LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - 11 apr 2011

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 pm

I said this before the game, we are amazing at home under kenny, its our away form which is a worry.

fantastic first half, lets get the 4th goal, Carroll for hattrick?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 pm

burjennio wrote:
haps wrote:Nice to see happy campers all round tonight.  All it took was 3 first half goals, a potential gem found amongst the fullbacks and our captain out for the rest of the season.  Can we please get back to slagging off somebody?  Lucas?  Carragher's legs?  Think the groundsman got it wrong tonight at least. :;):

Whats with all the f*cking rain?

April showers started already....

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Fantastic first half. We really took the game to them from the off and it's paid off. Would love to see Carroll getting a hattrick. In fact, any more goals for the reds would be nice. I predicted a draw before the game!!!
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

As usual when you moan about a player they do great. Great game by everyone so far but I tip my hat for Flanagan and Carrol.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:01 pm

to be honest, I thought Spearing didn't look good, loses the ball to much for my liking
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:01 pm

I've had a few drinks but take that you City :censored:!!  And for all the Carroll doubters, what a pair of goals he has scored!  So happy for Flanagan, too, it's great to see him have a successful debut and it bodes well for the future. :cool: What a match, makes me feel so good about next season.
Zidane

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I want Carroll to get his hattrick but I want Suarez to score really bad.. He's worked so hard and came so close a few times... You can tell he wants it so bad and probably means more to him than any other player who could score, and I just really want it for him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby burjennio » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 pm

metalhead wrote:to be honest, I thought Spearing didn't look good, loses the ball to much for my liking

My back wall has a better 1st touch than him. His 2nd touch is usually a tackle  :D
burjennio

Postby Zidane » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Also it's such a damn shame that Aurelio has problems staying fit, if we sign a LB this summer we'd have arguably one of the top 3-5 LBs as a backup.  Aurelio is class.
Zidane

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Get Andy his hat-trick and get Suarez a goal, don't care where the 6th one comes from :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:05 pm

MH, I thought Spearing started well, then struggled a bit in the middle, but by the end of the half he had really picked it up and showed he is capable of adapting.  Honestly, I thought every single player can be happy with their performance in the first half.  I'd say the quietest players were Skrtel and Reina, and not because they did bad, they just didn't see much of the ball.

5 total fouls in the first half by both teams combined, and 4 by us at home.  We are not a dirty club.. but 5 fouls total is too low.  it's obvious that the ref is letting too much go.  1 foul in the entire first half for city.. c'mon ref.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Hope they don't bring on Silva, we need to kill it of early and not let them get a goal.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Maybe now we can have Flanagan behind Johnson and move Kelly into the CD for next season, improve the first 22 before weve even baegn to buy. I said afew months back that i thought Flanagan could be a steady eddy for us and a no nonsense player like Carra. He certainly has the credentials to carve out a great carreer for himself.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex88 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 pm

SECOND HALF
Alex88

Postby burjennio » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:09 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Maybe now we can have Flanagan behind Johnson and move Kelly into the CD for next season, improve the first 22 before weve even baegn to buy. I said afew months back that i thought Flanagan could be a steady eddy for us and a no nonsense player like Carra. He certainly has the credentials to carve out a great carreer for himself.

Or maybe we can flog Johnson to Spurs for £13m and buy someone that doesnt have the concentration levels of a goldfish
burjennio

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games