LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby DAV » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 pm

not a bad performance tonight by the team.
this does not apply to voronin and the greek
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 pm

It was strange for the goal that the Greek fella didn't just head it. For all his deficiencies, he's good in the air and as brave as they come so he just needed to step in and put his head through it. Having had a good game I though Insuas challenge just before it was a bit tired too.

To be totally fair though, with a bit of luck it could have been all over by then. I thought the keeper was a bit lucky with Lucas chance, it seemed to hit his hand as much as anything else, and either Torres or Voronin should have scored first half.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Im not patronising anyone. Im sad for you if you feel that way.  scottbott nice to hear your opinion mate as always.  I think that Lyon were frightened of Torres lets face the best central back partnership in the best league in the world sh*t a brick two weeks ago to a half fit Nando.  My point is not that the greek guy didnt F8CK up. he did.  My points is that Lyon had played 2 men against Torres for 86 Minutes, they got a chance to push one forward when Torres went off.  Rafa did'ny need to take him off in which case this would al be irrelevent.  However Rafa did take him off.  He took of the Best striker in the world.  As foe those who obviously don't know the clubs history.  Shankly said that the defense starts with the strikers they all have a defensive role.  Sorry I'm offending people with my analysis but thats how I see it
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 pm

john craig wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
metalhead wrote:Fernando Torres is a world class center back!!! FFS Rafa why did you take him off  :angry:

No, no, mate--don't you see?  We had them absolutely pinned back for every single second of the 87 minutes Torres was on the pitch.  They never even had a sniff (disregard that save Reina had to make with his face, or the header just outside his area or those freekicks...).  We pull Nando off and, wham, they're all over us like sailors in a brothel.  FECKIN' RAFA!  :angry:

Don't be naive for Christ sake.

Of course that substitution affected the game.  Torres' mere presence on the pitch occupies at least 2 defenders and crucially they fear him.  You bring him off and it automatically gives them a lift and the defenders the confidence to take risks.

It was a stupid decision against United which invited pressure but we got away with it.  It was a stupid decision against Fulham... clearly.  And guess what, it was a stupid decision again tonight.

Obviously we can blame Voronin's miss, the home game v Lyon or the performance at Fiorentina, but don't pretend the manager couldn't have made the closing minutes of the game a bit easier for us by leaving Torres on.  He managed 86 minutes... what's the likelihood that the final 4 minutes will make any difference to his physical condition for the next game.  Nonsense.

I'm sorry, but it was a stupid substitution that contributed to the outcome.

I think you are spot on John. It didn't cost us the goal as such , but as Rafa says little details cost games, and taking Torres off at that time enabled them to push forward with more freedom than they would have had if he had stayed on.

I thought we should have had the game sown up by that stage anyway, but Rafa should never have taken him off with 4 mins to go.
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

i understand why you are all saying about the sub and yes it was a strange one with only 3mins left and we are not playing till monday............but we still had 11 other players that should have the ball out and them the back 4 should have done better.

Its cos lakes it was his fault but managers make mistakes just that he made this one 3 times now in space of 4 games which is problem.6 mins to play wouldn't have hurt Torres and what is worse Torres is getting fecked off with Rafa 3 times he been subed 3 times he shaking his head wondering wtf his manager is doing.I worry about that even more.

The guy is playing with an injury - what part of that dont you understand - are you really that clueless - all your doing is winding people up here so i suggest disappearing for a while becuase you going to get long standing decent posters cards when they start insulting you .

Anyone who is using the Torres sub as a reason and an excuse is just playing the w"nkers trick to get one stuck into the manager. That's all there is to it, instead of praising the team and just simply being gutted like any self-respecting Liverpool supporter and feeling desperatly unlucky for the team, who deserved to win the match by a comfortable margain.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Todays result was the best we could have done - it is so sad that we were left with such a limited talent less team but it was bound to show at some time....Rafa's tight ship had too many holes and a glourious sinking it was..he gambled our season away and that's a major critical error he should be held responsible for but at the end of the season.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:19 pm

syma76 wrote:i have a feeling we will win the league :)

That's the spirit my friend.....

sorry i can't share your optimism

:D
roberto green

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:19 pm

lakes10 wrote:yer i think i am going to leave the forum for tonight............see some bans coming.

cool off a bit you lot, at the end of the day we all love the club and we are all mad about the result tonight and we are all gutted about, lets not take it out on other members.

(this is where i get told to f*ck off :D )

Me to lakes might go lose my self in Dragon Age for a few hours and cool off bit upset i am like the rest of us.Nothing good is going to come from talkign about stuff atm when every one is so angry.  :down:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:19 pm

lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

Which Forums Lakes , because i for one would like to know,

Ill tell you what if you an that Dazzer went an stood on the kop an come out with all the sh.ite you do about the boss on here , five minutes id give yehs
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
john craig wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
metalhead wrote:Fernando Torres is a world class center back!!! FFS Rafa why did you take him off  :angry:

No, no, mate--don't you see?  We had them absolutely pinned back for every single second of the 87 minutes Torres was on the pitch.  They never even had a sniff (disregard that save Reina had to make with his face, or the header just outside his area or those freekicks...).  We pull Nando off and, wham, they're all over us like sailors in a brothel.  FECKIN' RAFA!  :angry:

Of course that substitution affected the game.  Torres' mere presence on the pitch occupies at least 2 defenders and crucially they fear him.  You bring him off and it automatically gives them a lift and the defenders the confidence to take risks.

It was a stupid decision against United which invited pressure but we got away with it.  It was a stupid decision against Fulham... clearly.  And guess what, it was a stupid decision again tonight.

Obviously we can blame Voronin's miss, the home game v Lyon or the performance at Fiorentina, but don't pretend the manager couldn't have made the closing minutes of the game a bit easier for us by leaving Torres on.  He managed 86 minutes... what's the likelihood that the final 4 minutes will make any difference to his physical condition for the next game.  Nonsense.

Wrong - Torres fitness is on a knife egde and he only stayed on long enough to get a goal - we got the goal and off he comes for another striker - Torres being on the pitch wouldnt of stopped that goal going in - Thier striker would of still scored after our defender messed up .

You just don't understand the game at all mate, like plenty of others spouting the usual predictable rubbish on here.  Par for the course in this place.

Every refereeing decision, every passage of play, every managerial decision, every pass, every shot etc etc  has an influence on what happens after it in a game... directly or (in the case of Torres coming off)... indirectly.

Plenty of things affected the outcome tonight.  That substitution was one of them.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 pm

s@int wrote:
john craig wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I think you are spot on John. It didn't cost us the goal as such , but as Rafa says little details cost games, and taking Torres off at that time enabled them to push forward with more freedom than they would have had if he had stayed on.

I thought we should have had the game sown up by that stage anyway, but Rafa should never have taken him off with 4 mins to go.

I said that saint and thus every one else is just quoting me.  :laugh: :angry:

Later all see you in few hours. :angry:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

Ill tell you what if you an that Dazzer went an stood on the kop an come out with all the sh.ite you do about the boss on here , five minutes id give yehs

Dazzer prb doesnt even know where the kop is .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 pm

John I appreciate that but surely it was the individual error of the Greek that cost the game, the 11 men on the pitch should have saw the game out, for me it didnt matter whether or nots Torres was on the pitch. They needed a draw to qualify and were 1:0 down with 5 minnutes to go. Taking Torres hardly gave them 'permission' to attack us
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:22 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

Why what they do to me nanny beat me up ?  :laugh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:22 pm

I disagree with everyone just about. I thought the Torres substitution was irrelevent, they would have pushed on anyway, why wouldn't they? That said, I don't think those who are saying it played a part are simply doing so in order to have a go at the manager. You know why I think they are saying taking Torres off had an impact? I think they're saying it because they believe it to be the case.

Not everyone has an agenda all the time, sometimes people just post up what they think.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games