Z cars to be played at anfield tonight

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:41 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i think ciggy is a female I8bluenoses

i doubt liverpool fans will boo. i hope they dont. but i doubt they even would in the first place. they are fantastic people.

I can confirm that Ciggy is ALL WOMAN, and a damn fine one at that. :eyebrow
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:41 pm

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby I8BlueNoses » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i think ciggy is a female I8bluenoses

i doubt liverpool fans will boo. i hope they dont. but i doubt they even would in the first place. they are fantastic people.

I can confirm that Ciggy is ALL WOMAN, and a damn fine one at that. :eyebrow

Opps Didnt know !

Sorry luv :P

i have agreed with a women  ??? Thankfully the Mrs dont read this ! :buttrock
I8BlueNoses

Postby Forever_Red » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Proud to be a red

Feel the same
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby grayghost » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:19 pm

Some things transend football and go way behond it and this tragerdy is one of those moments being a Red or Blue does not matter in the wake of what has happend all that matters is we pay are respects in the best possable way. Rhys and his family Will Never Walk Alone.

Its nice to see the people of Merseyside come together when something like this happens to show all outher footballing comunites that some things are more inportant.
grayghost

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:23 pm

I would be amazed and dissappointed if anyone booed, its not our way, well at least for 99% of us its not. A tributes great, althought I don't really see the need for Z-cars to be played, i'm not particularly bothered, but i believe there was a lot more to the lad than just being a blue.
RIP
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:26 pm

Can't believe anyone is even questioning this show of respect by LFC fans.

As Ciggy eloquently summed it up .

in these circumstances there is no colour on Merseyside.

Anyone who can't understand and abide by that sentiment should get short shrift from all right minded football fans .

RIP to the little blue fella , YNWA.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedRoots » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Owzat wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Owzat wrote:Did the other lot play YNWA? If so then this would be a reciprocate gesture

Yes they did after Hillsborough.

There you are then, although 96-1 is not exactly an even loss of life they have done the unthinkable and played a rival's anthem so I think this is not unreasonable in return.

Bad attitude to have in a time of tragedy.

I think this is a great gesture from our club, i'm from Dublin and i along with many others here would identify most with scousers over anybody else in Britain(obviously there's a history there). This gesture reminds me of my city and the unity here throughout various tragedies and this is the reason why i'm a proud supporter of LFC.

Y.N.W.A
RedRoots

Postby destro » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:58 pm

I to had mixed feelings when i first heard the idea, but then the more i thought about it it just goes to show that we can be bigger and that we can rise above city rivalries and pay our condolences in a fitting manner, two wrongs do not make a right, they laugh and sing about Michael Sheilds because they have no class, lets show ours tonight and not ruin what is a lovely tribute to a little lad that loved football and who is going to be remembered in one of the greatest stadiums in world football by the greatest fans.

R.I.P Rhys, you will be having a kick about up there with legends
destro

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:08 pm

destro wrote:I to had mixed feelings when i first heard the idea, but then the more i thought about it it just goes to show that we can be bigger and that we can rise above city rivalries and pay our condolences in a fitting manner, two wrongs do not make a right, they laugh and sing about Michael Sheilds because they have no class, lets show ours tonight and not ruin what is a lovely tribute to a little lad that loved football and who is going to be remembered in one of the greatest stadiums in world football by the greatest fans.

R.I.P Rhys, you will be having a kick about up there with legends

great post mate
do not fight fire with fire  :nod
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Football rivalries matter not a jot when it comes to something like this.  It's a touching tribute and it underscores the great class and heart of Scousers on both sides of the red/blue divide.  I'm confident that the tribute will be carried out with great dignity.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Dotty » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:23 pm

KRobbo10 wrote:Liverpool Football Club will tonight pay Rhys Jones the ultimate tribute by playing his beloved Everton anthem at Anfield before the clash with Toulouse. The Z-Cars theme tune 'Johnny Todd' - the song which traditionally greets the arrival of the Everton team onto the Goodison Park pitch - will be played prior to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' ahead of this evening's 8.05pm kick-off.

Following a suggestion from Liverpool Echo feature writer Tony Barrett to mark the youngster's tragic death in such an unprecedented way, the newspaper was inundated with requests for the unique tribute to be staged.

Anfield chief executive Rick Parry spoke with Rhys's family who agreed they would be delighted if the Reds paid tribute to their son's memory in such a fitting way.

After the two songs there will then be a minute's applause and the Liverpool players will show their respect by wearing black armbands during the game.

Rhys's parents Stephen and Melanie will also be at Anfield for the game.

The youngster's uncle Neil Jones admits the family have been overwhelmed by such a show of support from the Blues' city rivals.

He said: "When I told them about the proposed tribute at Anfield, Melanie said playing Johnny Todd at Anfield would be a unique event, a complete one-off, just like Rhys, and a fitting tribute to him as it was his favourite tune.

"She's also pretty sure he'll have a little mischievous grin on his face at the thought of being the cause of it."

Not to sue on this, i thing this could back fire   :help

Well done to Liverpool and all involved with sorting this out. It is at times like this all needs to be put to one side.

this is such an upsetting story and will put a frog in my throat once it all gets underway

Well done All concerned

Deepest sympathy and our thougts are with the family
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Lets hope that ITV actually do show the tribute ahead of the game. The programme starts at 8 O'clock with K.O 5 minutes later...by the time they've introduced the presentation/commentary team...UEFA have had their 'anthem' blared out...another Ad break etc...?

They won't be that cynical, will the?  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:03 pm

Excellently observed by the fans tonight.

Nice to see that it almost brought a smile to the face of his mother in such heart wrenching times.
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:05 pm

What a beautiful gesture, well done to all the fans there.
RedRoots

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion