LIVERPOOL V RABOTNICKI 2ND LEG - My 1st match thread and probably last

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:55 pm

I thought Kelly was quiet in the first half,but excellent in the 2nd.
JoeTerp

Postby ken_job » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 pm

A lot of people impressed with Kelly, myself included! He was very comfortable on the ball and keen to push on. Confident player and definitely a prospect but I guess the question is why try him on the left tonight?! Is it just because we're short OR could roy be willing to try him out for Arsenal? He doesnt usually play on the left and there was a comment on him not being willing to use his left foot...but maybe he's ready for the team. Obviously its hard to judge against such weak opposition but to be fair to him I dont think he could have done much more today. Looks fit, pacey, gets forward and didnt look out of position much to me. If anything he looked fairly familiar with the LB role.

Has he played LB before does anyone know? And do people think he's ready for a premier league start if aurelio isnt fit in time for the Arsenal? His performance wa sthe biggest eye opener tonight for me ... maybe he's ready!
ken_job

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Watching kelly last season before his injury you could see he is ready and maybe there is no need to buy a new cb - he is a cb and fitted in nicely at left back .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Now the hard work starts b@stard internationals  :no

Yeah what's that all about? The season hasn't even started yet ffs.

Good thing Torres isn't going anywhere...

International federations trying to cash in on teams performances after world cup - hence why the england tickets are going cheap

Feck cheap tickets for England. The FA should be paying fans to go watch them.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Is Insua off then? Still uncertainty of hes staying or going rather than get Konchelski in Roy should just keep Aurelio and kelly depending on what happen with Insua?

We desperatly need a new striker though unless babel can revive his career because Nando wont be playing every game and as well as Ngog has done once we get back to buisness he wont stand much of a chance with the yard dogs in the league.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Kelly mostly played at left back in the 2nd half of the 2008-09 season when he was on loan and he (by all accounts) played brilliantly.
JoeTerp

Postby Raoul » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 pm

I enjoyed that. To be honest I hadn't been that impressed with Jovanovic so far, but tonight's performance fro him was very good I thought. Looks to be a hard worker, with the ability to be a dangerous player for us. Wonder how he'd be up front? I'm surprised Roy hasn't tried him there in preseason.

Wasn't much of an opposition, but I'm hopeful for the Arsenal game now - I wasn't hopeful before this. If we can continue to pass the ball like we did today, but with a bit more accuracy, then it could be fun year!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 pm

My ratings.

The keeper-6. Did all that was asked of him.
Johnson-7. Very impressive going forward.
Skrtel-7. Didn't put a foot wrong.
Carra-7. Was a 6 but got an extra point for his interview.
Kelly-7. Considering he was out of position did OK.
Jovanovic-7. Looks like a left footed Kuyt to me. Decent home debut.
Lucas-7 1/2. Tidy and decent. Possibly because we didn't have a pure holder last time he really was noticable.
Gerrard-9. The best player on view by a country mile.
Pacheco-6. Much to learn, but flashes of something there.
Cole-8. Quality was there for all to see.
N'Gog-8. Much improved.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Although Aurelio is our only natural LB, and he cant be counted on to stay fit, we have very capable back ups in Agger, Kelly, and Wilson.  We also might be able to get away with playing Robinson in the cups to keep Aurelio and Agger fresh.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:08 pm

NGog has put on some weight too. Looks like he can handle himself more.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:10 pm

bigmick wrote:Carra-7. Was a 6 but got an extra point for his interview.

what did he say?
JoeTerp

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Gerrard 9 ?! Did people not see the misplaced and intercepted passes from him tonight - he looked decent but nowhere near the standard of him normal - saw him do one power run forward which ended up with another misplaced pass but what did he do that i must of missed ?!
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Gerrard 9 ?! Did people not see the misplaced and intercepted passes from him tonight - he looked decent but nowhere near the standard of him normal - saw him do one power run forward which ended up with another misplaced pass  but what did he do that i must of missed ?!

I don't know how much you missed mate, but are you saying you didn't think Gerrard was head and shoulders ???

Did you watch it on a stream or on the normal telly?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
bigmick wrote:Carra-7. Was a 6 but got an extra point for his interview.

what did he say?

:laugh: Kelly Dalglish was interviewing Joe Cole and he butted in and wouldnt let him answer  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Absolutly made up with Martin Kelly tonight, well in ans all to him getting called up to the U21s
Stevie ran the show, and im delighted with cole first 90 minutes,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games