CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Defining moment of this season

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:06 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
john craig wrote:This is as comfortable as I can remember us looking at Stamford Bridge.  Mascherano has been immense so far and we are keeping possession well when we get it.  We have a chance to nick it here, no doubt.  Carragher and Skrtel have actually looked quite solid so far, but set pieces against us are still the worry.

:nod

Nothing between the two sides but whenever we're defending a freekick or corner my ringpeice is in knots   :sniffle

:D

:laugh:

Ballack and Anelka should have buried their headers really... we are clearly weak from crossed balls.  They have weaknesses too though, particularly a lack of pace at the back and Torres running in behind.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:06 pm

And we are off for the second half
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:06 pm

s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
aCe' wrote:Our fullbacks need some more protection from the 2 wingers and maybe the 2 holding midfielders... we're losing pretty much every 1 v. 1 down the flanks at the defensive end... sooner or later one of those crosses will find a blue shirt at the other end...

0-0 at halftime isnt a bad result at all.. chance for Rafa to reconsider how to take it from here on

any suggestions then?

Bring agger on for Lucas and play three at the back with Agger as the spare man moving forward when we are in possession ? :p

Wouldnt change the shape, think its working well here.. probably just have a word with Lucas and maybe Riera... tell them to try and get back to cover the fullbacks a little more... Try to force A.Cole and Drogba/Anelka into dead ends instead of allowing them to put the crosses in...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:07 pm

Let's get us a goal now, and hold on or maybe just score,score and score and just keep scoring. :)
Tim LFC

Postby Octsky » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:08 pm

The bridge is a hard place to go. i wont be sad with a point.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:09 pm

aCe' wrote:
s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
aCe' wrote:Our fullbacks need some more protection from the 2 wingers and maybe the 2 holding midfielders... we're losing pretty much every 1 v. 1 down the flanks at the defensive end... sooner or later one of those crosses will find a blue shirt at the other end...

0-0 at halftime isnt a bad result at all.. chance for Rafa to reconsider how to take it from here on

any suggestions then?

Bring agger on for Lucas and play three at the back with Agger as the spare man moving forward when we are in possession ? :p

Wouldnt change the shape, think its working well here.. probably just have a word with Lucas and maybe Riera... tell them to try and get back to cover the fullbacks a little more... Try to force A.Cole and Drogba/Anelka into dead ends instead of allowing them to put the crosses in...

I think Chelsea are playing so narrow that for once three at the back would work. He will never try it ..... so we will never know  :D

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:09 pm

john craig wrote:

What wingers?

Chelsea are playing a diamond, very narrow.  Their only width has come from Cole down the left and Drogba when he has pulled out to their right flank.  We're playing exactly the right way to counter their diamond... our full backs are tucking in so there is no spaces to thread balls through our inside left and inside right.

If Ancelloti is wise he'll pull Anelka out to one of the flanks to open it up a bit, he's had nothing so far playing centrally.

Was talking about OUr wingers... Riera and Kuyt... and i dont think Chelsea re playing very narrow...not at all... finding it very crowded down the middle and have been relying on putting the crosses in and having people attack them .... they looked at their most dangerous when getting the ball down the flanks high up...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:10 pm

shot from Gerrard

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:12 pm

You soft sod Drogba :angry:

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:12 pm

F8cking Drogba, fecking disgrace
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Do we need to stop the ball every time Drogba gives a Oscar worthy performance on the floor??
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Riera ..... you pussy!

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:16 pm

We should distribute that spray they use on players amongst our soldiers, clearly it is magical stuff ! Bullet in the @ss? Tin of magic spray will solve that !

tut....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Christ, that free kick from Gerrard was not too bad, yet we had no one even in there challenging it
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:20 pm

All you hear around Stamford Bridge is the Fields of Anfield Road :D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games