DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Aquilani HAS to start... Lucas and Mascherano are simply not good enough starting attacks down the middle as a partnership...
Gerrard HAS to start... play him upfront and tell him not to worry about coming too deep to start attacks since Aquilani will be coming up with the ball ... basically play him as a striker alongside Kuyt...

Riera coming back would give us alot of balance down the left flank and would take alot of pressure off Benayoun (down the right) in terms of him having to provide width (which he isnt very good at)...

I think if Torres starts then us scoring 4 shouldnt be a big problem... if he doesnt, then the likes of Riera, Aquilani, Johnson, Benayoun and Gerrard will have to step up their game and provide the urgency needed for such a game...

About the Lyon game, i dont think Lyon would want to give away top spot that easily.... My guess is that they'd be going there for atleast a draw just to make sure that theyll avoid some of the top clubs that are bound to finish top of their groups... They're a better outfit than Fiorentina are, and i think theyll get something out of the game...More worried about us doing whats required of us in the 2 games tbh...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:32 pm

REDS TAKE 18-MAN SQUAD TO HUNGARY

Rafael Benitez has taken an 18-man squad to Hungary for Liverpool's crunch Champions League tie with Debrecen. The squad that left Liverpool's John Lennon airport today is:

Pepe Reina, Diego Cavalieri, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Fabio Aurelio, Emiliano Insua, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel, Andrea Dossena, Alberto Aquilani, Steven Gerrard, Yossi Benayoun, Javier Mascherano, Lucas, Jay Spearing, Dirk Kuyt, David Ngog.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:38 pm

No Kelly, Riera, Babel, Voronin or Torres.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Pepe

Johnson
Agger
Carra
Aurelio

Masher
Aqualini

Kuyt
Gerrard
Yossi

Ngog
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Ciggy wrote:First of all we need to score 4 goals without conceeding any,
Usually I would be optimistic and say we will turn this around, but I cannot see where the next win is going to come from, everytime we take the lead the defence fecks up, its got to stop its really getting pathetic now.

The team has no confidence what so ever, its more than just a blip and things need to change as soon as possible its been a terrible start to the season, and the highs from last season make it feel ten times worst.
there is something seriously wrong at the club at the momment Ive never known a run like it even when the chips have been down in the past, they have never been this bad.

Hang on. Two wins regardless of the scoreline will send us through, assuming Fiorentina lose to Lyon.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:REDS TAKE 18-MAN SQUAD TO HUNGARY

Rafael Benitez has taken an 18-man squad to Hungary for Liverpool's crunch Champions League tie with Debrecen. The squad that left Liverpool's John Lennon airport today is:

Pepe Reina, Diego Cavalieri, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Fabio Aurelio, Emiliano Insua, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel, Andrea Dossena, Alberto Aquilani, Steven Gerrard, Yossi Benayoun, Javier Mascherano, Lucas, Jay Spearing, Dirk Kuyt, David Ngog.

Only one striker in the squad, and a :censored: one at that.  :(
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Fiorentina are missing their top two strikers for tommz - Mutu ,Jotveciv (spelling ? )
Benny The Noon

Postby RedBen » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Fiorentina are missing their top two strikers for tommz - Mutu ,Jotveciv (spelling ? )

Good news that, Jovetic and Mutu are 2 top players.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:15 pm

I would not use the word "miracle" to describe what we need. Lyon are a better team than Fiorentina, and I think there are decent odds for any of the 3 results. Obviously one of them means curtains, but that also means that 2/3 results keep us alive. Beating the Hungarians will be tough because we have been playing so poorly, but I would expect it.  I would also expect to beat fiorentina at home, I think we might even be able to win by 2, but 3 could be a stretch.

There are a lot of different factors, but none of the individual pieces to the puzzle are all that extraordinary.

And If Lyon lose they could finish 2nd in the group, they wont want to face CHelsea or the Mancs in the first knockout stages, they will want to win.
JoeTerp

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Riena

Johnson   Carragher     Agger   Aurellio

Aquilani          Masher

Kuyt                  Gerard             Benayoun

N'gog

I think that's what we'll end up seeing on the pitch.

It should be good enough to get the result, but of course
everything depends on what Lyon do or don't do.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby big al » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:08 pm

I am amazed that a lot of you are so hopeful of an easy win.  I was astruggle to win at Anfield with a better squad available.  This could be a disastor.  Remember Liverpool players are playing for the Europa league.  For Debrecen this is a massive game, they are playing against one of the biggest clubs in world football who are weak at the moment.  I'm sorry but we are so poor at the moment anything could happen.  I think we are going to be embarrassed again.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby GOAT » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

We'll win the UEFA if we go out anyway, I guess its a consolation
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Is it true the winners of the Europe League get promotion into the CL for next season?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Heard nothing about that Bav and nothing on any of their stats . Cant really see it happening tbh
Benny The Noon

Postby GOAT » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm sure they do, not sure if its the same now its the europa league but it was for the UEFA cup
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games