for that?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 pm

bavlondon wrote:The first 20 minutes proved #lfc had enough to win that. The following 73 proved Hodgson's tactics and decisions are negative & uninspiring

Who said that mate Paul Dalglish?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm

NANNY RED wrote:We scored an for the rest of the game we just sat back an let them come at us, Im sorry but the game was cryin out for Ngog , get the lad on let him hold the ball up at which he does great  gerreard back in the middle, but what does he do he brings on feckin Poulson,  He hasnt got a clue how to change a game im sorry ,

That's correct he should NOT played Poulson ...he should give Jonjo Shelvey and Nathan Eccleston play them more and play them at the right position ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:lol on the radio they said Roy has almost lost his voice due to shouting "pass the ball" for the last 45 mins.

I watched the match and he didnt move out of his seat until the 89 minute just sat there rubbing his face, so the radios lying.

Anyone who defends them tactics needs their heads testing theres no excuse that was feckin poor, very poor and something we have witnessed to many this season.

My other half never comments on Liverpool but even he said that manager is no good he should hold his hand up and admit hes not up to the job and walk away.

did not know you had to stand up to shout lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm

He played the same team against a "lesser" side. We were 1-0 up within 8 minutes. How the fu'ck can anyone place the sole blame on the manager?
Whatever attitude we had against chelsea wasnt there tonight for whatever reason. Simple
Thommo's perm

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:

How dare you critasise , we drew, youv got to agree with what o grand master says otherwise were  laughable,

Im tellin yeh f,ucking schoolies we are , get that blackboard out and get rubbin,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Its not Roy's problem that the players can't pass or keep the f*cking ball, if the players can win against Chelsea with the SAME lineup and the SAME tactics, why can't we beat Wigan?

I agree, the substitutions were baffling
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 pm

6th to 10th spot now on 16 points, it will be an interesting fight from here
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games