CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Defining moment of this season

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Lucas didn't do anything but that's just it, he doesn't do anything that improves our play.  He's just a body in midfield.

He was never meant to be a regular starter but we havent had much choice but to play him.  Aquilani will make a huge difference when he's fit.
Rockthekop

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Most of the game we were OK and looked quite comfortable without really threatening them, but Masch giving the ball away and Carra getting bullied by Drogba AGAIN was the difference. Dissapointing but was always a hard match and we should really have got away with a draw and it was us giving them those 2 opening for the goal IMO.
Doeboy

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 pm

We need to seriously re-group as we can't afford to drop anymore points. Yes confidence will be low, but something has to make each player realise what they must do to take each game by it's neck, and do whatever it takes to win every game to stand a chance of getting the EPL title.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:23 pm

only me wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
only me wrote:Solid performance today game decided on single mistake and individual talent.

The main concern remains the defensive midfield (AKA Lucas and Mash) which can't hold the midfield and direct the game....from what i know on Aquillani he will NOT be the solution ,unless we move Stevie to a lower position.

Fcking frustrating as Chelsky weren't as dominant as they can be.

Then you know little on Aquilani. He's a differnt kind of dynamic to what Mash and Lucas are. We'll be a more flowing unit with him shifting about and picking passes.

The only concern with Aquilani is who will do the defensive work in midfield? if you think Lucas or Mash by themselves are enough i fear you are wrong.

He will do his share. But take your pick from Masherano or Lucas. We do NOT need two defensive mids. If it's a critisism I have for Rafa, it's that he's been playing with that mentality far too much. Even Alonso was too defensive. For games like today, we needed only one defensive mid, and a player who can cause damage in the middle by worrying their back line a little bit more. We needed a player to pick a pass and work the gaps. Aquilani is that kind of player.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 pm

for the record I think Johnson was pretty solid today, a few errors but put some decent challenges in
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby TheLad » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Walk on. Nothing is lost yet, a lot of games to win or lose points.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Drogba cheating dirty b@stard, I feckin hate him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:29 pm

Greavesie wrote:for the record I think Johnson was pretty solid today, a few errors but put some decent challenges in

well I kinda think first goal was his fault not getting tight to drogba.

He didn't add much going forward either which was bad for us as he normaly is better then that.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Ciggy wrote:Drogba cheating dirty b@stard, I feckin hate him.

He ruined the viewing today he is just attention seeking little pussie that can't handle being made to look daft so he acts even dafter.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Yeah everytime he went down I thought he got shot or something. He's such a w**kshyte.  Wonder whether he'll follow the lead of Cantona into acting.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Sickened me that much I had to stop watching the game. He really is the biggest joke in the game today. Athlete my f*ckin arse.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:32 pm

I been listening to this band there music cheers me up class.  :buttrock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3b9E1p9uOA&feature=related
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Ciggy wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:We didn't play that bad at all, but we do need to get rid of Lucas :D

I am Lucas's biggest critic but he didnt do anything wrong today, so I cannot critise him, Gerrard was worst.

I think there is a spot for him on the team, just not as a starter.  As most people said, he didn't do anything bad but he didn't help today.  Then there are the days where he does the bad things and nothing helpful, which are hard to forget.

I thought Torres was one of the worst, he was more beaten by his own mind and lack of service I think at times though.
SupitsJonF

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Sickened me that much I had to stop watching the game. He really is the biggest joke in the game today. Athlete my f*ckin arse.

Even Terry went over too him at one stage and told him to get up. He is a disgrace to Chelsea and a disgrace to football
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Not too worried about the loss; always felt the game came a lil too early for us. Last season showed that the PL is won on results against the lesser teams, at home and away...Last season we did the double on Chelski and United but still lost the title, and for me the key vs the top teams is to try and achieve a stalemate, ie beating each of them at home...
The loss to Villa was far more important than this one, but luckily it has come early in the season not to matter so much..

IMO the key to our season is to remain in sight of the title until Agger and Aquilani fully bed in...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games