LIVERPOOL VS STOKE CITY - Wednesday 2nd february ko 8.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm

We're having a great game, great passing, we finaly look like a team, we make chances, but we lack the most imporant thing at the momment. Great line up and formation as well. Can see Carroll fitting very well if we play like this. Maybu that's why we are playing a formation and line up like this one, so we can get use to it and once Carroll is fit to play we'll have a lot of goals.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

I like the fact that som e of our players are popping up in different positions. Confuse the opposition...

Btw, I reckon KK asked Suarez to warm to get the fans to make some noise. They were pretty quiet at times

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby BKrimmel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

ethanr wrote:First half wan't bad at all.  We started slow, like we seem to do a lot, but the last 15-20 minutes was just Stoke on their back heal.  We keep that up and we should have no problem getting 3 points.

Man, if Carroll were in he'd have a brace no problem with some of these chances in the air. :;):

Agreed. Def had the upper hand last few minutes. I think Raul is being played too deep. he is stuck away from the action and is in too good of form to be that far away from action. could be the difference.
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Dereks been boss, unfortnate not to be 1-0 up a goal is coming its just a question of when, must win game so wish our two new signings could have started this game.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Assuming we stick with 3 CBs, I'd like to see Aurelio or Kelly off for Suarez, with us playing two up front. per haps a bit narrow, but with the wing backs bombing forward and Kuyt, Suarez, Mereiles and Gerrard all free to roam I think it'd be a nightmare for Stoke.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm

andy carroll must be sitting on his bench and wondering what a debut he could've been having if only he played tonight.

the team has been whipping in a number of good crosses, and stringing together alot of passes as well. we've been closing and chasing the opposing side down and we've kept up extended periods of pressure.

its like a breath of fresh air. at long last.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Decent first half. Dirk MOTM so far. Some nice attacking movement. Unlucky not to be 1 or more ahead.

You are by yourself with that one. All I have seen is his consistent inability to control a ball.

I'd bet he doesn't even make the top three when the ratings thread finishes.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 pm

no cutting edge but thats why we spent 60m on two strikers. sopcast best stream for me, download that and select one of dutch sports channels, MM4 ive got on, no lag.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

damjan193 wrote:We're having a great game, great passing, we finaly look like a team, we make chances, but we lack the most imporant thing at the momment. Great line up and formation as well. Can see Carroll fitting very well if we play like this. Maybu that's why we are playing a formation and line up like this one, so we can get use to it and once Carroll is fit to play we'll have a lot of goals.

I think the last 10 minutes of the half got everyone confused over here....Till then we were poor ,confused and not effective...I really don't see any excuse in not playing Suaretz , it's not as if this is our regular system of play and he needs to fit in..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby syma76 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

passing & move...passing & move....long live the KING
syma76

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Lol after being miffed at the starting formation, i can now see the logic.

We have been excellent at times, creating chances and passing the ball well
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Decent first half. Dirk MOTM so far. Some nice attacking movement. Unlucky not to be 1 or more ahead.

You are by yourself with that one. All I have seen is his consistent inability to control a ball.

I think YOU might be alone on that one, Kuyt has been excellent.
Zidane

Postby ethanr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:I like the fact that som e of our players are popping up in different positions. Confuse the opposition...

Btw, I reckon KK asked Suarez to warm to get the fans to make some noise. They were pretty quiet at times

I think you are definitely right.  Suarez started jogging and they got noisier than any other point in the game.  The crowds had problem getting involved and when Suarez stood up, they went mad.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

i thnk someone is on their own for sure

but not emerald red :)
NorfolkRed

Postby mkingdom » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 pm

This sopcast stream is top drawer.....I even get adverts with Katy Perry in them  :cool:
mkingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games