TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 pm

maguskwt wrote:It's very simple what's not right today... our midfield... Lucas didn't do many mistakes... but he's just not good enough as simple as that... He's a toothless player and cannot dominate the midfield... what needs to be done is simple...if everyone's fit, we need to play like this:

Reina

Johnson    Carragher      Agger       Insua

Kuyt                        Mascherano   Riera
                 Gerrard

Benayoun       Torres

Now that Xabi's gone, Gerrard is needed to dominate the midfield until Aquilani can play. Benayoun can fill in Gerrard's role of supporting Torres. He did this very well last season when Gerrard was injured and again today showed that he can play this role. The reason why Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres and Babel looked ineffective today was because we could not control the midfield it's as simple as that...

I'd agree with that, mate.  We looked a completely different side when Yossi came on and Stevie dropped deep.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

metalhead wrote:
s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:its over.

wonder when the "its not Rafas fault" post start oh and "its down to the owners" posts

It is actually down to our owners that we havent brought in better quality players what are you a feckin ostrich?

Rafa has had over 56MIL TO SPEND, it down to him that 20mil has gone on a player that is not fit.

its also down to Rafa that our best player last year has left.....so yes its down to the Manager.

I am not saying sack him or anything like that but the blame is his.

How did he have 56Mil to spend?

And Aquilani was 20Mil Euros, of which we have only paid like 5 or so as the rest are in installments and add ons. And Johnson was only around 10Mil as they already owed us 7Mil for Crouch. That doesn't add up to 56Mil mate. The fecking owners have not even given Rafa all of what he brought in for Xabi to spend let alone his annual budget.

If you buy a car for £20k and only put £5k down as a deposit the car still cost £20k Bav.

still costs 20k , but then your paying it over time... with interest, so it may end up costing 35k  :Oo:  :D

With our owners we are used to paying interest Metalhead  :(
account deleted by request

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

hold on, put your bra back on, i have seen no posts that are saying sack rafa, what i have seen are posts that say he is to blame for the state of the team right now. the owners gave him free run with the 56mil, he picked the plyers today, he told them how to play.

it is down to a manager how a team plays.

Lakes, how long have you been watching football for? There's more variables than just the manager.

well i am 37 today so take 2 years off that.

a manager makes a team, he builds the team, he tells them how to play....when they get it wrong the get the blame thats why they get the sack if they keep getting bad results.

So it has f*ck all to do with the other team's performance, luck, desire from players, etc etc? Tell me, this team we'd on was more or less the same team we done United with at OT last season. So, since when does a world beating side with world beating players all of a sudden become so poor that it's the managers fault that he picked such a side?

OK so why bother getting big name managers then when they clearly have so little influence on the team performance?  :D
heimdall

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:43 pm

lakes10 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:its over.

wonder when the "its not Rafas fault" post start oh and "its down to the owners" posts

It is actually down to our owners that we havent brought in better quality players what are you a feckin ostrich?

Rafa has had over 56MIL TO SPEND, it down to him that 20mil has gone on a player that is not fit.

its also down to Rafa that our best player last year has left.....so yes its down to the Manager.

I am not saying sack him or anything like that but the blame is his.

How did he have 56Mil to spend?

And Aquilani was 20Mil Euros, of which we have only paid like 5 or so as the rest are in installments and add ons. And Johnson was only around 10Mil as they already owed us 7Mil for Crouch. That doesn't add up to 56Mil mate. The fecking owners have not even given Rafa all of what he brought in for Xabi to spend let alone his annual budget.

with the add ones the 20Mil Euros turned into £20 mil .

Rafa was given an amount to spend that was around the 56mil.

its around 18mil leftmight be a bit more but rafa is looking to buy two players and thats why he says he has no money.

theres some stuff on RAWK about it all, its a long read.

If that's true then that's a relief. At least he is activley looking to bring in more people. I just hope they are half decent players.

Enjoy your evening mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 pm

lakes10 wrote:anyway off to spend the rest of my birthday with the wife.

FFS stop posting on here and enjoy your birthday mate.
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 pm

only me wrote:If Rafa thinks that we can replicate last season performance with more or less the exact players his tripping - last season was pure heroism from the lads but it's no substance for lack of a deep talented squad ,Johnson was the only positive addition this pre-season and thats not enough ,Lucas and Babel have no place in Liverpool and no way in starting eleven if Rafa can't see it he will feel it ,Today was the first dose.

