LIVERPOOL vs UNIREA - 2nd leg 25th february 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 am

If people seriously want us or hope that we can win this competition then a win by scoring twice would be an f in good start. We are starting to get one or two players back so excuses will dry up, if we can't score more than two goals in a single game in a cup competition then I'd say our prospects of progress much further are slim. We'll come up against harder sides to beat than Urine-A

CL GROUP STAGES

Sevilla 2-0 Unirea
Unirea 1-1 Stuttgart
Rangers 1-4 Unirea
Unirea 1-1 Rangers
Unirea 1-0 Sevilla
Stuttgart 3-1 Unirea

One standout result that we should be wary of is the Sevilla result in Romania, and the fact none of their group opponents won there. I think we can disregard the Rangers result at Ibrox for several reasons. Maybe not the worst side in the world Urine-A but we should still have gone into this with more goals from the 1st leg and should be scoring at least twice away. "Oh but they beat Sevilla" - so? Sevilla are 4th in Spain, shock results can happen and by the time Sevilla went to Romania they had 10 points in the group already so didn't exactly need to win. Took an own goal to beat them, I suspect the Romanians parked their bus at home and were looking for a 0-0. One thing Urine-A have achieved that we haven't is scoring more than one goal in a cup game this season......................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

The cheeky :censored: gets ,

Rafa Benitez was quizzed about his weight in a bizarre press conference in Bucharest, prior to Liverpool's Europa League last 32 return leg with Unirea Urziceni.

The Liverpool manager has occasionally complained of harsh treatment from the English press but has never experienced anything like the line of interrogation adopted by Romania's media, in a first-floor suite of the team's hotel barely an hour-and-a-half after their charter jet touched down at Bucharest Airport.

He had already been grilled about travel arrangements that have been viewed in some quarters as a sign of disrespect towards Unirea, when local journalists turned up the heat with a string of provocative questions.

One asked how it felt to be taunted about the sack by opposing fans, another wanted to know the salary he would demand to coach a Romanian club and a third told him he had piled on the pounds since Liverpool's Champions' League final triumph over AC Milan nearly five years ago.

To Benitez's credit, he answered each one with a broad smile after stoutly defending his decision to delay departure from Liverpool until the middle of the afternoon, thereby foregoing the chance to train at Thursday night's venue, the Steaua Stadium in Bucharest.

The inquisition began with a suggestion that, by flying in late and heading back to Liverpool straight after the final whistle, he was taking the threat of the Romanian champions lightly.

'Not at all,' he replied. 'I just had to work out what would be the best preparation for the team, and I just felt that working on formations and set-pieces at Melwood before, rather than after, a three-hour flight would be the right option.

'As for after the game, if it goes to extra-time, the plane will wait, because it is a charter. Don't make the mistake of thinking we are taking anything for granted.'

It got personal after that, as he was bluntly asked how he coped with standing in the technical area and hearing opposing supporters chant: 'You're getting sacked in the morning.'

Unruffled, the under-pressure Spaniard claimed: 'I don't listen to them. When you are on the sidelines, watching your team, you are not aware of anything else. You are in the zone and concentrating only on what is happening on the pitch. Anyway, I don't always understand. My English still isn't all that good.'

Benitez was just as diplomatic over another direct query about what 'fee' he would expect to take over a side in Romania.

'It's not just about money,' he said. 'It's about being at the right club, and I feel I've got the right job now at Liverpool.'

With press officer Ian Cotton trying to wind up proceedings, the best was saved until last as the gentleman who brought up the subject of sack-related chants had the final word.

'Mr.Benitez,' he said. 'The last time I saw you was at the 2005 Champions' League final, and your, erm, silhouette seems to have changed since then. Why is that?'

Breaking out into a grin, Benitez responded: 'It is the stress of having to answer so many questions from the press. Thank you and goodnight.'
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 pm

Unirea will definitely be going for a win and they proved in the Champions League they can be a dangerous proposition for any side which does not perform on the day or underestimates them. Benitez needs to send out a team on a mission to get the win and not to do enough to get by. One Europa League match preview thinks Unirea are going to be really motivated and and Liverpool's problems infront of goal could make the game a dangerous proposition. I think we need to score out there, and would love to see us get two and put the game to bed early on.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:35 pm

NANNY RED wrote:The cheeky :censored: gets ,

Rafa Benitez was quizzed about his weight in a bizarre press conference in Bucharest, prior to Liverpool's Europa League last 32 return leg with Unirea Urziceni.

