TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:34 pm

when criticizing Lucas and Mascherano on a lack of creativity, lets keep in mind that Xabi was not exactly Xavi or Iniesta out there.  Ok Lucas does not have as much quality right now as Alonso, so what? were we expecting him to? That is far too high of an expectation.  I think one thing that could help would be to free up Lucas and Gerrard more to switch places and pop up in each other spots, catching the defense off guard. That's how Lucas scored against Atletico.
JoeTerp

Postby The Real Deal » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
The Real Deal wrote:4-5-1 is for teams ARFAID to play. its the "we are scared of getting beat" formation!

Apparently it's also for teams who score the most goals in the league, like we did last season...playing 4-5-1 (or, more accurately, 4-2-3-1). :D

Yeah fair comment. The season before? and befroe that top scorers?

But a Mourhinio would have played a 4-3-3 formation there, and the kind of attitude similar to..."you come and worry about us" !!

Rafa is too defensive. Torres needs more support. Rafa lov es his attacking full backs and not his wingers, strikers.

you need to have 2 strikers up front in prem league, as the physical aspect is so great and quick, you will just get crowded out half the time by opposition centre backs.

more attacking please........
The Real Deal

Postby burjennio » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Dundalk wrote:Image

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:D

Aw well,there's always next season!
burjennio

Postby redhayesy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 pm

feck blaming raffa for the defeat, that is a bu11sh1t point of view that was shot down in flames time an time again last season! for me today i will say it again as iv'e said many times before, the players who are given a chance in a lifetime to prove themselves with our financial situation fecking need to realise it now end of!

an as i say to anyone on this forum if you ever needed evidence,actuall display proof etc that the likes of babel aren't good enough to play for LFC i don't know what is. his attitude stinks for me,evidence-he fecking waits for the ball to come to him,rather than fecking fight for the ball,so called quick-don't make me laugh. he demonstraited today finally he is out of his depth with LFC, all the bu11sh1t about if he was at arsenal etc is just another reason why his hype about ability is totally wrong.

i wanted him to really prove himself this season,i was impressed with raffa for giving him a start today-although deep down prefere yossi even though he isn't natually a left winger. fecking hell yossi played better,created more chances,battled for the ball more than babel did all game!

that's why for me you can't blame raffa for babel's performance, it's the player himself. he's played in a posistion he played since we signed him,also for country etc. so feck blaming raffa -i just sincerly hope that babel is put on the subs bench for many a game coming up,cause his attitude more than anything for me is a disgrace!

Lucas is another who iv'e said time an time again needs to show desire,determination to show raffa he is worthy of wearing the red jersey-fecking hell he was so weak today it was fecking annoying to see.

he was given great praise during pre-season in the games he played again i will debate that cause evidence again showed he has been given such a massive opportunity to shine,an as i knew deep down knew he wouldn't because he isn't good enough, attitude,an desire to give raffa a selection headache is non existant.

our midfield was poor today that's where we lost the game for me,cause if the tackles had been better an closing down of their players in the first place,our back four wouldn't have been exposed as much as their were. both goals proved that for me.

on a possitive note,i'm still very opomistic about this season- just as long as the above players don't play week in week out,cause they don't deserve a place in the first team. the only reason they may get futher games is because of injury to other players.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Can't help but thinking also that maybe the lads have got a bit of stage fright too....I mean, I wonder (baseless speculation, mate, before you say it :;):  ) if some of the lads are thinking "Shyte, this is the season we're supposed to win the league.." and bottled it today. They certainly didn't play like a team or even as individuals who were comfortable with the burden of expectation....
Maybe even Lucas and Masch are wondering if too much is expected of them in the post-Alonso era....
Purely thinking out loud here...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Thought the whole team were awful today, with a special mention to Ryan Babel and Lucas Leiva who may as well have stayed at home with the amount of input they had in the game. When i saw the lineup today i feared the worst, i mean did anyone really expect of host of chances being made, with Babel, Kuyt, Mascherano and Lucas in the team? poor selection from Rafa IMO. I think for the next game we should make a few changes in midfield to spice things up a bit, it was disgustingly limp out there today.

