TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

hold on, put your bra back on, i have seen no posts that are saying sack rafa, what i have seen are posts that say he is to blame for the state of the team right now. the owners gave him free run with the 56mil, he picked the plyers today, he told them how to play.

it is down to a manager how a team plays.

Lakes, how long have you been watching football for? There's more variables than just the manager.

well i am 37 today so take 2 years off that.

a manager makes a team, he builds the team, he tells them how to play....when they get it wrong the get the blame thats why they get the sack if they keep getting bad results.

So it has f*ck all to do with the other team's performance, luck, desire from players, etc etc? Tell me, this team we'd on was more or less the same team we done United with at OT last season. So, since when does a world beating side with world beating players all of a sudden become so poor that it's the managers fault that he picked such a side?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 pm

If Rafa thinks that we can replicate last season performance with more or less the exact players his tripping - last season was pure heroism from the lads but it's no substance for lack of a deep talented squad ,Johnson was the only positive addition this pre-season and thats not enough ,Lucas and Babel have no place in Liverpool and no way in starting eleven if Rafa can't see it he will feel it ,Today was the first dose.

If Rafa think he can place the whole season on Torres and SG back's he is facing bitter disappointment ,they need help meaning another quality striker and another creative Mid.

Yes he is a genious tactician but there is a limit to how long you can cover your weaknesses.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Hang on a minute here Rafa spoke before the game and said we have no money, and when you have no money you cannot buy new players, so he must have sloted that 56 million into his back pocket  ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:its over.

wonder when the "its not Rafas fault" post start oh and "its down to the owners" posts

It is actually down to our owners that we havent brought in better quality players what are you a feckin ostrich?

Rafa has had over 56MIL TO SPEND, it down to him that 20mil has gone on a player that is not fit.

its also down to Rafa that our best player last year has left.....so yes its down to the Manager.

I am not saying sack him or anything like that but the blame is his.

How do you know he had 56 million to spend?

we have 18 mil to spend right now.

we have done around 38mil of it so far.

Says who?

In any case he had £36 million to spend with no one in his way.  Actually I'm not blaming Rafa for this match, but I do blame who ever it is who arranges our preseason because playing, and loosing to :censored: opposition, is no way to get ready for a tough season.
heimdall

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Tottenham Dave wrote:Cheer up Reds.

37 games to go, you weren't great today, but Spurs were on the button.

We haven't lost in the league at home for 10 months, and it's not like you lost to Histon United.

Keep the faith, I think you'll be there or thereabouts.

F*ck me, even a Spurs fan has more faith than some of ye faithful.  :no

Edit - so called faithful.

One thing I would be concerned about were I a Liv fan, is the lack of options on the bench.

Not 100% sure about your squad depth.

I like Benayoun, think he's got some quality, but quite honestly, I thought our bench was much stronger, and we're only going for 6th!

A fair point, sadly.  Obviously everyone would have Torres ahead of any striker in the league but you've got admire the striking unit Tottenham have assembled.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

wonder when the "its not Rafas fault" post start oh and "its down to the owners" posts

It is actually down to our owners that we havent brought in better quality players what are you a feckin ostrich?

Rafa has had over 56MIL TO SPEND, it down to him that 20mil has gone on a player that is not fit.

its also down to Rafa that our best player last year has left.....so yes its down to the Manager.

How did he have 56Mil to spend?

And Aquilani was 20Mil Euros, of which we have only paid like 5 or so as the rest are in installments and add ons. And Johnson was only around 10Mil as they already owed us 7Mil for Crouch. That doesn't add up to 56Mil mate. The fecking owners have not even given Rafa all of what he brought in for Xabi to spend let alone his annual budget.

with the add ones the 20Mil Euros turned into £20 mil .

Rafa was given an amount to spend that was around the 56mil.

its around 18mil leftmight be a bit more but rafa is looking to buy two players and thats why he says he has no money.

theres some stuff on RAWK about it all, its a long read.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:37 pm

s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

How did he have 56Mil to spend?

And Aquilani was 20Mil Euros, of which we have only paid like 5 or so as the rest are in installments and add ons. And Johnson was only around 10Mil as they already owed us 7Mil for Crouch. That doesn't add up to 56Mil mate. The fecking owners have not even given Rafa all of what he brought in for Xabi to spend let alone his annual budget.

If you buy a car for £20k and only put £5k down as a deposit the car still cost £20k Bav.

still costs 20k , but then your paying it over time... with interest, so it may end up costing 35k  :Oo:  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:38 pm

anyway off to spend the rest of my birthday with the wife.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sixbuster » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

We haven't lost in the league at home for 10 months, and it's not like you lost to Histon United.

One thing I would be concerned about were I a Liv fan, is the lack of options on the bench.

I like Benayoun, think he's got some quality, but quite honestly, I thought our bench was much stronger, and we're only going for 6th!

no comparison, Tottenham bench far superior and just shows how weak we are outside the top 13/14 players. Injuries will crucify us :help
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm

It's very simple what's not right today... our midfield... Lucas didn't do many mistakes... but he's just not good enough as simple as that... He's a toothless player and cannot dominate the midfield... what needs to be done is simple...if everyone's fit, we need to play like this:

Reina

Johnson    Carragher      Agger       Insua

Kuyt                        Mascherano   Riera
                 Gerrard

Benayoun       Torres

Now that Xabi's gone, Gerrard is needed to dominate the midfield until Aquilani can play. Benayoun can fill in Gerrard's role of supporting Torres. He did this very well last season when Gerrard was injured and again today showed that he can play this role. The reason why Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres and Babel looked ineffective today was because we could not control the midfield it's as simple as that...on a second note players like Lucas, Babel and Voronin are simply just not good enough for us... what's encouraging though is Glen Johnson...I thought he did very well today and seems to me like a very balanced player defensively and offensively...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm

has anybody looked at the league table yeat and seen the won 0 drew 0 lost 1? :(

need a win against stoke please!

speaking of stoke...it doesn't happen to be on tele does it?
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:One thing I would be concerned about were I a Liv fan, is the lack of options on the bench.

Well played today mate you where better than us all over the park and deserved the win, some gobsh!tes here blame Rafa.

You have a rich owner though, we have a pair of robbing b@stards that have just stole our transfer kity and paid it to the RBS to the tune of 60 million.

How can Spurs have Pavlechenco, Crouch, Defo, and Keane. 4 strikers.

And Liverpool have Ngog, Voronin, and Torres?

Rafa out !!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Effes wrote:I defo blame Rafa for playing Babel ahead of Benayoun.

Most people on here were saying such before kick off.

Maybe Yossi played 90 mins for Israel midweek and was hlaf way around the world No?

Israel's not THAT far away Ciggy and last time I was in Business class it wasn't too arduous. Babel needs to be sold, he's had enough chances now, sell him to some :censored: dutch team for £2 million and lets start playing some youngsters who have passion and skill instead, or better yet play a player like Benni who actually is a good footballer.
heimdall

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

How do you know he had 56 million to spend?

we have 18 mil to spend right now.

we have done around 38mil of it so far.

The bank manager has spoken everyone listen RAFA OUT !!!!

:laugh:  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

To be honest, barring Alonso's exit, the depth of the team is more or less as it was last season, and don't mention Hyypia either, because he was more or less a bit-part squad filler rather than a squad player. What worries me is that we don't have the coin to add at least two quality players that I feel we need to be good enough to win the Prem. We could still manage to cope, but luck is required. And from what I seen of United, they too are lacking as their squad is hardly any better than ours is. Of course the media will think differently on that, but they do have some real sh*te in their ranks.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games