LIVERPOOL vs UNIREA - 2nd leg 25th february 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 pm

made in UK wrote:C'mon ppl we won a game :)  YAY!!!!

:laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Compare that ineffective performance tonight with Ure's performance against Milan.... worlds apart.

We are sh!t, because we play sh!t.

We always play down to our opponents level, we cant even overwhelm some village team from Pikeyland Romania.

Its pathetic, it really is.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Reg wrote:Pikeyland Romania.

:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Espionage » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 pm

I dont think they would have scored in 270 minutes of football.

I started to get worried when Unirea's sub came on, though. You often see a hail Mary upon coming on, but I have never seen someone having a full conversation with the almighty. With our European luck this season with late goals, I started getting a little tense.

Anyway, well done to Babel, Pacheco and Ngog for the goal. Great to see all of them producing, but Aquilani really needs to improve on tonight's performance.

Bring on Man City  :buttrock
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 pm

If we get 1 in Romania it will be all over. No way they score 3
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

Reg wrote:Compare that ineffective performance tonight with Ure's performance against Milan.... worlds apart.

We are sh!t, because we play sh!t.

We always play down to our opponents level, we cant even overwhelm some village team from Pikeyland Romania.

Its pathetic, it really is.

I watched United vs. Milan. United were played off the park for a lot of it.
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 am

We must have been watching different games Joe, they went over there and did a great job, Rooney was a constant danger, Evra superb, VDS dominated the box - a real job well done. How else do you go 3-1 up?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:46 am

Biggest positive for me tonight was saving £32 not going to see that shite! :D

Seriously though, it was an all round poor performance and Aquilani didn't do anything that showed me he's:
a). Worth £20 million

and

b). Worth a place in the first 11.

Too many were in 2nd gear and expecting that to be enough to see off this lot. Hopefully they're all saving their best for Sunday at Citeh.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:54 am

I think we are too limited in attack to play with just one striker when Torres is out. We lack creativity and imaginative passing and have too few players who can beat a man. When Torres is fit he hides a lot of our weaknesses because he IS that good. Without him we just can't continue to play as if we have a prolific world class striker knocking the goals in when all we have is N'Gog.

Postby puroresu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:15 am

I think Aqualani is a gone in the summer and I dread to think what the price will be.

An awful awful signing.
puroresu

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:22 am

puroresu wrote:I think Aqualani is a gone in the summer and I dread to think what the price will be.

An awful awful signing.

I haven't given up hope yet because its obvious that he does have ability , but unless he imposes himself more in games he is never going to make it. He shirks tackles and today he just looked to pass the ball sideways and never seemed to look for the forward pass at all .

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 am

Dire game of football, thats it nothing more, im thinking though about booking for Lille i have not been there before .
Best thing about tonight was the new banner on display made from the Irish KOP lads absolutly brilliant,

HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am

NANNY RED wrote:Dire game of football, thats it nothing more, im thinking though about booking for Lille i have not been there before .
Best thing about tonight was the new banner on display made from the Irish KOP lads absolutly brilliant,

If you are going to have Rafa on a banner with our great managers I think Houllier should be on there as well.

Postby Simari » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:38 am

Just back from the game.

Can't remember a game in recent memory where the first half was completely played in the opposition's half. Haven't been to Anfield in a while, but the first half kept me waiting to see what the heck was going on ! Reina and that new extra dodgy ref had absolutely nothing to do.

Was slightly irked with the start of the second, since Unirea started a bit more offensively and the ball was away from the kop end for the first few minutes.

All in all, we just didn't look like scoring despite all the possession. Sometimes you forget that TV editing makes bad things look good - it's only when you are sitting on the touchlines that you fully appreciate the sort of players this team lacks.

Stevie was a no-show again tonight.

Still, glad I managed to go the game and stuff myself with some dodgy chips, rice and curry before curling up in the cold !
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 am

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Dire game of football, thats it nothing more, im thinking though about booking for Lille i have not been there before .

If you are going to have Rafa on a banner with our great managers I think Houllier should be on there as well.

:laugh: Been debated to death Saint , a few were even asking weres Souness, Evans.Tommo

Four of them were great great managers and Rafa is our manager now, I ABSOLUTLY THINK IT IS BOSS ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games