Zenden injured

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:50 pm

From TalkLFC.com

Boudewijn Zenden has been ruled out for three to four weeks with a knee injury. The Dutchman suffered the injury during the match against Real Betis Sevilla in midweek.

Zenden joins Xabi Alonso on the treatment table but Reds supporters will not be getting nervous just yet as Rafa Benitez made sure he improved his squad of players in the summer transfer window.

The injury may also mean that Harry Kewell will get more playing time and the opportunity to prove to the Liverpool faithful that he is worthy of the magical number seven jersey he took from Vladimir Smicer when he arrived from Leeds.

Shame really, because he was playing well in the past couple of games after having a difficult start to the season. Hopefully Alonso will be fit to play against Sunderland on Wednesday
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:04 pm

Its on the official site too AB.

I was surprised to see Riise start on the left when the team was read out just before kick off today. (He was garbage as well by the way).

In hindsight, I see why he played now.

Bad news for Bolo, he was starting to find a bit of form as well.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:22 pm

Zenden has been very lively, he's put in some crosses and set up a couple of goals along with getting himself on the scoresheet on the well.

I wonder if Kewell will be played on the left flank in our next game. Things did change when he was brought on today, hopefully he'll continue to make a difference on the pitch as this may well be his last chance to impress.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion