STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Carling cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:What happened to the team that played so well from January to May?
Whats different?
Whats gone wrong?

Kenny's got his contract? maybe it's now feet are under table so the pressures off a bit?

dunno, only guessing
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 pm

metalhead wrote:FFS whats going on? I can't watch the game and the internet is too slow for stream :angry:

wtf did Coates do? :(

He thought the ball was going out on a header, it was out wide on the left he was covering for Agger, kinda nonchalantly waited for it to go out and when it didn't and some mongrel from Stoke kept it in and ran in on goal with Carra and someone else at the back, they both could have done better defending it cause the only real option for the guy was to cross toward Jones and they didn't cover Jones so he had a clear header pretty much.  Not excusing Coates cause obviously he was at fault for everything that happened after his mistake just sayin.
Zidane

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:What happened to the team that played so well from January to May?
Whats different?
Whats gone wrong?

Kenny's got his contract? maybe it's now feet are under table so the pressures off a bit?

dunno, only guessing

The difference is pressure, expectation, targets.

When Kenny took over it was purely recovery of the Hodgson era. Now we have real footballing targets and the pressure is showing.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:FFS whats going on? I can't watch the game and the internet is too slow for stream :angry:

wtf did Coates do? :(

He thought the ball was going out on a header, it was out wide on the left he was covering for Agger, kinda nonchalantly waited for it to go out and when it didn't and some mongrel from Stoke kept it in and ran in on goal with Carra and someone else at the back, they both could have done better defending it cause the only real option for the guy was to cross toward Jones and they didn't cover Jones so he had a clear header pretty much.  Not excusing Coates cause obviously he was at fault for everything that happened after his mistake just sayin.

Yeh just saw the highlight of Stoke's goal, what was young Coates thinking? :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:46 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:i don't know if it's the fckin stream or not but we look shiite ,can't keep possesion more then 2 passes ,just terrible.

Oh and we are appearntly one down now. Just Great!!

Not true.

We have had the lions share of possession. If anything the score line reflects, yet again, no finish or final ball.

Stoke had one real chance and scored clinically.

So it's the stream  :)

Or the deluded viewer who sees a different game than everyone else every week.

You do the math

You are a joke man. I just read at least half a dozen other posters saying we are shiite and you still ride your 3 legged high horse?

We are down 1 at Stoke. You do the Math!!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Eh, just a normal mistake that are growing pains I guess.  He's been solid at the back otherwise and has made some good passes.. he's definitely one for the long term though I think he can develop into a very good CB alongside a more skilled CB.  If we don't score early in the 2nd half we are going to be in for a horrible half of football.  Stoke with a lead do my head in especially in a damn cup competition let alone the league.  Ugh, Stoke are a disgrace it has to be said.
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 pm

AND CAN WE EVER FINISH OUR CHANCES? I JUST SAW THE STATS! WTF!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 pm

COME ON ANDY!!
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Zidane wrote:Eh, just a normal mistake that are growing pains I guess.  He's been solid at the back otherwise and has made some good passes.. he's definitely one for the long term though I think he can develop into a very good CB alongside a more skilled CB.  If we don't score early in the 2nd half we are going to be in for a horrible half of football.  Stoke with a lead do my head in especially in a damn cup competition let alone the league.  Ugh, Stoke are a disgrace it has to be said.

It was a typical school boy error mate, I'm sure he will learn from it, next time he should just clear it.

I'm not worried about him though, I'm very worried that we can't convert our chances into goals!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm

I think we've done reasonably well in that first half and while the result doesnt reflect that, I think theres plenty of positives to take from that performance.

- Spearing is yet again proving that he is a very solid option in the midde of the park and his partnership with Lucas is something we'll hopefully see more of in the league. Defensively and going forward, the 2 men in the middle were firmly in control and I'd be very disappointed (not surprised) if Kenny decides to take one of the two off.

- Carroll is playing with great energy and despite missing a couple of easy chances he seems to be in the mood tonight. I expect him to score if we continue to get the chances because unlike Suarez, he seems to hit the target more often than not.

- Our 4-4-2 setup is looking very good with the players we have out there. The fullbacks are both pushing up to add to the numbers, and Lucas/Spearing are doing an excellent job pressuring the opposition from higher up the pitch while recovering quickly to break down counter attacks.

Now for the negatives...

-Coates. His first game was a nightmare. Again, he made a horrendous error that cost us a goal. It could be down to nerves, a lack of experience, or just him being a poor defender. Regardless, he shouldn't have started and I hope his mistake doesnt cost us progress in the competition.

- Suarez. Missed 2 easy chances. Wasted possession at least a dozen times. Failed to play the pass when others were in a dangerous position. Id excuse him all that if he was scoring goals but atm he isn't, so I wont. 

- Maxi and Henderson. They havent been terrible, but we need to get more from our wide players. Henderson has played it safe (Kelly looks more dangerous) while Maxi is being too intricate. Would have been a perfect game for Bellamy and Downing.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Zidane wrote:Eh, just a normal mistake that are growing pains I guess.  He's been solid at the back otherwise and has made some good passes.. he's definitely one for the long term though I think he can develop into a very good CB alongside a more skilled CB.  If we don't score early in the 2nd half we are going to be in for a horrible half of football.  Stoke with a lead do my head in especially in a damn cup competition let alone the league.  Ugh, Stoke are a disgrace it has to be said.

They're in an area of the country that is famous for making clay pots. Sums it up really
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:i notice they have shortened the pitch for us

oh and narrowed it as well
NorfolkRed

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:
NorfolkRed wrote:i notice they have shortened the pitch for us

oh and narrowed it as well

Next season they'll have us playing on an airport runway
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 pm

only me wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:i don't know if it's the fckin stream or not but we look shiite ,can't keep possesion more then 2 passes ,just terrible.

Oh and we are appearntly one down now. Just Great!!

Not true.

We have had the lions share of possession. If anything the score line reflects, yet again, no finish or final ball.

Stoke had one real chance and scored clinically.

So it's the stream  :)

Or the deluded viewer who sees a different game than everyone else every week.

You do the math

You are a joke man. I just read at least half a dozen other posters saying we are shiite and you still ride your 3 legged high horse?

We are down 1 at Stoke. You do the Math!!

Apart from the Coates mistake the only time we look sh!te is our chances in front of goal.

we've had  easily 60% possession you div
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Just hope the subs come early this time around. Oh, and no defenders for forward when we're chasing it this time around please.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games