Liverpool v steaua bucuresti - Thu 16 september 2010 19:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:33 pm

bigmick wrote:I don't think it does mean Lucas and Poulsen on Saturday at all. I think Gerrard will certainly play on Saturday, and there is every chance he will play in midfield (hopefully alongside Poulsen obviously, not Lucas). Cole is available now, so I would see either him in behind Torres OR Mereiles in midfield alongside Poulsen as the most sensible options.

Don't worry guys, I'm supremely confident Roy won't play Lucas on Sunday. Even I'll have difficulty defending him if he does.

I fear you will be wrong mick.

I expect Lucas and Poulsen again with Joey Cole on the right for Maxi.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Zidane » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Ya know what the worst part about us playing Lucas/Poulsen in midfield is, or Masch/Lucas last season.  The players are starved of service and they KNOW it.  It affects them (imo), to have two midfielders that won't attempt anything risky and just play it safe all game.  Frustrating to watch indeed, the only time Torres ever looks like he tries is when Stevie has the ball around him, otherwise they're just jogging about the pitch waiting for something to happen.
Zidane

Postby Deluxe » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Deluxe

Postby TheLad » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:59 pm

I prefer Meireles playing tonight AND against Manu with Lucas as defensive midfielder.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby mingul » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Cheers to everybody. As suggested by a member of your forum, maypaxvobiscum, I will share some views upon Steaua.

1. Complete new squad in summer about 20 signings in, some 7-8 out. Latest transfers made last 2 weeks (7-8 players from Unirea Urziceni - you should now this team)
2. Complete IDIOT coach, Dumitrescu imho everybody here could do a better job. He is tactically and mentally inept, although he claims to be very ACADEMIC:)
3. Danger players? Definetely Stancu...the man to watch. The only player with class. However he needs balls and he will not get them:( Other decent players: Radut, Kapetanos, Apostol, Bilasco - not sure if they will play though...

Conclusion: 2-0 Liverpool win, I am placing a small bet at the time being. And that only because Liverpool I've heard is not doing to well at the moment.

My kind request to either one of you that will be attending the game: Can anybody get me some ticket stubs and a match programme? I will surely do the same from the match in Bucharest.

Kind regards from Bucharest

Vlad
mingul

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
bigmick wrote:I don't think it does mean Lucas and Poulsen on Saturday at all. I think Gerrard will certainly play on Saturday, and there is every chance he will play in midfield (hopefully alongside Poulsen obviously, not Lucas). Cole is available now, so I would see either him in behind Torres OR Mereiles in midfield alongside Poulsen as the most sensible options.

Don't worry guys, I'm supremely confident Roy won't play Lucas on Sunday. Even I'll have difficulty defending him if he does.

I fear you will be wrong mick.

I expect Lucas and Poulsen again with Joey Cole on the right for Maxi.

Thats what i expect as well - he sort of alluded to it when he mentioned set ups for Arsenal and Brum game being the same
Benny The Noon

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:54 pm

What channel is this going to be on? ITV1?
Tim LFC

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Tim LFC wrote:What channel is this going to be on? ITV1?

channel 5 7.30pm.  Michael owen flames fuel to the sunday derby. When asked which fixture excites him the most. Probably the manchester derby. Ooh sour grapes  :(
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:16 pm

i don't quite see how the fact that lucas and poulsen aren't playing tonight means that they will play against the mancs either. is there a clause in mereiles contract that he can't start two consecutive games or something? maybe the fact that he IS starting tonight means that roy is giving him match time to make him MORE ready for the weekend.

anyway, i think the team we're seeing rumoured will merrily go about beating steau, and i think babel will be among the scorers.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:22 pm

andy_g wrote:i don't quite see how the fact that lucas and poulsen aren't playing tonight means that they will play against the mancs either. is there a clause in mereiles contract that he can't start two consecutive games or something? maybe the fact that he IS starting tonight means that roy is giving him match time to make him MORE ready for the weekend.

anyway, i think the team we're seeing rumoured will merrily go about beating steau, and i think babel will be among the scorers.

Amen
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:30 pm

rocky29 wrote:
Tim LFC wrote:What channel is this going to be on? ITV1?

channel 5 7.30pm.  Michael owen flames fuel to the sunday derby. When asked which fixture excites him the most. Probably the manchester derby. Ooh sour grapes  :(

:censored:! Might have to watch it on stream.
Tim LFC

Postby brentd4 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:32 pm

,                     reina

kelly     kyrgiakos     agger    aurelio

poulsen
maxi                                    babel
             meireles   
                              jovanovic

ngog

jones, carra, konchesky, cole, gerrard, pacheco, torres

strong bench incase we need them and also give cole and torres bout 30mins,,,,, get us a good strong win and momentum to beat the dirt on sunday,
brentd4

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:35 pm

brentd4 wrote:,                     reina

kelly     kyrgiakos     agger    aurelio

poulsen
maxi                                    babel
             meireles   
                              jovanovic

ngog

jones, carra, konchesky, cole, gerrard, pacheco, torres

strong bench incase we need them and also give cole and torres bout 30mins,,,,, get us a good strong win and momentum to beat the dirt on sunday,

Team already announced mate

Reina, Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Konchesky, Spearing, Meireles, Maxi, Cole, Babel, Ngog
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Even more worrying for me than the faint possibility that Roy will play Lucas on Sunday (and this is really saying something) is the fact that Maxi is getting another game. He was absolutely awful against Birmingham, terrible, and although the opposition here will suit him better, surely Pacheco is a better bet as he may eventually become a player in the league.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Maxi is a strange one - For Atletico is looked very good and for Argentina he looked good - started off with us ok but improved towards the end of the season - created a number of goals and was starting to look dangerous and useful for us but this season he has been poor . He is a very good techincal footballer .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games