LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON WANDERERS - 30 jan 2010, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:Nick the greek was my MOTM
OH.....KYRIAGOS, THE ONE AND ONLY, HE'S A LOON, WE SAID HIS DAYS ARE NUMBERED NOW HE PLAYS HERE EVERY WEEK, WE CANT PRONOUNCE HIS SURNAME SO WE CALL HIM NICK THE GREEK OH KYRIAGOS.

Where have the redmen been all season? Thats the Liverpool we know Im made up  :buttrock

Nick the Greek teaches Insua how to Dance

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Fantastic video and music that, I only watched it a couple of nights ago with the missus!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:42 pm

it was a win but still cant say "we played really well today"
puroresu

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:29 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Nick the greek was my MOTM
OH.....KYRIAGOS, THE ONE AND ONLY, HE'S A LOON, WE SAID HIS DAYS ARE NUMBERED NOW HE PLAYS HERE EVERY WEEK, WE CANT PRONOUNCE HIS SURNAME SO WE CALL HIM NICK THE GREEK OH KYRIAGOS.

Where have the redmen been all season? Thats the Liverpool we know Im made up  :buttrock

Nick the Greek teaches Insua how to Dance

:D

Wonder if Nick the Greek knows that hunchback you kopped off with woof  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Good win today and delighted with the 3 points, didnt see the game so looking forward to MOTD later
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Dundalk wrote:Good win today and delighted with the 3 points, didnt see the game so looking forward to MOTD later

Don't bother Dundalk mate... watched it on RTE and it's pretty grim viewing...I'll take the 3 points though...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:37 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Good win today and delighted with the 3 points, didnt see the game so looking forward to MOTD later

Don't bother Dundalk mate... watched it on RTE and it's pretty grim viewing...I'll take the 3 points though...

Really? I thought it was a good performance, alot better than Wolves anyway.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:44 pm

definate improvement on the last game....wasnt too hard but was a good win and another clean sheet.

you could see us starting to "enjoy" our football again after the relief of that second goal, which was good to see.....confidence really does make a difference and we need to bring the rain to the bitters next week.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:04 am

Argh... Just what the doctor ordered, a positive performance from the lads today, well in!!!

Firstly, did anyone see Rafa singing 'You'll never walk alone' to himself before the start of the match?

That was the best performance we have produced in a while and, it was a positive one to. Hence the reason why we won 2-0 and it could of/should of been more. The game was quite an open one and looked pretty stretched from the off and it was good to see some decent football being played today.

Three key performers for me were, Mascherano (my MoTM) I thought he was brilliant especially in the second half! Mr Bubble (Soto) another immense performance at CB and Gerrard. It was good to see the old Gerrard back to life today and he lead by example with his performance. Mascha did his job really well and without Lucas next to him I think he looked better infact, Lucas and him both sit deep and more or less take up the same position. But today Mascha owned that position and it just goes to show you don't always, if at all need two players playing in the same position. He broke up the play really well and his passing was really good to, loved his little run down the left hand side and that left footed 40 yard pass across to Gerrard on the counter attack.

Soto, is perfectly suited to the likes of Stoke, Wolves, Birmingham, Hull and Bolton square ups. His physicality and presence at the back was the order of the day in keeping the likes of Kevin Davies quiet for 90 mins. He looks as though he thrives in the physical duals and he has added some much needed steel at the back. He made an impressive goal line clearance in the first half and all in all was very good, just pipped by Mascha for my MotM.

Aquilani didn't have the best of games in terms of using possesion well and did dissapoint me a little in that respect. But I thought his movement was excellent and he got forward at every opportunity. Hopefully his game will come together and in due course if it does I think he may add an extra dimension to our game in the final third. He made a nice assist for Kuyt's goal which is something I can't see Lucas doing enough and this is why I'd opt for him over the Brazillian, he gets forawrd more and looks a genuine threat. Hopefully he'll get a run of games, but I have a sneaky suspicion Lucas will get the nod ahead of him against Everton which will be dissapointing from my point of view.

The whole team played much better and it was good to see 'hoofball' given a rest this week, may this form continue!