The Liverpool manager has occasionally complained of harsh treatment from the English press but has never experienced anything like the line of interrogation adopted by Romania's media, in a first-floor suite of the team's hotel barely an hour-and-a-half after their charter jet touched down at Bucharest Airport.

He had already been grilled about travel arrangements that have been viewed in some quarters as a sign of disrespect towards Unirea, when local journalists turned up the heat with a string of provocative questions.

One asked how it felt to be taunted about the sack by opposing fans, another wanted to know the salary he would demand to coach a Romanian club and a third told him he had piled on the pounds since Liverpool's Champions' League final triumph over AC Milan nearly five years ago.

To Benitez's credit, he answered each one with a broad smile after stoutly defending his decision to delay departure from Liverpool until the middle of the afternoon, thereby foregoing the chance to train at Thursday night's venue, the Steaua Stadium in Bucharest.

The inquisition began with a suggestion that, by flying in late and heading back to Liverpool straight after the final whistle, he was taking the threat of the Romanian champions lightly.

'Not at all,' he replied. 'I just had to work out what would be the best preparation for the team, and I just felt that working on formations and set-pieces at Melwood before, rather than after, a three-hour flight would be the right option.

'As for after the game, if it goes to extra-time, the plane will wait, because it is a charter. Don't make the mistake of thinking we are taking anything for granted.'

It got personal after that, as he was bluntly asked how he coped with standing in the technical area and hearing opposing supporters chant: 'You're getting sacked in the morning.'

Unruffled, the under-pressure Spaniard claimed: 'I don't listen to them. When you are on the sidelines, watching your team, you are not aware of anything else. You are in the zone and concentrating only on what is happening on the pitch. Anyway, I don't always understand. My English still isn't all that good.'

Benitez was just as diplomatic over another direct query about what 'fee' he would expect to take over a side in Romania.

'It's not just about money,' he said. 'It's about being at the right club, and I feel I've got the right job now at Liverpool.'

With press officer Ian Cotton trying to wind up proceedings, the best was saved until last as the gentleman who brought up the subject of sack-related chants had the final word.

'Mr.Benitez,' he said. 'The last time I saw you was at the 2005 Champions' League final, and your, erm, silhouette seems to have changed since then. Why is that?'

Breaking out into a grin, Benitez responded: 'It is the stress of having to answer so many questions from the press. Thank you and goodnight.'

When your Country's biggest claim to fame is  supposedly Vlad the Impaler ,then tact and diplomacy will not be on your list of  priorities  :D

Cheeky B@stards though
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm

I hope the players batter those unira after reading this
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Rafa pre-match press conference:

http://rapidshare.com/files...._hi.wmv
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:The cheeky :censored: gets ,

No class these Romanians, I see even the French railways consider them as thieving pikeys.

I hope Rafa´s brought a padlock for the changing room door during the game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Don't mistake Romanians for their media. Some of us have class (maybe not so many, but then again there are few really classy nations I can think of).

The Romanian sport reporters are the shittiest media people you can possibly imagine, some English rags would be very proud to have some of our so-called journalists into their ranks.

And the so-called 4-1-4-1 Unirea will use has (at least the offensive 5) the same personnel as the first leg, so the real formation will only be seen on the pitch.

And I think I've heard enough of these pikeys, you should know better than that, we're supposed to be the best and classiest supporters in the world; guess every forest has some soddy logs in it.

Later edit: great Rafa answer on that last question. Take that subtly, b*stard !
radun5

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Rafa should want to put this game to bed as quickly as possible.

They can't sit back so I think we will pick them off without a fuss.

0-3
Rockthekop

Postby Fauxy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Rafa: Now its personal :angry:
Fauxy

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:46 pm

radun5 wrote:guess every forest has some soddy logs in it.

I resemble that remark.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm

radun5 wrote:Don't mistake Romanians for their media. Some of us have class (maybe not so many, but then again there are few really classy nations I can think of).............

.............I think I've heard enough of these pikeys, you should know better than that, we're supposed to be the best and classiest supporters in the world; guess every forest has some soddy logs in it.

the lad has a point.

Consider youself chastised Reg.

( in future to avoid any unnecessary tension, buy your pegs from the local pound shop  :D )
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mooncer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Watch stream vs unirea,http://antasiwalan.blogspot.com/2010/02/live-stream-unirea-urziceni-liverpool.html
mooncer

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:51 pm

In the UK, ESPN, programme starts 5.30pm  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Team for tonight

Reina

Carragher
Skrtel
Agger
Insua

Benayoun
Mascherano
Lucas
Babel

Gerrard

Ngog

Subs: Cavalieri, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Kelly, Kuyt, Torres, Aquilani.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games