TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thinkpad » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm

JoeTerp wrote:we lost to Spurs away last season, nobody seems to think that is what cost us the league. Its all about fixing the home draws.

Ahh... the home draws
Judging by today's performance do you think there is a possibility?
You see, every game is important. There is no such thing as a lesser game (especially after a lost). Treat every game as a must win, then we can be sure we are in control of our destiny not waiting for others to Fcked up.
Thinkpad

Postby Zidane » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm

The start of our problem today was Babel and Lucas, he had a good first half but he just doesn't have the vision or creativity to do anything in the spurts of time that you are given in the premiership.  He doesn't think fast enough and Babel just doesn't think.  We sorely missed Riera and Alonso it would have been a much better looking team had Yossi started on the left and Gerrard in midfield with I suppose Babel as the forward/striker.

I still think Babel would fail miserably in that position as well but we NEED Gerrard in midfield until Aquilani is fit.
Zidane

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Ciggy wrote:Who ever blames Rafa for that loss is 1 not a Liverpool fan and for 2. should feck off and support someone else.

yes level headed as always Ciggy although I do agree with you that it would be crazy to blame Rafa for the loss. We lost becuase the team played :censored: and in particular Nando, he does not look himself lately, maybe he misses Xabi.

I really think we need to start taking pre-season seriosuly from next year and actually play and try to beat quality opposition. This is exactly what I was talking about after the cr@p display against Lyn in Norway. Liverpool should have beaten them 10-0 as they are fecking useless yet we scraped a 2-0 down to rubbish play and lack of any hungrer or passion.

I don't think the seaosn is over but it's got off to a very scary start with allthe other teams, bar Manure, getting off to fantastic start and us lucky not to have been humiliated.
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm

All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sleeperspare » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm

how many chances does babel need to show his worth? ???? he just not good enough !!!!! sell him off!!!
sleeperspare

Postby Dundalk » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

Neil Warnock  :nod
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Absolutely depressingly cack....a continuation of the cack preseason substandard football we've been playing...awful, truly awful...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Tottenham Dave » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Cheer up Reds.

37 games to go, you weren't great today, but Spurs were on the button.

We haven't lost in the league at home for 10 months, and it's not like you lost to Histon United.

Keep the faith, I think you'll be there or thereabouts.
Tottenham Dave

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

kopite_1232002 wrote:ILL SUM THE GAME UP

YOU CANT PLAY LUCAS AND MASHA IN THE MIDDLE AND EXPECT TO PLAY ATTRACTIVE ATTACKIN FOOTBALL.

SIMPLES

ASOON AS GERRARD DROPPED BACK AND STARTED SPREADIN THE PLAY ALONSO STYLE PASSES WE LOOKED A DIFFRENT TEAM...

YOSSI FOR MAN OF THE MATCH... THATS BAD.

LOOK AT THE BENCH DONT KID YOUR SELF WE AINT GONNA WIN SWEET F.A. STARTING 11 OK AFTER THAT WERE KAK

18.08 P.M EXPECT RAFA RANTING ABOUT TRANCFERS

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS ITS HOW I FEEL !!

Big mick is nostradamus.... He mentioned that we could be fecked if we don't get a quality 4th CB.... and in our 1st game carra and skertel injure themselves...  :p

Then he also said something about lucas not doing well in the 1st game and gerrard coming back to CM... well i hope he is right. Lucas and Mascherano CM combo has got to be the most uncreative combination in the history of this league.

Gosh.....we are supposed to challenge for the league and we have central midfielders who can't pass more than 5 yeards...and a left winger who can't cross with his left leg....

As for benayoun...he has to play support striker for now on.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:Cheer up Reds.

We haven't lost in the league at home for 10 months, and it's not like you lost to Histon United.

:D
Zidane

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Bretc wrote:Why didn't Rafa play Benayoun in the first place? Babel was a complete waste of space on the left! The next Henry my foot! We looked 10 times more dangerous when Benni came in. Babel contributed NOTHING!!! Our defence was in shambles and both Carra and Skrtel were having a field day giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. Both goals from Spurs were a result of 2 of these free kicks. We gotto improve in our next game or I wun be surprised if we lose to Stoke.

:angry:

Benitez does this a lot of times...He starts with the wrong team numerous times. He then makes the changes and sometimes we get away with it...and sometimes we don't.

Why can't he just start with the best team ?  Its like he never learns from his mistakes.

Lucas to step up ? give me a break.

Get on the blower! I'm sure Rafa will take some notes, Obi Wan.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Ciggy wrote:All you anti Rafa's who do you want for manager then? Enlighten us all please.

Im intrigued.

Neil Warnock  :nod

Big Sam yeah  :buttrock
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 pm

My last post here before I log off any of you that blame Rafa for todays loss are an embarressment to Liverpool football club.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:Cheer up Reds.

F*ck me, even a Spurs fan has more faith than some of ye faithful.  :no

Edit - so called faithful.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Harry rednapp outwits benitez again....... Harry rednapp FFS...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games