You want king?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:00 pm

i rate king but his price tag would be completely extortionate. we should have gone for dawson before spurs snapped him up. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:36 pm

tottenham wrote:Give us gerrard

NO to the question to start the thread and to the ludicrous  suggestion re: our El Capatain (spanish twist  :D:p

Next  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:40 pm

El capitán, even.  :;):
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:41 pm

dawson99 wrote:i cant believe i agree with stu the red.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:45 pm

Sabre wrote:El capitán, even.  :;):

Thank you Sabre, el amigo  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:00 pm

Gerrard? That would be your 152nd central midfielder would it not? :laugh:

No thanks, King is overpriced and overrated imo.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red Indian » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:12 pm

King is a player who can play at the back or in midfield and to be honest isn't great in either position. He looks ok playing for England but the pace is a lot slower than the prem.  Maybe i'm being too critical and he may improve playing for someone better than Spurs, but lets face it, he's not going to play second fiddle behind Carra & Sami and if we do get him, it'll certaintly be the end for Sami, who is playing out of his skin at the moment.
Red Indian

Postby Kishan » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:13 pm

Would prefer Dawson to King.  He's gonna be one of the best cb's in the country in a couple of years.
Kishan

Postby tel » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:49 am

This is the kind of cra p ppl were saying about Terry 2 years ago when he was sitting on the bench.

King after Carra and Terry is the best defender in the premier league. He has power and pace and young enough to learn new tricks from rafa.

This is Sammi's last year. He is too old to play at this level and with this number of games for another season.

As much as I hate to admit it, it makes me sick when the mancs spend money on buying young players like Rooney or Ronaldo that will be with the club for many years. Lets invest in the future. LFC will be King's next and last club if we get him
tel

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:02 am

tottenham wrote:Give us gerrard

Nah.  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:08 am

Has anyone actually watched any Tottenham games this year ?. Ledley King is hardly overated. Good in the air and hard in a tackle what more do you want from a CB. I think its only a rumour, but imagine 2 of the top 3 defenders in England at the heart of your defence. Woodgate would be good also but all we seem to get from Real Madrid is washed has beens or those who never were to begin with. Morientes+Trarore+ 2 Mill = King+Defoe. If you want to talk about over rated players - talk me through Frank Lampard(most overated player in the Premier League) finishing second to Ronaldinho in Fifa Palyer of the Year - that's a  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry joke surely.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:54 am

I'm gonna be a bit pedantic with my words here, but I agree with Kopboyau. King is definately not overated; however, he will most definately be overpriced. He would command a starting position next to Carra, pushing big Sami to a backup, or most likely rotation with King. There is no way in hell he would drop Carra. I would welcome the King, but his price will likely be too high.

Im suprised how this silly thread suddenly became a lil bit serious.

I agree with Lando too :P
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:26 am

john craig wrote:While King is a good player, he is a bit overrated in my opinion.  I agree that he's no better than what we already have.  We need centre back COVER in January, not someone with a big reputation who will cost all of our transfer budget and expect to play every week (Carra and Hyypia are un-droppable at the moment).

Centre back cover is top priority for us in my opinion, but the bulk of our budget has to go on attacking players.  Forget King.

I disagree, at Hyypias age he'll be the one moving to the bench soon. He himself sees his time as a regular starter as limited. Recently sami's pace, or lack of, has been exposed and i think this season Carraghers performances have carried him through the game. I think King or any other decent centre-back signing will be challenging for Hyypias place straight away
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:34 am

Big mick has championed ledley king for ages and i have to agree with him. I am always sceptical about signings at lfc we never go for the proven talent but if for once we did i can guarantee that the press wont talk about chelskis defence because ours would be unbelievable.
King and carra. Just think! All hail King Carra:D
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:09 am

Don't think King is coming to Anfield. This is just paper talk and his agents using liverpool to get more wages from spurs. king is a good player though, not great, but fairly good. and with the right coaching and teammates he might improve and become a worthy partner for carragher. but as i said, this is just rubbish and his greedy agents trying to rob spurs.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion