LIVERPOOL V RABOTNICKI 2ND LEG - My 1st match thread and probably last

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Watched it on telly but he certainly didn't stand out for me - looked like he was just coasting and easing himself into it . Just solid and steady with his passing a bit of radar . Cole was far more impressive than him .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Gerrard 9 ?! Did people not see the misplaced and intercepted passes from him tonight - he looked decent but nowhere near the standard of him normal - saw him do one power run forward which ended up with another misplaced pass but what did he do that i must of missed ?!

Id have given him a 10 he was out of this world tonight, he had that aura about him again he was just superb and his link up play with Cole gives me high hopes for us this season if they both stay fit.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 pm

I guess i must of missed something or higher standards of him because he was just solid and steady for me but nowhere near the level I have seen him play at .Plus I can have a pretty decent guess that he misplaced as many passes that he made .
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Gerrard 9 ?! Did people not see the misplaced and intercepted passes from him tonight - he looked decent but nowhere near the standard of him normal - saw him do one power run forward which ended up with another misplaced pass but what did he do that i must of missed ?!

Id have given him a 10 he was out of this world tonight, he had that aura about him again he was just superb and his link up play with Cole gives me high hopes for us this season if they both stay fit.

We haven't agreed on much lately Lynds but the only reason I didn't give him a 10 was benny would have exploded. I really do think that's where he has to play at this stage in his career, bossing it from the base of midfield.

Anyone who couldn't see what he gave for an hour tonight was watching a different game to me. I'm not saying they are clueless or anything as it's all about opinions, but my very strong opinion is that he was absolutely different class.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I guess i must of missed something or higher standards of him because he was just solid and steady for me but nowhere near the level I have seen him play at .

He was awful last season thats why he looked so good tonight  :D

I just love him to bits moody fecker or not we would be nothing without him and Im delighted hes staying he belongs here with us, he's the best around on form, and it was nice to hear Coleman praising him all night.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Oh i agree that it's great he is still with us Lynds but if he is going to play there all season he needs to sort out his passing - it was way below par tonight and against better teams we would of been off been punished. . I know people will leap on this but he did nothing different to what Lucas did tonight apart from the penalty . When aqua came on the flow stayed the same and I think we even created a bit more .
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Oh i agree that it's great he is still with us Lynds but if he is going to play there all season he needs to sort out his passing - it was way below par tonight and against better teams we would of been off been punished. . I know people will leap on this but he did nothing different to what Lucas did tonight apart from the penalty . When aqua came on the flow stayed the same and I think we even created a bit more .

That's why it's such a great game. Everyone has their own opinion  :) .
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:29 pm

bigmick wrote:I really do think that's where he has to play at this stage in his career, bossing it from the base of midfield.

Anyone who couldn't see what he gave for an hour tonight was watching a different game to me. I'm not saying they are clueless or anything as it's all about opinions, but my very strong opinion is that he was absolutely different class.

Agreed but cant say I would trust the partnership of Lucas and Gerrard in midfield?

Mascherano is as good as gone  putting Gerrard back into midfield who feeds Torres? Gerrard plays so well feeding Torres through, its a conundrum for Roy alright what's he going to do?

Its imperitive that we go out and spend big on another striker then we can put Gerrard back into midfield running the show.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:
bigmick wrote:I really do think that's where he has to play at this stage in his career, bossing it from the base of midfield.

Agreed but cant say I would trust the partnership of Lucas and Gerrard in midfield?

Mascherano is as good as gone  putting Gerrard back into midfield who feeds Torres? Gerrard plays so well feeding Torres through, its a conundrum for Roy alright what's he going to do?

Its imperitive that we go out and spend big on another striker then we can put Gerrard back into midfield running the show.

And play 4-4-2 ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 pm

bigmick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Oh i agree that it's great he is still with us Lynds but if he is going to play there all season he needs to sort out his passing - it was way below par tonight and against better teams we would of been off been punished. . I know people will leap on this but he did nothing different to what Lucas did tonight apart from the penalty . When aqua came on the flow stayed the same and I think we even created a bit more .

Thanks for that insightful input - some say the less said the better
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:34 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

And play 4-4-2 ?

Who plays up front with Torres ? Where does cole fit in ?
Benny The Noon

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 pm

really enjoyed that tonight, well done to everyone, seen some good stuff at times, not getting carried away but there seems to be a feel good factor around the place and that can only be a good thing going into the new season.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Thanks for that insightful input - some say the less said the better

Why the sarcasm ??? I really don't understand you sometimes. If people question your opinion you burst a gasket, if people accept that it's just a game and we all have our own opinion, you get all uppity. We disagree on Gerrards contribution tonight, why are you getting all angsty about it?

Just accept it and move on, no need for the drama mate is there ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:45 pm

This is going to sound like a really daft question and Ive had more on my mind the past few months to take interest in these things but we top the league in europe on points and got to the semi final why do we have to qualify and play another 19 games to reach the final?

I wont be @rsed if we go out of it BTW Im just curious.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:Steven Gerrard is just feckin amazing theres nothing more to be said best player in the world when hes on form.

Totally agree with this! From the outset he had his confident swagger and was clearly enjoying himself. He looks fit as f'uck, sprinting around the place and he's somehow regained his passing range, which was missing for the whole of last season IMO. Some of his cross-field passes were inch perfect. His vision to open up play was superb tonight. All in all, it was better than almost any performance last season - having the old Stevie back is better than any new signing in my view.

Now, I favour him playing behind the lone striker but Im aware Newkit and apparently Roy think he should play in CM. I think the decision will be easier if Masch leaves because we only have Lucas and Aquilani, whereas either Cole or Aquilani can play in hole. If we sign Poulsen or Defour or Masch stays I'd seriously look at putting Gerrard in the hole again. If he re-establishes his 08-09 form he could score 25 goals this season linking up with Torres and Cole.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games