LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Tophatman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:30 pm

I am not going to get too involved here,so hello and goodnight TPO here :angry:
Tophatman

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Dazzer wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

Which Forums Lakes , because i for one would like to know,

Ill tell you what if you an that Dazzer went an stood on the kop an come out with all the sh.ite you do about the boss on here , five minutes id give yehs

Why what they do to me nanny beat me up ?  :laugh:

Try it mate an youll see , You are a fecking whopper , Fact, You come on here for a wind up , Alls you spout is sh.it,

As ER said there w,ankers on here just ready enjoy other peoples misery. an ill tell you what you are the fecking ring leader, Youd be better off on Kanwars forum same type of wan.kers on there, youll be at home
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Greavesie wrote:John I appreciate that but surely it was the individual error of the Greek that cost the game, the 11 men on the pitch should have saw the game out, for me it didnt matter whether or nots Torres was on the pitch. They needed a draw to qualify and were 1:0 down with 5 minnutes to go. Taking Torres hardly gave them 'permission' to attack us

you gotta apply the "but for" test mate  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby big al » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm

madmax I agree about Vorronin.  Rafa is an intelligent man it has put faith in this guy who has let him down.  His fancy back flicks cost us dearly at Anfield.  The miss tonight aside he was falling over himself, being far too negative for a forward and not even making an effort to track back.  personally I would rather see a younster like Pacheco given a chance in that role.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm

On the bright side, hell of a strike from Babel tonight. :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm

john craig wrote:
Greavesie wrote:John I appreciate that but surely it was the individual error of the Greek that cost the game, the 11 men on the pitch should have saw the game out, for me it didnt matter whether or nots Torres was on the pitch. They needed a draw to qualify and were 1:0 down with 5 minnutes to go. Taking Torres hardly gave them 'permission' to attack us

The Greek didn't cost us the game mate, nor did bringing Torres off.  Nor did Voronin missing a sitter.

They all contributed to it though.  All I'm saying is that the Torres substitution was something that inflenced the game, and the influence was mainly psychological in that the rest of our players see their best player being brought off and their players also see our best player coming off.  Anyone who has played the game knows the psychological effects these things have on players at crucial times in crucial games.  Fine details.

we're getting into some philosophy now mate :D 

I've had wee bit to drink so I'm just gonna say I do agree with you FWIW  :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:33 pm

We had half a team, went to he top team in France, outplayed them and were done by a late goal.

In the end we were unlucky lads

We are out of the CL and fu*ked in the Prem and its only November.

Lets hope we get a favourable draw in the FA Cup  :(
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:33 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

Ill tell you what if you an that Dazzer went an stood on the kop an come out with all the sh.ite you do about the boss on here , five minutes id give yehs

Try it mate an youll see , You are a fecking whopper , Fact, You come on here for a wind up , Alls you spout is sh.it,

As ER said there w,ankers on here just ready enjoy other peoples misery. an ill tell you what you are the fecking ring leader, Youd be better off on Kanwars forum same type of wan.kers on there, youll be at home

:nod

well said
Benny The Noon

Postby kunilson » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

we deserved to win that game, had enough chances to do so before babel's brilliant strike.

kick in the teeth late on yet again. must try to move on but cant help but be bitterly disappointed right now. we'll be back....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
I'm well aware of who the usual clueless w"nkers are.

This wasn't aimed at me and any one else who wants to talk about the mistakes made ?

Right ok and lad stop sh.it stiring you starting to become quite good at it.Rafa as always set the game up perfect I felt but made a key mistake during the game.Sums him up for me.

What mistakes?

There was one mistake made, and it didn't come from Benitez. It came from Kyrcackos at the back.

And I did think about the possiblity of if's and buts. If Torres remained, would they have pushed on for the goal? People love to take things out of context. Who was it that scored our goal again? Was it Torres? Rafa never changed the system. He subbed like-for-like. We still had two strikers on the pitch - and very quick ones - capable of scoring. So why was the Torres sub to blame for the goal? Someone, please, give us all a credible view. One that actually sticks.

but remember ER it was Rafa who signed him etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, that old chestnut.

Every player makes mistakes. If defenders didn't make mistakes, there would be very little goals scored in games. Just that today of all days, he decides to play like a goat and gives them a goal.

That performance is confirmation enough for me that our team is not as weak and sh*t as what people make it out to be. We were solid and deserved a win. Injuries, flu, beahcballs.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

bigmick wrote:I disagree with everyone just about. I thought the Torres substitution was irrelevent, they would have pushed on anyway, why wouldn't they?  That said, I don't think those who are saying it played a part are simply doing so in order to have a go at the manager. You know why I think they are saying taking Torres off had an impact? I think they're saying it because they believe it to be the case.

Not everyone has an agenda all the time, sometimes people just post up what they think.

Because if it had stayed at 1-0 Lyon were virtually assured of going through, if we had got a second there was a good chance they could go out, as we would have had the advantage in the head to heads, meaning they would have had to have got something out of the Fiorentina game.
account deleted by request

Postby roberto green » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

I think some people need a reality check on here and realize what Rafa has had to cope with.I admit I have give some :censored: about some of his strange decisions but you only have to look at what he has to deal with and had to buy as a defender(the Greek fella 1m)because he couldn't afford silvan Distan 3m defender now at Everton ffs, and he had to wheel and deal for Aqualani in some kind of down payment like people buying a flat screen from Brighthouse or something.

Do people really think it will change our fortunes to get rid of Rafa?

there is only 2 people who can take the blame and that's the owners.

We have been unlucky with injuries etc but do people think that if Rafa had the money he wanted we would have that :censored: on the bench
roberto green

Postby JC_81 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

Greavesie wrote:
john craig wrote:

The Greek didn't cost us the game mate, nor did bringing Torres off.  Nor did Voronin missing a sitter.

They all contributed to it though.  All I'm saying is that the Torres substitution was something that inflenced the game, and the influence was mainly psychological in that the rest of our players see their best player being brought off and their players also see our best player coming off.  Anyone who has played the game knows the psychological effects these things have on players at crucial times in crucial games.  Fine details.

:laugh:

Fair enough.

You've had a drink... and I need a drink... I'm out of here.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Masch79 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:36 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Dazzer try readin the banner on Nanny's pic.......     :sleep
Masch79

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:37 pm

john craig wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
john craig wrote:

:laugh:

Fair enough.

You've had a drink... and I need a drink... I'm out of here.

have fun mate  :)

Im having more, its well and truely needed  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games