TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Real Deal » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Tottenham Dave wrote:One thing I would be concerned about were I a Liv fan, is the lack of options on the bench.

Not 100% sure about your squad depth.

I like Benayoun, think he's got some quality, but quite honestly, I thought our bench was much stronger, and we're only going for 6th!

Well played today mate you where better than us all over the park and deserved the win, some gobsh!tes here blame Rafa.

You have a rich owner though, we have a pair of robbing b@stards that have just stole our transfer kity and paid it to the RBS to the tune of 60 million.

How can Spurs have Pavlechenco, Crouch, Defo, and Keane. 4 strikers.

And Liverpool have Ngog, Voronin, and Torres?

Rafa out !!!

LOL CIGGY.

Hi. Anyone think that Crouch and Keane should have been on our bench???

As when I looked at our bench I was in Horror!

We havent got the squad to do it!

We should have got Hamann back as a squad player, he's looking for a new club, and Owen.

And to see the old "Five in Midfield" scenario with Lucas and Kuyt as a WINGER! this is Just silly. need to be more daring.

Rafa take a risk will you and play Kuyt/ torres up front.!!!

two questions for Rafa:

1. Why has lucas/ Dossena not been disposed of in the Transfer window??

2. How does Lucas get a start over Benayoun?

Even Stevie wonder can see that Benny Offers a lot More?

Not panicking. but although RIera and Aquilani or whoever have to come back, Rafa has not brought enough in.

I just can't help thinking that Stevie G is fearing carrying the whole weight of the team yet again! Even he prob can't be ar**ed.!

I dont think Rafa will win us the league. No offence.

He plays far too defensivesly. why not play 4-4-2?
4-5-1 is for teams ARFAID to play. its the "we are scared of getting beat" formation!

Not happy Red  :angry:
The Real Deal

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:00 pm

bavlondon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

hold on, put your bra back on, i have seen no posts that are saying sack rafa, what i have seen are posts that say he is to blame for the state of the team right now. the owners gave him free run with the 56mil, he picked the plyers today, he told them how to play.

it is down to a manager how a team plays.

Lakes, how long have you been watching football for? There's more variables than just the manager.

well i am 37 today so take 2 years off that.

a manager makes a team, he builds the team, he tells them how to play....when they get it wrong the get the blame thats why they get the sack if they keep getting bad results.

So it has f*ck all to do with the other team's performance, luck, desire from players, etc etc? Tell me, this team we'd on was more or less the same team we done United with at OT last season. So, since when does a world beating side with world beating players all of a sudden become so poor that it's the managers fault that he picked such a side?

OK so why bother getting big name managers then when they clearly have so little influence on the team performance?  :D

Because sometimes even the underdog or the little people can have their day in football? Some of you would swap Harry Redknapp based off a lucky win last season and this one over a manager that really does have his work cut out for him managing one of the biggest, and most skint clubs on the planet, yet still manages to bring us in line with the likes of your Barca's, Madrids and United's of the world who are loaded.

yeah £120million net spend over 5 seasons is a bit of a squeeze isn't it, must make us one of the poorest clubs in the world.  :no

Leave of mate you know very well its a 1 in 1 our senario. It's not like Rafa was given a pot of 120Mil and just said spend it as you please.

ok so tell me who has been spending more than us then, did Arsenal spend more than us perhaps ??  :D
heimdall

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:02 pm

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

hold on, put your bra back on, i have seen no posts that are saying sack rafa, what i have seen are posts that say he is to blame for the state of the team right now. the owners gave him free run with the 56mil, he picked the plyers today, he told them how to play.

Lakes, how long have you been watching football for? There's more variables than just the manager.

a manager makes a team, he builds the team, he tells them how to play....when they get it wrong the get the blame thats why they get the sack if they keep getting bad results.

So it has f*ck all to do with the other team's performance, luck, desire from players, etc etc? Tell me, this team we'd on was more or less the same team we done United with at OT last season. So, since when does a world beating side with world beating players all of a sudden become so poor that it's the managers fault that he picked such a side?

OK so why bother getting big name managers then when they clearly have so little influence on the team performance?  :D

Because sometimes even the underdog or the little people can have their day in football? Some of you would swap Harry Redknapp based off a lucky win last season and this one over a manager that really does have his work cut out for him managing one of the biggest, and most skint clubs on the planet, yet still manages to bring us in line with the likes of your Barca's, Madrids and United's of the world who are loaded.

yeah £120million net spend over 5 seasons is a bit of a squeeze isn't it, must make us one of the poorest clubs in the world.  :no

Spent so much $$$ and we haven't even fixed the fundemental flaw in the squad.....balance.

Every season we have a pothole the whole season....Right winger....left winger....central midfielder.....a centre back who is dominant in the air... we always have a weakness every season.

Just fix the balance of the 1st team (i am not even saying the squad....just the 1st team will do..) benitez once and for all.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:02 pm

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Im intrigued.

Heimdall, see what you know about facts and figures, I can write on my fingernail. Leave it out. Out of the whole squad that played in Istanbul, can you tell me how many are now still playing for us? For 150 mill, like you claim, our current squad is a bargain at that.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:02 pm

The Real Deal wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Tottenham Dave wrote:One thing I would be concerned about were I a Liv fan, is the lack of options on the bench.

I like Benayoun, think he's got some quality, but quite honestly, I thought our bench was much stronger, and we're only going for 6th!

Well played today mate you where better than us all over the park and deserved the win, some gobsh!tes here blame Rafa.

You have a rich owner though, we have a pair of robbing b@stards that have just stole our transfer kity and paid it to the RBS to the tune of 60 million.

Rafa out !!!

LOL CIGGY.

We should have got Hamann back as a squad player, he's looking for a new club, and Owen.

And to see the old "Five in Midfield" scenario with Lucas and Kuyt as a WINGER! this is Just silly. need to be more daring.

Rafa take a risk will you and play Kuyt/ torres up front.!!!

two questions for Rafa:

1. Why has lucas/ Dossena not been disposed of in the Transfer window??

2. How does Lucas get a start over Benayoun?

Even Stevie wonder can see that Benny Offers a lot More?

Not panicking. but although RIera and Aquilani or whoever have to come back, Rafa has not brought enough in.

I just can't help thinking that Stevie G is fearing carrying the whole weight of the team yet again! Even he prob can't be ar**ed.!

I dont think Rafa will win us the league. No offence.

He plays far too defensivesly. why not play 4-4-2?
4-5-1 is for teams ARFAID to play. its the "we are scared of getting beat" formation!

Not happy Red  :angry:

Erm didn't Crouch and Keane sit on our bench, wasn't that the reason they both wanted to leave?
heimdall

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:03 pm

heimdall wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Im intrigued.

Leave of mate you know very well its a 1 in 1 our senario. It's not like Rafa was given a pot of 120Mil and just said spend it as you please.

ok so tell me who has been spending more than us then, did Arsenal spend more than us perhaps ??  :D

No but they have good nurtured system in place for bringing in youth. And yes Utd and Chelsea have spent more than us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:04 pm

If we need to push gerrard into centre midfield until alberto is fit, would you rather play yossi in the role behind torres, or play yossi on the right and bring in kuyt to partner torres?
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:04 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:We don't have enough cover at the back and the manager - as would be expected of him - HAS to put it to the owners to stump up the cash for cover. He didn't and we suffered today.

He didn't?  And we know this how?  Come on, mate.  There's fair criticism (selecting Babel ahead of Benayoun today) and then there's baseless speculation.  We're all frustrated with the 'performance' today but let's not get carried away.  ???

Here's what I base this on mate....

How many times this week and last have you read where RB has said "We have no money to spend...". Know what that looks like to me ? Looks like he's airing his dirty linen in public again. Looks like he's having a spat with the owners again.
Know what I think he should have done instead ? Got a blank sheet of paper out and did a little maths: What we recouped from sales this summer vs. what we invested in players (all NET figures, mind....factoring in the actual cash spent on Johnson, netting off what we were owed for Crouch...).
And THEN said to the owners in private : we are in trouble at the back....and put it right.

Completely.  Baseless.  Speculation.
:no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

The Real Deal wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Rafa out !!!

LOL CIGGY.

Holy f*ck!

Aye, sure we should have went for Jan Molby for a squad player. I hear he's looking a kick about these days.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

s@int wrote:
Love how whenever you mention something valid in hindsight after a result like today, then you're looking through "rose tinted specs" bollox comes out. Balls.

