LIVERPOOL VS SPURS - Wed. Jan. 20 (Rescheduled)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Well, if Carra IS playing, I would expect he sticks to the goalpost.....like a bloody seasoned defender SHOULD do. The equaliser on Sat was his fault 'cos he got dragged towards the ball and left Huth all alone....

Anyway, FWIW, I wouldn't play Riera in this one cos he just doesn't track back at all. I was actually half-thinking of Babel playing this one, but no hope of that now....So give one of the younger lads a chance to shine...

Incidentally, what are the rules on playing the likes of, say, Nemeth or Ecclestone or (is it even possible) LDV ? Do they have to be registered at the start of the season ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Owzat wrote:
Eagle wrote:If you include Maxi Rodriguez and Riera in our starting 11, our midfield looks like it could actually create and score some goals.

Reina

Degen   Carragher   Agger   Aurelio

Maxi       Aquilani    Lucas    Riera

Kuyt    Ngog

Good attacking line-up, good to see Kuyt being pencilled in for a bad game before kick-off by some.

Quite how we came out of that weekend with a draw and didn't lose ground on THREE sides I'll never know, the weekend table results looking like this for the four CL contenders :

1. Liverpool P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 PTS 1
2. Aston Villa P1 W0 D1 L0 F0 A0 PTS 1
3. Tottenham P1 W0 D1 L0 F0 A0 PTS 1
4. Man City P1 W0 D0 L1 F0 A2 PTS 0

We need to beat spudz, we can't afford to give them six points, but then if we finish fourth we might keep Rafa.

Are you a spin doctor for the Labour party?

Those stats portray a very different situation than reality.

You're effectively saying that the CL (4th place) race began this weekend. Conveniently forgetting/omitting the points deficit.

In case you forgot we are 4 points adrift of 4th, currently held by Tottenham. You can't even start comparing our current form against those teams until we are at least tied on points.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:29 pm

hard to call this one.
my heart says we'll win but my heads telling me different.
i feel it will be a defensive set up all the way with the hope of a snatch and grab.
we need to put in much better performance than we did against reading and stoke,we were poor all over the pitch and looked really bad at times.our defence is atrocious this year and our front pairing at the moment is worse.
the players need to seriously look at themselves for this one and raise there game!! if not i fear were staring down the barrel of a good ole fashioned whooping!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:32 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Well, if Carra IS playing, I would expect he sticks to the goalpost.....like a bloody seasoned defender SHOULD do. The equaliser on Sat was his fault 'cos he got dragged towards the ball and left Huth all alone....

Anyway, FWIW, I wouldn't play Riera in this one cos he just doesn't track back at all. I was actually half-thinking of Babel playing this one, but no hope of that now....So give one of the younger lads a chance to shine...

Incidentally, what are the rules on playing the likes of, say, Nemeth or Ecclestone or (is it even possible) LDV ? Do they have to be registered at the start of the season ?

You say Riera doesnt track back so bring on Babel  ???  Yeh Babel tracks back a lot
Fauxy

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Fauxy wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Well, if Carra IS playing, I would expect he sticks to the goalpost.....like a bloody seasoned defender SHOULD do. The equaliser on Sat was his fault 'cos he got dragged towards the ball and left Huth all alone....

You say Riera doesnt track back so bring on Babel  ???  Yeh Babel tracks back a lot

No, I'm not saying he tracks back any better than Riera. What Babel IS more likely to do than Riera, is possibly score a goal. Riera takes the wrong decision every time I see him play. .

Though from what I've read today, looks like Babel could be on his way to Turkey with Turan coming our way....that'd be an improvement. Esp. if he has a similar impact to Tuncay has had....
bunglemark2

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Though from what I've read today, looks like Babel could be on his way to Turkey with Turan coming our way....that'd be an improvement. Esp. if he has a similar impact to Tuncay has had....

this sounds interesting.. have you got a source?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Though from what I've read today, looks like Babel could be on his way to Turkey with Turan coming our way....that'd be an improvement. Esp. if he has a similar impact to Tuncay has had....

this sounds interesting.. have you got a source?

Guilty of spreading unsubstantiated rumours, mate....

