Z cars to be played at anfield tonight

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 am

If im honest, you lot that disapprove are selfish spoilt brats. The poor, innocent, lad has been shot from behind, and you can't face a song being played at Anfield. Ok its Everton's song but at the end of the day why should football get in the way of a great gesture. I watched the game and it was fitting for the young lad. His family looked delighted!

YNWA R.I.P Rhys
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:48 pm

THANK YOU LIVERPOOL

Paul Eaton - 30 August 2007

The parents of murdered Merseyside youngster Rhys Jones today sent heartfelt thanks to Liverpool supporters and declared: "You have done your club and the city proud." 
Stephen and Melanie Jones, along with son Owen, stood at the side of the pitch before Tuesday's Champions League qualifier against Toulouse as their son's favourite 'Z-Cars' anthem was played inside the stadium for the first time in his memory.

"I was really taken aback once we were there, but up until then, I wasn't sure it was the right thing to do," said Melanie.

"It was only when Owen said he had been talking to people from both the Blues and the Reds over the internet and that they all wanted us to go that I was convinced.

"And Liverpool were really amazing with us. They were fantastic from start to finish."

Mr Jones added: "We were picked up by our police family liaison officer and, as we were driving to the ground, we were given a few looks.

"But when we got out of the car, we were given a massive round of applause by everyone. It knocked us back. It was just the most amazing thing.

"When we got to pitchside, the noise was deafening. We couldn't even hear Z Cars being played but my brother assured me it was.

"Then afterwards we met David Moores and Rick Parry and I just told them their fans had done Liverpool - the city and the club - proud. It really was so moving for us.

"Both Rafa and his wife, as well as Steven Gerrard, came and gave us their condolences.

"These people didn't have to go out of their way to talk to us, but they did. They were just as fantastic as the fans." 

Enough said.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby KRobbo10 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:49 pm

The parents of murdered Merseyside youngster Rhys Jones today sent heartfelt thanks to Liverpool supporters and declared: "You have done your club and the city proud." 
Stephen and Melanie Jones, along with son Owen, stood at the side of the pitch before Tuesday's Champions League qualifier against Toulouse as their son's favourite 'Z-Cars' anthem was played inside the stadium for the first time in his memory.

"I was really taken aback once we were there, but up until then, I wasn't sure it was the right thing to do," said Melanie.

"It was only when Owen said he had been talking to people from both the Blues and the Reds over the internet and that they all wanted us to go that I was convinced.

"And Liverpool were really amazing with us. They were fantastic from start to finish."

Mr Jones added: "We were picked up by our police family liaison officer and, as we were driving to the ground, we were given a few looks.

"But when we got out of the car, we were given a massive round of applause by everyone. It knocked us back. It was just the most amazing thing.

"When we got to pitchside, the noise was deafening. We couldn't even hear Z Cars being played but my brother assured me it was.

"Then afterwards we met David Moores and Rick Parry and I just told them their fans had done Liverpool - the city and the club - proud. It really was so moving for us.

"Both Rafa and his wife, as well as Steven Gerrard, came and gave us their condolences.

"These people didn't have to go out of their way to talk to us, but they did. They were just as fantastic as the fans."
KRobbo10

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:47 pm

It's important for Reds and Blues to always make sure their rivalry remains friendly and based on sporting competition only.

I'd hate to see it become something like those nutters in Argentina and Rome.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:21 pm

Little Rhys's funeral is on Sky news its awful sad.

loads of reds there, hes got an everton coffin.

RIP Little fella
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:Little Rhys's funeral is on Sky news its awful sad.

loads of reds there, hes got an everton coffin.

RIP Little fella

We have all been asked to pay a couple of quid each and wear football shirts today in our work, so that should raise a bit of money for the lads family. Its not much but still feels like we're doing a bit like.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:31 pm

just goes to show we have the best fans in the world.... :bowdown
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion