CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Defining moment of this season

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tonyeh » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:10 pm

If we're really honest with ourselves, there was only one team getting a goal today and they weren't wearing red.

I didn't played to bad, but as usual, with one up front, the opposition are always going to have the chance to neutralise him. Once Torres is pushed out of the game, that's it really.
tonyeh

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Keris wrote:
Dundalk wrote:I honestly dont think we played that bad, our finishing was poor but we are up against one of the best teams in Europe in their own back yard who defended very well on the day and put away there one chance when it mattered

Agree.
We have players that was not of the same quality.
We have to get that problem sorted out before we could really expecting more from the team.
I really think we have played to our ability today.

thats as accurate an assessment as i've seen so far....

This is our level of ability given the players we have... Obviously they have better players than we do all over the pitch, and it showed...

Dont think we had a particularly bad game... A couple of things we could/should have done better perhaps... especially in dealing with crosses but it wasnt a bad team display i dont think....  Kuyt was a big dissapointment and Babel offered more in the little time he was on than Kuyt did for all the time he spent down the right flank... Same with Benny and Riera but cant complain about Rafas selection.. Maybe could be criticized for leaving the subs a little late but the initial selection was good imo and they played well in the 1st half...

Anyways, still early ... Still think we'll win the league this season... Just need to get Aquilani in the side as soon as possible and have the back4 regaining some form....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:10 pm

It just doesn't work with Mascher and Lucas both in midfield. YOu can have one but not both....It really showed the difference in midfield today as you don't see lucas or Mascher go to the box to support the attack. on the other hand, look how many times Lampard or deco were in the box when they were attacking. We only have torres, Gerrard and sometimes Johnson or Kuyt. You don't expect to score against Chelsea's defense like this. Frustrated to watch really. ANd that fecking Drogba must get disciplined somehow as he drops to the ground like a sissy all the time....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Solid performance today game decided on single mistake and individual talent.

The main concern remains the defensive midfield (AKA Lucas and Mash) which can't hold the midfield and direct the game....from what i know on Aquillani he will NOT be the solution ,unless we move Stevie to a lower position.

Fcking frustrating as Chelsky weren't as dominant as they can be.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the only positive thing out of this defeat is that manure arent top anymore. sigh. the defense on paper seems fine, the midfield...lucas is W*nk. and we need a new striker so bad.

We need some depth, yes, but the player we need is currently injured. F*ck sake.

3 defeats already, 6 points behind. Hardly in a terrible spot. Can't afford that gap to be any bigger, and if it is by Christmas, then you can say its over. At the moment all it is is a one game swing and we're right back there again. People need to keep that in mind when looking at the bigger picture.

yep. especially when the league is very much stronger this season, the top teams are vulnerable to dropping points however having said that, we're also vulnerable to dropping more then we already have.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:13 pm

tonyeh wrote:If we're really honest with ourselves, there was only one team getting a goal today and they weren't wearing red.

I didn't played to bad, but as usual, with one up front, the opposition are always going to have the chance to neutralise him. Once Torres is pushed out of the game, that's it really.

Yeah, because we're shyte at scoring goals, aren't we? That boy Torres, what a load of w@nk he is. Can't hit a barn door that f"cker. And Gerrard, god, my granny can strike a ball better.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:13 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the only positive thing out of this defeat is that manure arent top anymore. sigh. the defense on paper seems fine, the midfield...lucas is W*nk. and we need a new striker so bad.

I hope you mean in addition to Torres  :D

:D  surely. he is just as important as gerrard in my view.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:13 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:We didn't play that bad at all, but we do need to get rid of Lucas :D

I am Lucas's biggest critic but he didnt do anything wrong today, so I cannot critise him, Gerrard was worst.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Today Chelsea grinded out the result italian style... we had some promising attacks but overall we didn't threaten them as much as we would like to... no complaints really... they were just more decisive than us on the day...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:If we're really honest with ourselves, there was only one team getting a goal today and they weren't wearing red.

Yeah, because we're shyte at scoring goals, aren't we? That boy Torres, what a load of w@nk he is. Can't hit a barn door that f"cker. And Gerrard, god, my granny can strike a ball better.

How did you that out of what i said?
tonyeh

Postby Octsky » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:16 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Think thnats the best we have played this season and where really unlucky, two mistakes cost us, Gerrard had a poor game.
Wasnt expecting anything today and we where worthy of a draw. Just bad luck onwards and upwards.

At least someone has a bit of sense

All those saying we were :censored: and get rid of Lucas and all the rest need to watch the game again. We didn't play that bad at all and could easily drawn or even won the game.

Chelsea took their chances we didn't

We didn't play that bad at all, but we do need to get rid of Lucas :D

This is not to bash Lucas, but as we can see, Mash is there tackling Chec players, most are great tackles.

Gerrard had some good crosses early in the first half and made the keeper save a good shot late in the game.

But Lucus, didnt did anything that bad or good. Lucas is indifferent. And the team cant carry him, he need to share the work load and responsibilities.

If we are aiming for mid table mediocrity, i will thank GOD for him, but what we are trying to do here is to break a 20 years curse. We cant carry him anymore.

Babel did inject some spark for the team, and we cant play 4-4-1-1 forever.  But i dont expect Rafa to change, coz he is the most stubborn person i dont get to know.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:16 pm

only me wrote:Solid performance today game decided on single mistake and individual talent.

The main concern remains the defensive midfield (AKA Lucas and Mash) which can't hold the midfield and direct the game....from what i know on Aquillani he will NOT be the solution ,unless we move Stevie to a lower position.

Then you know little on Aquilani. He's a differnt kind of dynamic to what Mash and Lucas are. We'll be a more flowing unit with him shifting about and picking passes.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Swear to God, I think the only way Chelsea believe they can beat us is to act complete fruits by throwing themselves on the dirt at any given chance. Drogba, you are not a man. You're a f*cking ponce, fella!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
only me wrote:Solid performance today game decided on single mistake and individual talent.

Then you know little on Aquilani. He's a differnt kind of dynamic to what Mash and Lucas are. We'll be a more flowing unit with him shifting about and picking passes.

The only concern with Aquilani is who will do the defensive work in midfield? if you think Lucas or Mash by themselves are enough i fear you are wrong.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
Dundalk wrote:I honestly dont think we played that bad, our finishing was poor but we are up against one of the best teams in Europe in their own back yard who defended very well on the day and put away there one chance when it mattered

Don't matter tho no team has lost 3 this early and won the prem.

The league is strong this year and there will be a lot more loses for the big teams and plenty of points dropped.

Its not over yet

I was hoping to read something like this to cheer me up and give me some faith

Cheers DD

Theres always hope

Walk on Redmen
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games