For a start, who could he have picked? Alonso handed in his f*cking transfere request. He wanted to split, so that left Lucas or Spearing. Take your pick.

Riera was the only other viable option in place of Babel. Now, judging from Babel's roasting of Johnson mid-week there, it's no surprise that he got the nod, or maybe it was just a simple case of Riera not being match fit or a slight injury problem? Again, this is the side that battered United at OT, and beat Chelsea at home comfortably last year. Didn't heard droans of "duff team selection" then. Short memories and all that.

To be fair Rafa could have bought a player who was actually fit ?

It is a slight hinderance but otherwise he would have cost a lot more. If Villa was out for the same period and we signed him would you be saying the same thing?

The problem is that we have not built up more strength in depth. We have basically just improved our 1st team of which a key player is currently injured. We have not improved the quality of our bench which is the real issue.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
only me wrote:If Rafa thinks that we can replicate last season performance with more or less the exact players his tripping - last season was pure heroism from the lads but it's no substance for lack of a deep talented squad ,Johnson was the only positive addition this pre-season and thats not enough ,Lucas and Babel have no place in Liverpool and no way in starting eleven if Rafa can't see it he will feel it ,Today was the first dose.

If Rafa think he can place the whole season on Torres and SG back's he is facing bitter disappointment ,they need help meaning another quality striker and another creative Mid.

Yes he is a genious tactician but there is a limit to how long you can cover your weaknesses.

Good point....noone seems to remember we were very lucky in quite a few games last season (with all the sending offs....against alonso). So many last minute goals....

If Benitez thinks we can replicate that this season....then i think he had really lost it.

Are you sure you're not sitting there with a United or Chelsea top on?

Are you sure you ain't bending over for benitez ?

Supporting the team doesn't mean blindly accepting all the mistakes (or repeated mistakes over and over again) by the coach.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Im intrigued.

Heimdall, see what you know about facts and figures, I can write on my fingernail. Leave it out. Out of the whole squad that played in Istanbul, can you tell me how many are now still playing for us? For 150 mill, like you claim, our current squad is a bargain at that.

oh I'm sorry did we let all the other player leave on free transfers?

You must have enormous fingernails.  :D

We have a team, we don't have a squad, that has been our problem for the last 5 years and it is still a problem and it's NOT all down to money. We should have several academy players ready by now but instead we bring in fluff players from abroad to fill the squad who have no skill and no passion.
heimdall

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Lucas proved he wasn't good enough for cover last year ... He's gonna be playing the exact same role this year even after Aquilani is fit, That is a huge worry for me because he's just not good enough especially if we have ambitions of winning the league.
Alonso leaving has left us without a true playmaker, Lucas and mascherano where playing the exact same role today ... Benny came on and changed the game, He was the only player that looked capable of opening The spurs defence up.

I think we need a support striker to Torres so Gerrard can move back and help fill the gap that Alonso has left ... Otherwise where gonna be chasing teams already at the top of the league.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:06 pm

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
only me wrote:If Rafa thinks that we can replicate last season performance with more or less the exact players his tripping - last season was pure heroism from the lads but it's no substance for lack of a deep talented squad ,Johnson was the only positive addition this pre-season and thats not enough ,Lucas and Babel have no place in Liverpool and no way in starting eleven if Rafa can't see it he will feel it ,Today was the first dose.

If Rafa think he can place the whole season on Torres and SG back's he is facing bitter disappointment ,they need help meaning another quality striker and another creative Mid.

Yes he is a genious tactician but there is a limit to how long you can cover your weaknesses.

Good point....noone seems to remember we were very lucky in quite a few games last season (with all the sending offs....against alonso). So many last minute goals....

If Benitez thinks we can replicate that this season....then i think he had really lost it.

Are you sure you're not sitting there with a United or Chelsea top on?

So you win the prize for the first person to come out with that old cherished immortal line. Well done, I'm a bit annoyed though as I had my money on Ciggy.  :D

Heimdall, come on - everyone knows you're a closet bitter.  :p
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:06 pm

bavlondon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Im intrigued.

No but they have good nurtured system in place for bringing in youth. And yes Utd and Chelsea have spent more than us.

Erm who have manure and the chavs bought then?
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games