LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA 2ND LEG - Thursday 8th april 20.05 k.o

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rocky29 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm

alot of you are slating aquilani. but i still say rafa has handled him wrongly. and when he has played hes looked class. watched the sunderland game again and he totally ran the show. thats style of play that day suited us down to the ground?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:54 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Those that are anticipating a fairly easy passage against Benfica may be in for an abrupt wake up call.

Absolutely.
tonyeh

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:58 pm

This is it............Its time for agger to shine as a left back. I for one will be missed if benitez brings macherano to RB and moves johnson to LB.

Reina
     Johnson   Carra     Kra   Agger
     Kuyt     Gerrard   Mascherano   Benayoun
                        Aqua
                        Torres

This is the team to beat benfica....no lucas pls.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:09 pm

tonyeh wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Those that are anticipating a fairly easy passage against Benfica may be in for an abrupt wake up call.

Absolutely.

I agree with that, this lot showed enough in the first leg to indicate they are a good team and it won't be easy. IMHO what we musn't do (and I'm sure won't lol) is get drawn into an open game with them, making the same mistake as both Arsenal and the Mancs made.

It ought to be right up Rafa's street this, us trying to nick one and strangle the life out of the game. My guess is it'll be tense and nervous but we'll scrape home 1-0, probably with a goal deflected of Kuyt's erse.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Given our defensive frailties Benfica are more than capable of scoring at least once . I know we went down to ten men in the first leg but we're gonna have to put in a far better performance than the one we gave in Lisbon if were gonna get anything out of this game.

You may be right Woof, but I didn't see anything when we played over there to cause me much worry mate. Different game tonight of course , but I am hopeful that if we perform anything like we know we can, it will be a routine win rather than one of our famous trying to come back from the dead encounters.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:59 pm

0-0 Half Time

1-0 Full Time

Through on away goals but with a bit of a sweat
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

s@int wrote:

Given our defensive frailties Benfica are more than capable of scoring at least once . I know we went down to ten men in the first leg but we're gonna have to put in a far better performance than the one we gave in Lisbon if were gonna get anything out of this game.

You may be right Woof, but I didn't see anything when we played over there to cause me much worry mate. Different game tonight of course , but I am hopeful that if we perform anything like we know we can, it will be a routine win rather than one of our famous trying to come back from the dead encounters.

I think you're underestimating Benfica Saint. When they opened up in the first leg, with us down a man and Insua completely at sea, I thought we were completely over run and lucky not to have conceded more than we did.

Hopefully Benfica won't have the character to perform as well without their home support but they are a talented crew, if we give them a chance they're more than capable of exploiting it.

Hopefully we'll manage to keep 11 players on the field (  :shifty Mascherano ! )
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 pm

All eyes on Di Maria then, hes been linked with £25m moves all over the place

Given how the rest of England has performed in Europe this week, any result that gets us through will keep me happy
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:13 pm

He was the player that stood out, he could easily walk into the Liverpool team....hmmm then again so could most of the Aston Villa squad :D

I would love just one quality winger.  Babel and Kuyt cost around 20m, that would have a bought a good winger.
Rockthekop

Postby leep33 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Hopefully tonight he will go with an attacking line up and we get at them from the start.
leep33

Postby bigmick » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:50 pm

leep33 wrote:Hopefully tonight he will go with an attacking line up and we get at them from the start.

I honestly think it would be suicide if we did that. Nice and cagey for me, rely on Torres getting a goal and defend for our lives.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Anybody know the team? Here's mine:

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Babel, Lucas, Masherano, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:00 pm

bigmick wrote:Anybody know the team? Here's mine:

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Babel, Lucas, Masherano, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.

That team has 1-0 written all over it mate. I went for a more adventurous line up that would have definitely seen us win 4-1. :D

BTW Babel can't play tonight ....... some just say he can't play and leave it at that!

Neither can Insua
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:06 pm

bigmick wrote:
leep33 wrote:Hopefully tonight he will go with an attacking line up and we get at them from the start.

I honestly think it would be suicide if we did that. Nice and cagey for me, rely on Torres getting a goal and defend for our lives.

Looks like Rafa brainwashed you.  :D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games