If Rafa think he can place the whole season on Torres and SG back's he is facing bitter disappointment ,they need help meaning another quality striker and another creative Mid.

Yes he is a genious tactician but there is a limit to how long you can cover your weaknesses.

Heroism? What you mean like in those 11 draws?

We could have lost 6 games last season and still won the title had we converted half of them draws into wins. Mad, isn't? Mathematics is a crazy thing, no?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Effes wrote:I defo blame Rafa for playing Babel ahead of Benayoun.

Most people on here were saying such before kick off.

Maybe Yossi played 90 mins for Israel midweek and was hlaf way around the world No?

They played away in Northern Ireland  :laugh:
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Effes wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Maybe Yossi played 90 mins for Israel midweek and was hlaf way around the world No?

:D
account deleted by request

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Ciggy wrote:How can Spurs have Pavlechenco, Crouch, Defo, and Keane. 4 strikers.

And Liverpool have Ngog, Voronin, and Torres?

Rafa out !!!

We could have had Torres, Keane, Voronin and Ngog if it wasn't for benitez...... Remember how he treated Keane.  :glare:

If we still had keane.....gerrard could easily drop into midfield and benayoun can go to the left ......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:46 pm

I was really disappointed with Babel today, instead of improving his game intelligence it seems like he's actually doing the opposite.  And I still can't figure why Carragher headbutted Skrtel.  That was sheer stupidity, which largely contributed to our loss today. 

I just hope that Benayoun starts in our next game.  He was amazing today.  Our football improved drastically after he came on.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:46 pm

I reckon at this stage, with all the grief Babel and Lucas get from our OWN fans, they're more afraid of putting a foot WRONG than putting a foot RIGHT. Not saying their performances are acceptable, but I think Rafa has the right to DEMAND more from them, not just hope they'll turn a game on its head.
I am majir major pi$$ed off after that result. And to all those who say it's only one game out ot 38, our direct competitors all won, as was expected for teams expecting to be in the top 5. And we didn't.
Not good enough, not by a long shot...

And there was not a single performance preseason that would have suggested otherwisw...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:47 pm

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

hold on, put your bra back on, i have seen no posts that are saying sack rafa, what i have seen are posts that say he is to blame for the state of the team right now. the owners gave him free run with the 56mil, he picked the plyers today, he told them how to play.

it is down to a manager how a team plays.

Lakes, how long have you been watching football for? There's more variables than just the manager.

well i am 37 today so take 2 years off that.

a manager makes a team, he builds the team, he tells them how to play....when they get it wrong the get the blame thats why they get the sack if they keep getting bad results.

So it has f*ck all to do with the other team's performance, luck, desire from players, etc etc? Tell me, this team we'd on was more or less the same team we done United with at OT last season. So, since when does a world beating side with world beating players all of a sudden become so poor that it's the managers fault that he picked such a side?

OK so why bother getting big name managers then when they clearly have so little influence on the team performance?  :D

Because sometimes even the underdog or the little people can have their day in football? Some of you would swap Harry Redknapp based off a lucky win last season and this one over a manager that really does have his work cut out for him managing one of the biggest, and most skint clubs on the planet, yet still manages to bring us in line with the likes of your Barca's, Madrids and United's of the world who are loaded.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Effes wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Well it is like another world over here.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:48 pm

it's alright... everton is still below us... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:49 pm

only me wrote:If Rafa thinks that we can replicate last season performance with more or less the exact players his tripping - last season was pure heroism from the lads but it's no substance for lack of a deep talented squad ,Johnson was the only positive addition this pre-season and thats not enough ,Lucas and Babel have no place in Liverpool and no way in starting eleven if Rafa can't see it he will feel it ,Today was the first dose.

If Rafa think he can place the whole season on Torres and SG back's he is facing bitter disappointment ,they need help meaning another quality striker and another creative Mid.

Yes he is a genious tactician but there is a limit to how long you can cover your weaknesses.

Good point....noone seems to remember we were very lucky in quite a few games last season (with all the sending offs....against alonso). So many last minute goals....

If Benitez thinks we can replicate that this season....then i think he had really lost it.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games