Man city - Dooohhh

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:33 am

First half was a pathetic showing once again.
Why did Houllier drop Pongolle and bring the lemon back in?
Man city should have had the game won after the 1st half but GH got out of jail.
If the idiot mucks with the team at Yeovil we could be turned over.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby sangy » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:56 am

Yhe been hearing Yeovil been syaing since the word go that they can beta us and we'l put loads of pressure on Houllier!
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:09 am

I did not see the game, as it was not telecast live to Malaysia, the televised live game by the satelite tv company was the Chelsea-Portsmouth followed by the Man U-Boro game but I kept following the live results on the net. I was very disappointed to note that Liverpool conceded a last-minute goal and the end result was 2-2.
I only read the papers that we were completely outplayed in the first half but Man City only managed one goal at half-time and should have scored more. As usual, Houllier said lots like he was glad it ended in a draw but having not seen the game, I can't do more than lament the result.
However, I am not surprised by reading that Supersub saying we were pathetic in the first half as Liverpool has been playing listlessly since last season and we seem to lose easily in matches that were lost but laboured so hard to get the wins, even when the scoreline was very flattering. This pattern has been going on for the longest time over the past two seasons. My conclusion is that it is the tactics being deployed and that some of the players keep being played out of position. What's worse is that Houllier anf perhaps Thompson has drummed rigid disipline and formation into the pleyers that they seem to fear trying alternative ideas when the main plan fails to bring results. Consequently, Liverpool has become very predictable, rigid, with no fresh ideas and the players lose confidence when things get tough. After that, all heart and passion go missing and we keep producing woeful defending, no marking, wayward passing and atrocious finishing when the very few chances materialise. It has been happening once too many times and we seem to be stuck in this rut. i have been rambling on far too long...perhaps we will improve with a new man at the helm...I can dream, can't I?
Anything to add, Supersub?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:45 pm

I believe we have a good squad of players,with the addition of a centre-half and another "class" forward,we should mount a serious challenge.But we need a manager who will get the best out of these players and Houllier is not that man.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:58 am

I would say an adequate squad with a few good or outstanding ones more like it. Man U has been overly reliant on van Nistelroy to score but he has team-mates who consistently plays well that they don't concede goals easily and works hard to keep possession and make good breakthrough passes. Liverpool is overly reliant on Owen to score but you can't say the same of the other players - defence is pathetic, build-up play is way too predictable and the final ball delivery is often either very poor or too optimistic, because the "attacking" players like Smicer, Diouf, Murphy and the lot are hopeless making progressive forward passing moves and all too often Stevie G has to make long range passes from way too deep for the likes of Owen to chase. Without Owen, we have Heskey who is next to hopeless at doing anything positive in an attacking sense. Sinama Pongolle needs more experience while Baros is out.
I generelly agree with you, Supersub, but I am still not convinced the other regular players will be good enough (unless good enough is merely a Champions' League qualification spot) even after a managerial change.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games