Liverpool vs Everton 28/01/2014 8pm kick off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:00 am

I'm really really shocked to see that we only had 39% possession? That means we're taking most of our chances, unlike before, where we would dominate only to lose or draw. Awesome!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 am

One of the main reasons our midfield did much better this time around was Flanno. Not spectacular but extremely steady. Gave greater confidence to the 2 centre halves which in turn steadied the ship. Hence the midfield could get on with their job. Even Cisshoko contributed albeit with some mistakes.

It is no coincidence that in the games we've done well, we had a more than half decent defender on the wings. If flanno had been fit for Man City or Chelsea, there is every chance that we would be higher up the table and possibly even topping it.

We need a midfielder... possibly 2. But of greater urgency is the need for good defenders on the wings or wingbacks.

All in all a fabulous result and a wonderful day.

Somebody better give Daniel a right sorting out as his behaviour while being substituted as well as some of his decisions during the game need addressing before his head starts to swell too much though.
ConnO'var

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 am

Only saw the first goal as had to be up early this morning but fantastic result, credit to the team and manager after the poor performance in the Villa game. :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 am

Great win, over the moon. Demolished a decent Everton side.

Gerrard MOTM.

:)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:46 am

Great Performance Brilliant Result  :buttrock

Even Cissokho did OK  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:09 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:46 am wrote:Great Performance Brilliant Result  :buttrock

Even Cissokho did OK  :D

I don't know about Ali ,he made some good tackles but their was a moment in the dying minutes of the game where he was totally unmarked and tried heading a simple pass towards Daniel and the ball just flow to the stands...I mean come on that's not even amatur level. I couldn't believe what i saw. To me it seems he has ZERO confidence and on a verge of a mental breakdown. you can see he is on pure instinct mode and no thinking whatsoever.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:18 pm

"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby laza » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 pm

You could see them raining down when he took corner for Stevie'G goal. There was that many we can probably buy that big signing that BR wants before Friday once they are collected
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Loved BR's reaction when Luis scored, he almost turned and jumped into the crowd.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Everton unveil new club motto:

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Massive performance from the red men ,every player looked hungry to slap the insolence out of Martinez's Bitter'z and make him
rue those ill conceived boasts prior to the game...... Love it   :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 pm wrote:Massive performance from the red men ,every player looked hungry to slap the insolence out of Martinez's Bitter'z and make him
rue those ill conceived boasts prior to the game...... Love it   :buttrock  :buttrock

"Altering our formation to oblige a more than just stuttering superstar was never going to work ,I stated as such when I said Rodgers would sooner drop our one true defensive midfielder rather than drop a player who is dangerously derailing the progress this team was making in his absence"

RBG - I like your stuff but your criticism (see above) of SG and BR seemed a tad over the top after the Villa game which admittedly was a serious fkg disappointment. Gerrard has been involved for 90 minutes in the vast majority of games we have played this season and we are in 4th place 7 points behind City and 6 points ahead of Man United.

You're a massive fan of Lucas and if he had been fit, based on your previous comments, you would have played him ahead of Gerrard. I admit Gerrard upped his game against Everton but that is what he has left in his locker. Lucas has never had that and never will. I like Lucas but he is not a Gerrard and we are seriously deluding ourselves if we think he ever will be. The next few games are going to be interesting as Gerrard becomes more accustomed to his new role but if the Everton game was anything to go by then he still has a massive amount to offer both as a captain and a player. Time will tell and I seriously hope he continues to prove you and a few others completely wrong.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:20 pm

devaney » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 pm wrote:Massive performance from the red men ,every player looked hungry to slap the insolence out of Martinez's Bitter'z and make him

"Altering our formation to oblige a more than just stuttering superstar was never going to work ,I stated as such when I said Rodgers would sooner drop our one true defensive midfielder rather than drop a player who is dangerously derailing the progress this team was making in his absence"

RBG - I like your stuff but your criticism (see above) of SG and BR seemed a tad over the top after the Villa game which admittedly was a serious fkg disappointment. Gerrard has been involved for 90 minutes in the vast majority of games we have played this season and we are in 4th place 7 points behind City and 6 points ahead of Man United.

You're a massive fan of Lucas and if he had been fit, based on your previous comments, you would have played him ahead of Gerrard. I admit Gerrard upped his game against Everton but that is what he has left in his locker. Lucas has never had that and never will. I like Lucas but he is not a Gerrard and we are seriously deluding ourselves if we think he ever will be. The next few games are going to be interesting as Gerrard becomes more accustomed to his new role but if the Everton game was anything to go by then he still has a massive amount to offer both as a captain and a player. Time will tell and I seriously hope he continues to prove you and a few others completely wrong.

Its a long old season lad with many games still to be played ,I've never baulked at necking 'humble pie' and if I am disparaging towards a player its because
he's let me (and the fans who pay to watch him every week )seriously down. I don't pretend to ask for apologies,and I always speak truthfully.

Gerrard raised his game against the Bitterz that much is a given ,but better teams with a more clinical attack would have murdered us with the possession
we afforded their midfield. I still retain that over the course of this season and a wedge full of games that Gerrard has disturbed  the balance that was so
evident in the performances in his absence...... Although like I said earlier in reply to Woof 'Aristotle ' knew his onions.  :;):

West Brom next ,and unlike some I don't relish wielding my sword arm leading with the words 'I told you so 'at the prospect of being proved correct.  :D
I will add, I hope, hand on heart Gerrard plays consistently well ,because contrary to popular belief I don't unlike Stu pop my ***** out at the prospect
of winning an argument   :D ..............I want what's best for the team ,always have and always will.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 am

RBG I know exactly where you are coming from with SG. I just think some of the criticism is excessive. We played some great football when SG was injured but the reality is we lost two of those games against top four teams. We were downright unlucky and robbed to a certain degree against City. The same however could not be said about Chelsea and who knows SG may have just made the difference. It is high time the lad was getting some help from the rest of the team. Let's face it we have relied on him for too much for far too long.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:42 pm

devaney » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:40 am wrote:RBG I know exactly where you are coming from with SG. I just think some of the criticism is excessive. We played some great football when SG was injured but the reality is we lost two of those games against top four teams. We were downright unlucky and robbed to a certain degree against City. The same however could not be said about Chelsea and who knows SG may have just made the difference. It is high time the lad was getting some help from the rest of the team. Let's face it we have relied on him for too much for far too long.

That maybe the case mate ,but do you not think Liverpool and (especially this season) Rodgers have expended a great deal of time and patience
waiting for some remnants of the Gerrard we seen on Tuesday to surface ? I personally believe he has ,I also think the fans who sit in the Kop
have vested a huge amount of faith in him only  to painfully witness him sauntering  about the pitch with his hands on his hips barely affording
us a canter. 

I left Anfield after the Villa game absolutely fuming with our first half capitulation ,but placing particular emphasis on Gerrard's disinterested gait
and complete lack of application.... I mean I can accept such terms as 'off his game ' but to show that shirt on his back and the fans such little
respect was galling to say the least...... I think that in the aftermath of that disgraceful showing my appraisal was at its most scathing ,and if I'm
honest I think I held off significantly on submitting the  complete character assassination I had in mind   

I hope Gerrard retains the level of concentration he shown against the Bitterz ,and he affords the important games coming up an equatable amount
of commitment and drive.... Anyone who thinks any different doesn't know me.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games