Well in lads!! and well done Rafa for seemingly going out of your comfort zone by giving Aquilani a start ahead of Lucas.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby da9thkill » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 am

I didnt watch the match, but on motd maxi was on for a bit, how was he? Or is it too early to assess
da9thkill

Postby Zidane » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 am

I don't understand the bad performance coming from people, we played well and very rarely does any team dominate play throughout 90 minutes of football.  First half it was sloppy play all around but the second half we were very unfortunate to not score at least two more.  The criticism toward Aquilani is a little off too imo, he had a bad game much like Lucas did last week but even in bad games he offered more than Lucas, no?  He setup the first goal I don't think Lucas would have done that if he were playing well, much less during a bad game.  Too bad he'll be dropped against Everton, i'm 99.999% sure of it, can never be 100% sure with Rafa though.

Anyway positives, great games from Masch who was all over the field and did extremely well with his passing.  Riera gave us the usual width and space in attack and is still very important to us, Insua plays well with him down the left and is usually inconsistent without him.  The Greek!!  Can't say enough about him surely he'll play against the Bitters and I hope he has a massive game.  With him in the lineup I don't think we'll lose to these lesser teams as much as we have been, he's that important right now.  It would be nice to have someone else take the corners though, we probably would have scored 1 more today if our corners weren't :censored:.

Special mention to Stevie, he lead by example today, worked his @rse off and never put his head down.  Showed everyone what he can mean to the team and I think it meant a lot to the players out there, keep it up lad, keep it up!

Furthermore, on Aquilani he is the type of player you want in a team like ours.  He may not be the calm composed midfielder Xabi was but without Nando you need game changers and I think Aquilani can be one.  He has two assist in about 5 games(where he started) as opposed to Lucas' 1 I think, all season long.  He still provides more for us than Lucas does no matter how you wanna look at it imo.  Rafa won't like the way he played though and more than likely will sit him out in the derby.
Zidane

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:07 am

good win.. Lets keep this going
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:42 am

made in UK wrote:Argh... Just what the doctor ordered, a positive performance from the lads today, well in!!!

Firstly, did anyone see Rafa singing 'You'll never walk alone' to himself before the start of the match?

That was the best performance we have produced in a while and, it was a positive one to. Hence the reason why we won 2-0 and it could of/should of been more. The game was quite an open one and looked pretty stretched from the off and it was good to see some decent football being played today.

Three key performers for me were, Mascherano (my MoTM) I thought he was brilliant especially in the second half! Mr Bubble (Soto) another immense performance at CB and Gerrard. It was good to see the old Gerrard back to life today and he lead by example with his performance. Mascha did his job really well and without Lucas next to him I think he looked better infact, Lucas and him both sit deep and more or less take up the same position. But today Mascha owned that position and it just goes to show you don't always, if at all need two players playing in the same position. He broke up the play really well and his passing was really good to, loved his little run down the left hand side and that left footed 40 yard pass across to Gerrard on the counter attack.

Soto, is perfectly suited to the likes of Stoke, Wolves, Birmingham, Hull and Bolton square ups. His physicality and presence at the back was the order of the day in keeping the likes of Kevin Davies quiet for 90 mins. He looks as though he thrives in the physical duals and he has added some much needed steel at the back. He made an impressive goal line clearance in the first half and all in all was very good, just pipped by Mascha for my MotM.

Aquilani didn't have the best of games in terms of using possesion well and did dissapoint me a little in that respect. But I thought his movement was excellent and he got forward at every opportunity. Hopefully his game will come together and in due course if it does I think he may add an extra dimension to our game in the final third. He made a nice assist for Kuyt's goal which is something I can't see Lucas doing enough and this is why I'd opt for him over the Brazillian, he gets forawrd more and looks a genuine threat. Hopefully he'll get a run of games, but I have a sneaky suspicion Lucas will get the nod ahead of him against Everton which will be dissapointing from my point of view.

The whole team played much better and it was good to see 'hoofball' given a rest this week, may this form continue!

Well in lads!! and well done Rafa for seemingly going out of your comfort zone by giving Aquilani a start ahead of Lucas.

He had a great game and I would have given him my MOTM if not for his silly sliding tackle that got himself a yellow card. In other day/referee that might have been a straight red. Other than that, his DM role is one and only in this world! Gutted Gerrard didn't score from his superb cross from the left after winning the ball down the left!
shawnk

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:05 am

unbeaten in six league games, in which we conceded just once :cool:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby leep33 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:26 am

A good win and a better second half performance!!
leep33

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games