1.Reina
Rb.Johnson              Cb.Carragher                       Cb.Skretl                Lb. Insua

Rw.Kuyt                             Cm.Gerrard              Cm.Mascherano      Lw.Riera

Am.Benayoun

St.Torres

I think we should go with that lineup until Aquilani is fit
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:53 pm

come on lads, its the first game of the season. Keep the faith, we'll batter Stoke and all will be right again  :)
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 pm

mate if they don't know what's expected of them now they never will! that's why the likes of babel an Lucas will never cut it at LFC. how many chances do they need! enough is enough for me as i say it is only due to our financial situation that they have been given the chances theyv'e got in the first place.

their attitude will always be their down fall let alone ability. today proved that beyound any doubt for me.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Thought the whole team were awful today, with a special mention to Ryan Babel and Lucas Leiva who may as well have stayed at home with the amount of input they had in the game. When i saw the lineup today i feared the worst, i mean did anyone really expect of host of chances being made, with Babel, Kuyt, Mascherano and Lucas in the team? poor selection from Rafa IMO. I think for the next game we should make a few changes in midfield to spice things up a bit, it was disgustingly limp out there today.

1.Reina
Rb.Johnson              Cb.Carragher                       Cb.Skretl                Lb. Insua

Rw.Kuyt                             Cm.Gerrard              Cm.Mascherano      Lw.Riera

Am.Benayoun

St.Torres

Lucas played well mate. He is improving but I think he should not be utilised as a holding midfielder. Babel on the other hand doesn't play well wherever he is played.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Thought the whole team were awful today, with a special mention to Ryan Babel and Lucas Leiva who may as well have stayed at home with the amount of input they had in the game. When i saw the lineup today i feared the worst, i mean did anyone really expect of host of chances being made, with Babel, Kuyt, Mascherano and Lucas in the team? poor selection from Rafa IMO. I think for the next game we should make a few changes in midfield to spice things up a bit, it was disgustingly limp out there today.

1.Reina

Am.Benayoun

St.Torres

yes mate i did! i expected the likes of babel to produce loads of chances for torres today,especially with the defencive issuses they also had. babel should of run their defence ragged today an produced quality crosse an genuine chances for our attacking play-did he feck! as a result of our p1ss poor midfield play also players like babel didn't fight for the ball when he lost it,hence gerrard was pulled back futher to try an rectify the situation, after all his free role is an should be to ceate chances for torres in the first place.

torres as a result didn't get any decent service the whole game as a result of that.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:

1.Reina

Am.Benayoun

St.Torres

Lucas played well mate. He is improving but I think he should not be utilised as a holding midfielder. Babel on the other hand doesn't play well wherever he is played.

no he didnt, he tried his best but is no way near good enough to be starting for a club of our stature. Put it this way compare Lucas performance to a Xabi Alonso performance, thats how your supposed to play centre midfield.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Lucas played good in my opinion. He can still improve so he deserves to play. But Babel and Voronin were shocking and need to go! Bring some other people Tuncay, Kranjar,Distan etc i don't care as long as they are good! Gerrard was frustrated! Torres was as well. Lucas should player further up the field. He clearly has proven he's better up the field then in midfield! God i hope Reira gets fit and Rafa brings in some more players! And Aquilani needs to be good or we're then kinda :censored:. I think we should try some young ones as we never know they might be good! But this is a wake up call and i hope the lads listen and respond on the field!!!!
Tim LFC

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:20 pm

We all need to take a step back here and remember it's the first game and this same team pretty much almost won the league last season so enough with the doom and gloom.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

1.Reina

Am.Benayoun

St.Torres

no he didnt, he tried his best but is no way near good enough to be starting for a club of our stature. Put it this way compare Lucas performance to a Xabi Alonso performance, thats how your supposed to play centre midfield.

spot on mate. Lucas played well today- he played the same today as he's always done-out of his depth,like a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming car etc. i know it's albout opinions on here which is quite right, but please look at the fact that today's game should finally make people realise he just isn't good enough for LFC in every aspect of his game.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 pm

bavlondon wrote:We all need to take a step back here and remember it's the first game and this same team pretty much almost won the league last season so enough with the doom and gloom.

Very true, its still early and theres plenty of time to recover, but we must learn from todays performance.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games