liverpool v anji makhachkala thurs 25/10 KO 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 am

Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:38 pm wrote:Pretty poor game with the odd moment of quality trying to sneak through. It's a win but will need a lot better for Sunday ! A lot better.

They have spent £240m and lost one game in 21. Perhaps a win did not support your views of what is happening at LFC. Do you ever stop moaning.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:57 am

A win didn't support my views ?!?

I would like you to explain that comment

Can you point out what exactly is wrong with my comment

It was a pretty poor game - we did win but we do need to be a lot better for the derby. A lot better.

Which bits wrong then
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 am

Great Win going into Sunday, keep positive momentum going ,moral should be high ,manager played a strong lineup ,this is how football works, Suarez wasn't tired he was sloppy as before ,Gerrard as well remains sub par for the moment. Assaidi MOTM totally owned the left flank ,Downing as a LB might be a good idea ,Skertel had good game and the rest pretty solid ,Wisdom looks ready for starting lineup Today (I don't care if Johnson or Enrique are benched) ,Sahin still not impressive plays pretty simple with no creativity or risk taking. Again great Win ,onward and forward to the derby.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:52 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 am wrote:A win didn't support my views ?!?

It was a pretty poor game - we did win but we do need to be a lot better for the derby. A lot better.

Which bits wrong then

The very fact that you have to ask the question explains a lot.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 am

devaney » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:52 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 am wrote:A win didn't support my views ?!?

Which bits wrong then

The very fact that you have to ask the question explains a lot.

Please explain your first comment about a win not supporting my views ? Or is it another case if Internet *****

And if you think that standard last night is good enough to get a result against the BS then you need your head read
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:17 am

ha ha ha

Last nights game was good for not only the result and what now seems from our position to be progression into the next round but also it highlighted a few future stars in the making. What we witnessed last night was a lad called Wisdom whom played the RB position like he'd being playing it for 10 years. Good Solid no nonsense defending. Then we had a lad called Assaidi on the left wing. He looks a real live-wire and if I was boss he'd be in the team on Sunday too, or at least on the bench for a 60th minute appearance. Raheem Sterling came on and put a shift in, he looks the real deal and should have a great future here.

Finally our manager. He got it right. He knows we're still short up front but there is nothing he can do about it but try to put out a team that gets results. It was a breath of fresh air to see that team sheet last night. Not far off the first eleven really and a strong line up. I loved the gesture at the end with Downing too, he seems a real people person and from the outside looking in he seems to have the people skills needed for this job. I was impressed by his whole attitude last night. Loved it when the fans chanted his name too. If it all starts to gel and work out the way he wants it to he could be here for a long time both offering us success and stability to the club, something we've needed for a long time.

Eto'o is sh!t. overpaid sh!t too.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 am

Roger Red Hat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 am wrote:ha ha ha

Last nights game was good for not only the result and what now seems from our position to be progression into the next round but also it highlighted a few future stars in the making. What we witnessed last night was a lad called Wisdom whom played the RB position like he'd being playing it for 10 years. Good Solid no nonsense defending. Then we had a lad called Assaidi on the left wing. He looks a real live-wire and if I was boss he'd be in the team on Sunday too, or at least on the bench for a 60th minute appearance. Raheem Sterling came on and put a shift in, he looks the real deal and should have a great future here.

Finally our manager. He got it right. He knows we're still short up front but there is nothing he can do about it but try to put out a team that gets results. It was a breath of fresh air to see that team sheet last night. Not far off the first eleven really and a strong line up. I loved the gesture at the end with Downing too, he seems a real people person and from the outside looking in he seems to have the people skills needed for this job. I was impressed by his whole attitude last night. Loved it when the fans chanted his name too. If it all starts to gel and work out the way he wants it to he could be here for a long time both offering us success and stability to the club, something we've needed for a long time.

Great post with one reservation , Wish we could sign Eto'o tonight
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

Great post LeeJ, love the positivity! 

Hopefully we can push on for a win at Goodison as well, then we really would be on the up.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 am

Assaidi looks great he needs to start Sunday.

3 clean sheets from the last 3 games that's a great positive

Keep it up lads

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

Excellent well balanced and interesting post. Others please take note !
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 am

LFC1990 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:29 am wrote:Assaidi looks great he needs to start Sunday.

Keep it up lads

Especially given that Skrtel is the weak link in the defence and that Coates should replace him according to one muppet on here!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 am

So hands up who thinks that performance last night would get us a result against the BS

Play like that and we lose against the BS.

It was a crucial win to keep us competitive in Europe but the improvements we need are glaring. We are currently relying on a 17year old to be our creative spark and a temperamental South American to score our goals.

Downing scored a peach at left back but twice gave the ball away in very dangerous areas - should never play at Left Back in the prem. Agger and Wisdom are the rocks at the moment. Sahin provided a bit of composure in the middle but we need to figure out what's wrong with Gerrard. Needs to play a lot higher up the pitch because at the moment his form doesn't warrant a place in the team.

We got a couple of much needed wins in the prem but there is a long way to go just yet with 3 big prem games coming up against the BS , Newcastle and Chelsea - we need points from them to keep up with the Europa league places.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:53 am

devaney » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:29 am wrote:Assaidi looks great he needs to start Sunday.

Keep it up lads

Especially given that Skrtel is the weak link in the defence and that Coates should replace him according to one muppet on here!

When did you last visit Anfield ?

Tickets are available for the Swansea game - a load of the ST holders are going and having a drink or two before - why don't you pop into the Sandon before hand and talk about people's support there.
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:50 am wrote:So hands up who thinks that performance last night would get us a result against the BS

Play like that and we lose against the BS.

It was a crucial win to keep us competitive in Europe but the improvements we need are glaring. We are currently relying on a 17year old to be our creative spark and a temperamental South American to score our goals.

Downing scored a peach at left back but twice gave the ball away in very dangerous areas - should never play at Left Back in the prem. Agger and Wisdom are the rocks at the moment. Sahin provided a bit of composure in the middle but we need to figure out what's wrong with Gerrard. Needs to play a lot higher up the pitch because at the moment his form doesn't warrant a place in the team.

We got a couple of much needed wins in the prem but there is a long way to go just yet with 3 big prem games coming up against the BS , Newcastle and Chelsea - we need points from them to keep up with the Europa league places.

Thats what I like about Rodgers mate, we wont play that way on Sunday, we'll up our game because we have the ability to change the pace. We always come out fighting against the big teams and we should treat this sunday as a big game, even though it's them sh!tty bluenose scumbag sh!trags.

I think a tweak to the starting 11 and we'll hit a higher gear.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 am

The first 11 needs more than a tweak but what it needs is something that will take time - the players like Suso and Sterling need expirience but goals are missing - Suarez needs to move out wide and we need a striker. Lucas needs to return and soon.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games