LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:12 pm

I will say that although I thought bringing Torres off was irrelevent, I did think bringing N'Gog on was strange. We needed to hold out, they were always going to bomb on so bringing on a defender in hindsight might have made more sense. Ultimately though, it's something of a moot point when one of your centre halaves falls erse over tit and lets their bloke in for a one on one. He almost gifted the same fella a goal earlier by heading it straight to him as well, and I'm afraid so far I'm not massively impressed by him.

Carra was solid at right back, but my guess is that Darby is a better right back than the Greek bloke is a centre half. Next time (if there is one) it might be a plan to leave Carra where he normally plays and give the kid a run.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm

In Rafa I Trust!!!!

Name another manager who is going to come in at this point and change our season on it's head.....

Yes no one so be quiet....

ssshhh!!!
roberto green

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm

john craig wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
metalhead wrote:Fernando Torres is a world class center back!!! FFS Rafa why did you take him off  :angry:

No, no, mate--don't you see?  We had them absolutely pinned back for every single second of the 87 minutes Torres was on the pitch.  They never even had a sniff (disregard that save Reina had to make with his face, or the header just outside his area or those freekicks...).  We pull Nando off and, wham, they're all over us like sailors in a brothel.  FECKIN' RAFA!  :angry:

Don't be naive for Christ sake.

Of course that substitution affected the game.  Torres' mere presence on the pitch occupies at least 2 defenders and crucially they fear him.  You bring him off and it automatically gives them a lift and the defenders the confidence to take risks.

It was a stupid decision against United which invited pressure but we got away with it.  It was a stupid decision against Fulham... clearly.  And guess what, it was a stupid decision again tonight.

Obviously we can blame Voronin's miss, the home game v Lyon or the performance at Fiorentina, but don't pretend the manager couldn't have made the closing minutes of the game a bit easier for us by leaving Torres on.  He managed 86 minutes... what's the likelihood that the final 4 minutes will make any difference to his physical condition for the next game.  Nonsense.

I'm sorry, but it was a stupid substitution that contributed to the outcome.

Nah, mate, you were right the first time focusing on the Grok's c.ock up.  Fact was, Torres was a virtual passenger by the end and was not causing Chris and Toulelan many problems on the night as whole.  Scottbot's spot on: they were content with a draw and were playing a contained game.  Babel's goal put them in a bit of a bind given the new complexion it gave the group table and they had to push up a bit.  Even so, it's not like they flew forward with gay abandon the minute Torres came off.  They had Babel to contend with, who to be fair, was far more menacing than Torres was in his last 10 minutes on the pitch.  He'd just scored and his tail was up.  IMO, it is an overly simplistic argument to suggest that Torres had them pinned back and his substitution led them to pour forward.  It just didn't happen that way.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Dazzer wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:I'm not sure it's wise for me to be on here at the moment.

BTW, any cunt the even tries to put any sort of blame on the manager for this game is a grade A cock sucker.

Don't browse the rest of the thread then  :D

I'm well aware of who the usual clueless w"nkers are.

F*cking gutted here. I feel like someone just kicked me in the bollox. F*ckin robbed. Nothing just seems to want to go our way at the moment. Voronin is a waster and seeing him in a Liverpool shirt just doesn't sit well with me at all. Ditto with that Greek at the back. Just doesn't look right at all with him with a Liverbird on his chest.

Bit of misdirected anger there I think you are the w@nker.No one is calling for Rafas head he made a mistake he is human so fecking what lets move on next game we need a win.

He hasn't even said anything to you  ???
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Dazzer wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

BTW, any cunt the even tries to put any sort of blame on the manager for this game is a grade A cock sucker.

F*cking gutted here. I feel like someone just kicked me in the bollox. F*ckin robbed. Nothing just seems to want to go our way at the moment. Voronin is a waster and seeing him in a Liverpool shirt just doesn't sit well with me at all. Ditto with that Greek at the back. Just doesn't look right at all with him with a Liverbird on his chest.

Bit of misdirected anger there I think you are the w@nker.No one is calling for Rafas head he made a mistake he is human so fecking what lets move on next game we need a win.

Clueless - Rafa didnt make the mistake - Zorba the Greek did .
Benny The Noon

Postby Masch79 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm

When is Dazzer gonna get it that to Lyon losing 1-0 or 4-0 didn't really make any feckin difference?? Torres was subbed as soon as we scored - it was our goal that triggered them sendin more men forward not Torres goin off. Nando looked wasted and had probably been on too long anyway.....

Gutted :(
Masch79

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Effes wrote:Did not like the way the big Grok just fell over for their goal

Should have just stayed on his feet. It would have been enough to put the two players attacking the ball off. Simple things; small details.

But I knew there would be the usual posse of c*nts ready to point the finger when Torres was subbed. Torres - the world class center-back.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 pm

lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

i understand why you are all saying about the sub and yes it was a strange one with only 3mins left and we are not playing till monday............but we still had 11 other players that should have the ball out and them the back 4 should have done better.

Its cos lakes it was his fault but managers make mistakes just that he made this one 3 times now in space of 4 games which is problem.6 mins to play wouldn't have hurt Torres and what is worse Torres is getting fecked off with Rafa 3 times he been subed 3 times he shaking his head wondering wtf his manager is doing.I worry about that even more.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:14 pm

bigmick wrote:I will say that although I thought bringing Torres off was irrelevent, I did think bringing N'Gog on was strange. We needed to hold out, they were always going to bomb on so bringing on a defender in hindsight might have made more sense. Ultimately though, it's something of a moot point when one of your centre halaves falls erse over tit and lets their bloke in for a one on one. He almost gifted the same fella a goal earlier by heading it straight to him as well, and I'm afraid so far I'm not massively impressed by him.

Carra was solid at right back, but my guess is that Darby is a better right back than the Greek bloke is a centre half. Next time (if there is one) it might be a plan to leave Carra where he normally plays and give the kid a run.

Spot on
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:14 pm

yer i think i am going to leave the forum for tonight............see some bans coming.

cool off a bit you lot, at the end of the day we all love the club and we are all mad about the result tonight and we are all gutted about, lets not take it out on other members.

(this is where i get told to f*ck off :D )
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Great goal from Babel.  Cant believe we didnt hold on.  Abysmal defending.  Played well tonight and deserved to win but still not good enough!!
puroresu

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

He hasn't even said anything to you  ???

Guilty consience, maybe?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Dazzer wrote:
lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

i understand why you are all saying about the sub and yes it was a strange one with only 3mins left and we are not playing till monday............but we still had 11 other players that should have the ball out and them the back 4 should have done better.

Its cos lakes it was his fault but managers make mistakes just that he made this one 3 times now in space of 4 games which is problem.6 mins to play wouldn't have hurt Torres and what is worse Torres is getting fecked off with Rafa 3 times he been subed 3 times he shaking his head wondering wtf his manager is doing.I worry about that even more.

The guy is playing with an injury - what part of that dont you understand - are you really that clueless - all your doing is winding people up here so i suggest disappearing for a while becuase you going to get long standing decent posters cards when they start insulting you .
Benny The Noon

Postby syma76 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 pm

i have a feeling we will win the league :)
syma76

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 pm

This wasn't aimed at me and any one else who wants to talk about the mistakes made ?

Right ok and lad stop sh.it stiring you starting to become quite good at it.Rafa as always set the game up perfect I felt but made a key mistake during the game.Sums him up for me.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games