TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

:laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 pm

I really don't blame Rafa to play Babel in the first place honestly, he didn't know he was going to play that BADLEY. Babel was doing great in pre-season and played really well in the international match against England, so I think its sensible to say that he deserved his chance today.

and what a way to take your chance :Oo:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:its over.

wonder when the "its not Rafas fault" post start oh and "its down to the owners" posts

It is actually down to our owners that we havent brought in better quality players what are you a feckin ostrich?

Rafa has had over 56MIL TO SPEND, it down to him that 20mil has gone on a player that is not fit.

its also down to Rafa that our best player last year has left.....so yes its down to the Manager.

I am not saying sack him or anything like that but the blame is his.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

Ive avoided posting in this thread post-match but your post intirgued me - you were saying Rafa had to go after the Wigan away
game last season.

How is this different?
Last edited by Effes on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:25 pm

s@int wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Who ever blames Rafa for that loss is 1 not a Liverpool fan and for 2. should feck off and support someone else.

So it wasn't his fault for picking Babel Ciggy ?

I am not saying we would have won if Benny had played from the start, but at least we would have started with 11 players.

to be fair, Babel had some decent performances in pre-season. I will admit it was a bit curious, but I am not at all the training sessions. Maybe Yossi was feeling some affects from the international midweek, who knows?

That non-penalty is really :censored: me off now. I know we wouldn't have "deserved" the point anyway, but would have liked it.
JoeTerp

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm

s@int wrote:We were lucky not to lose by more, Spurs could have had 4 today.
We didn't look match sharp, probably due to our injuries preseason.

But something needs to be done about our early season form.
Last season we played cr@p and more or less got away with it.
This season it may cost us .

Saint - totally agree but at the beginning of last season Benny was playing like a dog and was in a similar mould to Lucas who has never been anything other than horrendous. The hype surrounding Lucas because of a reasonable pre season was crazy. Lucas looked better today but created very little. Babel was utterly useless. Vironin is awful. We looked inept until Benny came on and in exactly the same way as the second half of last season he played really well and was the only player out of midfield to look dangerous and create anything. He was on for less than 30 minutes and was my MOTM. Babel looked awful way before half time. Why does it take Rafa so long to change it?

Blame the owners if you really want to but they didn't pick the team that started or wait until it was too late to make the changes. Rafa is one stubborn b.gger when it comes to changing things before 70 minutes and he got this very wrong!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:My last post here before I log off any of you that blame Rafa for todays loss are an embarressment to Liverpool football club.

:laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm

s@int wrote:FFS its our first fkn game of the season and we are supposed to forget about the league and concentrate on the cups! Get a grip Bav :D

We were :censored: though, that in undeniable, and we have been :censored: all through preseason, that is the thing that is worrying me. If the lads can't get fired up after seeing all our rivals win then when will they ever get soem passion?

The problem we have is Torres and that we rely completely on him, today he may as well not have been playing he had a terrible game and when he does we have no one to replace him with and if Rafa genuinly believes that any of our current options can fill in then he deserves the sack. We have only one striker, well actually we have 2 potentials in Pachecho and Nemeth but Rafa will never play them so they don't count. Just look at Spur's team and bench, Harry had so many options and so many ways to change a game, whereas our bench with the exception of Benni who should have started is and was cr@p.

I hope we can click into gear by next game,although I kind of doubt it, becuase at the moment we look like a pale shadow of the side we had at the end of last season. How can we become so sh1t within 2 months when only one player has left??
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

wonder when the "its not Rafas fault" post start oh and "its down to the owners" posts

It is actually down to our owners that we havent brought in better quality players what are you a feckin ostrich?

Rafa has had over 56MIL TO SPEND, it down to him that 20mil has gone on a player that is not fit.

its also down to Rafa that our best player last year has left.....so yes its down to the Manager.

How do you know he had 56 million to spend?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Ciggy wrote:My last post here before I log off any of you that blame Rafa for todays loss are an embarressment to Liverpool football club.

Agreed,the players were sh,ite!
In games like that Torres needs to get more involved with the play in MF rather than sulking about in the box hoping a ball falls on his foot,I love the player but he was lazy today!

Terrible performance all round,the players should be ashamed and Rafa needs to give them a right bollocking as well!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Im intrigued.

hold on, put your bra back on, i have seen no posts that are saying sack rafa, what i have seen are posts that say he is to blame for the state of the team right now. the owners gave him free run with the 56mil, he picked the plyers today, he told them how to play.

it is down to a manager how a team plays.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Tough opening game and we just couldnt stand up to it. Spurs will beat plenty more down there so its not a disaster but we just didnt play well and its dissapointing. Hyppia is a big loss and we have an ageing centre back and two younger lads are injury prone so thats needs to be sorted. Desperate for a centre forward too as when Torres gets an injury (and he will) we are stuffed. Rafa just needs to be more flexible with the system when its not working and stick two up front or just have a go but hes so set in his ways its hard to see that changing now. One game but we need to be better all round than that to be contenders so hopefully we can put that behind us in the coming weeks.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Tottenham Dave wrote:Cheer up Reds.

37 games to go, you weren't great today, but Spurs were on the button.

We haven't lost in the league at home for 10 months, and it's not like you lost to Histon United.

Keep the faith, I think you'll be there or thereabouts.

F*ck me, even a Spurs fan has more faith than some of ye faithful.  :no

Edit - so called faithful.

Yeah, I think he might be taking the p1ss Emerald.
heimdall

Postby Fauxy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Lets not get too depressed on here  :D

Its only the first game and the start of the season for everyone.
Fauxy

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

How do you know he had 56 million to spend?

we have 18 mil to spend right now.

we have done around 38mil of it so far.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games