I read on one of the other threads here that this was the plan for Babel. I'm hoping it'll come true....
bunglemark2

Postby Fauxy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm

You mean this unsubstainable rumour? heheh

by Richard Buxton. Published Fri 15 Jan 2010 15:47, Last updated: 2010-01-16

Liverpool could offer out-of-favour Ryan Babel to Galatasaray as part-exchange for their highly-rated winger Arda Turan.

According to sources in Turkey the Cimbom captain, 22, could be heading to Anfield to replace the much-maligned Dutch winger, who revealed to supporters that he had been dropped from the squad that travels to face Stoke City tomorrow lunchtime.

The one-time Ajax prodigy vented to Reds fans via social networking site Twitter, the second time he has broken ranks in the space of a week. Last Sunday he called on the club's owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, to provide funds for Rafael Benitez in the transfer market.

However Babel's latest rant claims that the Spaniard gave him refused to justify his omission for the trip to the Britannia Stadium.

He said: "I’m not travelling to Stoke.

"The boss left me out the squad. No explanation.”

Olympique Marseille are believed to be monitoring Babel's situation at Anfield with a view to swooping for the 23-year-old, who was also the subject of interest from ambitious Premier League newcomers Birmingham City.

With up to £5 million available to Benitez in the current window thanks to the sale of Andrea Dossena and Andriy Voronin, a deal worth £15 million could be tabled to the Turkish giants with Babel set to be used as £10 million collateral.

Former Reds midfielder Harry Kewell is currently playing alongside him for the Istanbul club and has reportedly spoken highly of Benitez and the Turkey international's prospective future team mates.

Turan has been a long admirer of Liverpool and is expected to jump at the opportunity of joining the club he once described as his "dream team".
Fauxy

Postby mjlfc09 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:49 pm

I mentioned this in another thread but i thought I'd bring it up here as well.

The kop are planning on showing their full backing to the manager with flags and banners and the like.

Remember that banner from the porto game back in 2007 which had "as always we are focusing on supporting the manager" on it, well it's being used again.
Last edited by mjlfc09 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjlfc09

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Owzat wrote:
shawnk wrote:
Owzat wrote:1. Liverpool P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 PTS 1
2. Aston Villa P1 W0 D1 L0 F0 A0 PTS 1
3. Tottenham P1 W0 D1 L0 F0 A0 PTS 1
4. Man City P1 W0 D0 L1 F0 A2 PTS 0

:O
Dont manipulate the stats!

Either feck off or stop replying to me, I'm 100% disinterested in what your view is of what I post. And most certainly DON'T tell me what to do or not to do

owzat stats about whether he showed any interest in shawnk's post

1.owzat  interested  5%
2 owzat  not interested  85%
2.owzat  not sure  10%

skysports interviewed 100 people outside Old Trafford for a fair and unbiased view.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Great. Howard Webb is the ref :kungfu:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:57 am

You getting a bit of Rafa fever, thinking the referee will play a key role in our result not our players?

LIVERPOOL 09/10

vs top four : P4 W1 D0 L3 PTS 3 (Won 25.00%)
vs 5-10 : P6 W2 D2 L2 PTS 6 (Won 33.33%)
vs 11-17 : P8 W5 D2 L1 PTS 17 (Won 62.50%)
vs bottom three : P3 W2 D0 L1 PTS 6 (Won 66.67%)

70% of our wins coming against bottom half sides, 50% of our points coming against sides placed 11th to 17th. We should beat spudz at home, but I can see it being a draw unless we somehow score more than one goal or keep a clean sheet. We've kept only seven clean sheets in the league, and scored more than once in 11 games so that might be our better bet for a win. Which is the most worrying statistic, that we've conceded 2+ goals in TEN Premiership games this season, P10 W2 D2 L6 PTS 8, or that we've scored one or less goals in TEN games, P10 W1 D2 L7 PTS 5 (covers all our defeats)

If I were a betting man I think I'd put my money on 2-2, we've drawn at home five times in 17 previous Premiership games against spudz, and only our games against Newcastle have produced more goals in our games in the Premiership (101 compared to 98 against spudz)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:56 am

Owzat wrote:You getting a bit of Rafa fever, thinking the referee will play a key role in our result not our players?

stato.....

refs can play a huge part in the outcome of a result.....

it's referring decisions that give TV Pundits something to talk about 24 hours a day
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 am

Anyone whos going take yeh flags :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Anyone whos going take yeh flags :nod

which ones? the white flags for when we surrender?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games