Z cars to be played at anfield tonight

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redbilly1960 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:09 pm

Great gesture by the club. I will be very surprised if anyone boos (They better not be near me) but I guess we might also have a few small minded people who can't see the bigger picture. Times like this football takes a back seat. We all have little Rhys's be it brothers, nephews, cousins or sons.
Lets show the watching world that Liverpool Supporters are the best in the world.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:12 pm

Scouse 1st
Red/Blue 2nd.

People who have questioned this dont fuc.king well come.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:13 pm

daxy1 wrote:i think it's a great gesture from the club and if anyone boo's anywere near me i'll be breaking there jaw

R.I.P RHYS YNWA

It is - and id do the same mate.  :no

Not about Red v Blue for the little lad. Great gesture from the club.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:15 pm

I think whatever the family wants then thats what we should do. Nothing else matters.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby muzodziwa » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:27 pm

i am from Zimbabwe originally, and my family has always supported liverpool and it heightened during the days of Bruce Grobellar, and my friends call me the Zimbabwean scouser because of my passion for Liverpool. It is moments like these that have made Liverpool the biggest club not in Merseyside or in England but rather the biggest club in the world. Yes the Mancs can boast to have greater revenues globally but LIVERPOOL boasts of being the very essence of what football is all about; CELEBRATING LIFE. This gesture does not come from a desire to be politically correct or a cheap way of showing solidarity but rather a genuine demonstration of what our club epitomises.

I am confident that this gesture is going to be well received by the liverpool fans at Anfield tonight,

WE HAVE SHOWN THAT INDEED WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC;
muzodziwa

Postby Forever_Red » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:38 pm

In these circumstances there is no colour only Merseyside.

Top drawer Ciggy lad
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 pm

ste123lfc wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I would of thought a minutes silence would suffice. That's all Everton had, why we doing more?

The everton players went to the memorial yesterday and everton has done all sorts for the family.

The thing is what some people dont understand is our familys are mixed red & blue and we have lost a little scouser who could have been our nephew, cousin etc etc.

We mourn as a city not as football fans.

I totally agree Ciggy, if anyone boos whilst it is being played they don't deserve to be called a Liverpool supporter. At times like this it doesn't matter what colours you wear.

RIP Rhys.

An announcement beforehand that people booing or disrespecting any mark of respect will be ejected may test the resolve of those who would do such a thing.

On the one hand I think we should put differences aside, however is this gesture a little more than one might expect if the boot were on the other foot? Did the other lot play YNWA? If so then this would be a reciprocate gesture
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:50 pm

Owzat wrote:Did the other lot play YNWA? If so then this would be a reciprocate gesture

Yes they did after Hillsborough.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Owzat wrote:Did the other lot play YNWA? If so then this would be a reciprocate gesture

There you are then, although 96-1 is not exactly an even loss of life they have done the unthinkable and played a rival's anthem so I think this is not unreasonable in return.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Owzat wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

There you are then, although 96-1 is not exactly an even loss of life they have done the unthinkable and played a rival's anthem so I think this is not unreasonable in return.

Owzat, i don't think this is a time to be counting

Tragic loss of life, decent lad, good family. can't see why anyone in their right mind would begrudge this gesture tonight.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Typical of our club and its fans to stage something like this.

Proud to be a red.

RIP Rhys - You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby I8BlueNoses » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:01 pm

Shouldnt be aving this discussion .....

anyone booing is a disgrace and should get a ban for life from Anfield !

what happened was a tragedy .... so what if Rhys was a blue, he was a young lad and i think it is great that Liverpool FC are willing to show such a jesture !

Ciggy has been SPOT on with all his posts on this topic

i wanna say

Rhys RIP ....... Y.N.W.A lad
I8BlueNoses

Postby KRobbo10 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Time will tell, and hopefully tomorrow we can talk of how good our support was towards this
KRobbo10

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:22 pm

i think ciggy is a female I8bluenoses

i doubt liverpool fans will boo. i hope they dont. but i doubt they even would in the first place. they are fantastic people.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:well i just hope nobody boos otherwise it will make us look bad and tarnish our image.

I hope nobody boos simply because it would be a c*ntish thing to do.

We're people first, football fans second. Just look how many Everton scarves there were at Anfield after Hillsborough. This kind of thing overrides any local rivalry, and I think it's a really spot-on gesture.

Bottom line - little Rhys could've been having a kick around with any number of LFC fans the same age. It could've been anyone's son, little brother or nephew that took the bullet, and I hope everyone remembers that tonight.

EDIT: What a shame that I feel the need use my 2000th post to point this out.  :no
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion