LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 pm

and on top of all that itv's news at ten looks more like a quiz show??
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Quite unbelievable. Lost for words.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Dazzer you're talking as if they didn't attack at all and that nando was all over the pitch all game
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Greavesie wrote:
bigmick wrote:The stark reality is that we actually played pretty well and got ourselves a decent point. Not only that, we were very unlucky not to win. If we don't qualify, it's not this match which has cost us by a long chalk. I should think that was comfortably our best performance in the tournament so far, and but for some wayward/unlucky finishing, we would have won it comfortably. I'm not being pro, anti or anything else, just telling it like it is.

well said Mick, I know you're not Rafas biggest fan but at least you say it like it is. You come out with consrtuctive arguments that at least provoke discussion. You don't clutch at any old thing to bash Rafa with. Basically I dont think youre a c..t  :D

Can you start a club Greavsie? You can be the founding member. You could hold meetings in your broom cupboard.

Just a lil tip though, don't splash out on photocopying loads of membership forms, just hand write the odd one should anyone wish to join mate  :laugh: .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:03 pm

Can't get me chin off the floor, absolutely gutted, about as bad as i've felt a football match in a long time :(

I thought we played well but by 80 minutes I was screaming at the TV because i couldn't believe we were gonna persist with one up and two holding mids but then Babel scored that absolute wonder goal and it all looked rosy. Totally robbed in the end because they didn't produce a thing.

As for Torres substitution being the reason, get a grip Al, you normally talk a bit of sense but that is complete cods..h...i...t and you know it. They pushed on because they were losing the match. Pretty simple really.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:03 pm

bigmick wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
bigmick wrote:The stark reality is that we actually played pretty well and got ourselves a decent point. Not only that, we were very unlucky not to win. If we don't qualify, it's not this match which has cost us by a long chalk. I should think that was comfortably our best performance in the tournament so far, and but for some wayward/unlucky finishing, we would have won it comfortably. I'm not being pro, anti or anything else, just telling it like it is.

well said Mick, I know you're not Rafas biggest fan but at least you say it like it is. You come out with consrtuctive arguments that at least provoke discussion. You don't clutch at any old thing to bash Rafa with. Basically I dont think youre a c..t  :D

Can you start a club Greavsie? You can be the founding member. You could hold meetings in your broom cupboard.

Just a lil tip though, don't splash out on photocopying loads of membership forms, just hand write the odd one should anyone wish to join mate  :laugh: .

:D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm not sure it's wise for me to be on here at the moment.

BTW, any cunt the even tries to put any sort of blame on the manager for this game is a grade A cock sucker.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 pm

bigmick wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

Oh Michael we only need to win the last two games and hope Lyon need to beat the Italians - dont have to worry about Goals . If they draw against Lyon then we need to beat them by 3
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I'm not sure it's wise for me to be on here at the moment.

BTW, any cunt the even tries to put any sort of blame on the manager for this game is a grade A cock sucker.

Don't browse the rest of the thread then  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby hijjawi » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Second Half Highlights: O.Lyon 1-1 Liverpool
Click Here for Video
hijjawi

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 pm

cheer up people.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby big al » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 pm

I totally understand and respect the loyality that many of you have towards Rafa Most off you are Part of the Anfield Faithful and for you its more that dic*heads like me giving analysis of what the manager did worng.  You Love Rafa he give you Istanbul.  There are also those armchair boys who ain't ever kicked a ball. I am not one of those and I truley am envious of those Anfield die hards.  I know a little bit about football and I know that at the end of the day its about results.  That hard for people who are emotional involved to accept.  My analysis is slightly subjective I'll admit that but I take exception to people whose only response to criticism, is to be abusive.  Abuse in my direction merely proves to me you being emotive and you cannot step back and give an objective assessment of the facts.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:cheer up people.

Honestly Rajiv mate football's never hurt me so much

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JC_81 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
metalhead wrote:Fernando Torres is a world class center back!!! FFS Rafa why did you take him off  :angry:

No, no, mate--don't you see?  We had them absolutely pinned back for every single second of the 87 minutes Torres was on the pitch.  They never even had a sniff (disregard that save Reina had to make with his face, or the header just outside his area or those freekicks...).  We pull Nando off and, wham, they're all over us like sailors in a brothel.  FECKIN' RAFA!  :angry:

Don't be naive for Christ sake.

Of course that substitution affected the game.  Torres' mere presence on the pitch occupies at least 2 defenders and crucially they fear him.  You bring him off and it automatically gives them a lift and the defenders the confidence to take risks.

It was a stupid decision against United which invited pressure but we got away with it.  It was a stupid decision against Fulham... clearly.  And guess what, it was a stupid decision again tonight.

Obviously we can blame Voronin's miss, the home game v Lyon or the performance at Fiorentina, but don't pretend the manager couldn't have made the closing minutes of the game a bit easier for us by leaving Torres on.  He managed 86 minutes... what's the likelihood that the final 4 minutes will make any difference to his physical condition for the next game.  Nonsense.

I'm sorry, but it was a stupid substitution that contributed to the outcome.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:06 pm

john craig wrote:That sack of sh.it Kyriakos is fu.ckin useless.  Absolute schoolboy defending for their goal.  You pay second rate transfer fees for second rate players and guess what... you get second rate performances from them.

Out of the Champions league, fu.cked in the Premiership, completely, totally fu.ckin finished this season.

And those French fu.cks deserved to lose tonight.  Absolute fu.ckin cu.nts.

I'm completely sick of this.  The team is completely dysfunctional, I'm sick biting my lip and trying to defend them.  The performances, results and decisions by the manager have been completely unacceptable this season, let's not blame it all on the injuries.

Those two-faced Yank fu.cking w@nkers have a lot to answer for but so does Benitez.  We are nowhere near where we should be for the net spend over 5 years and everyone can see it... everyone.

No point changing the manager now, but unless he pulls an absolute rabbit out of the hat and saves this season he has to go at the end of it.

is right
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games