You've got 16-22 million to spend - Who would you bring in before tuesday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:18 pm

ok, if the reports are correct, we've got 16 million (plus 6 million worth of add ons) from the Masch deal.

From what i've heard, Roy can spend this money and whoever he likes. So, lets put it out there....who would YOU sign.

Personally, i'd bring in

Diarra -5 million
Konchesky - 3.5 million
Toivonen- 9 million
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt_liverpool » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Steven Defour/ Gokhan Inler
Toivonen
Konchesky or a better LB
matt_liverpool

Postby Calum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Konchesky would be ideal, although sorry to say it again, I would love to see a new striker arrive. I wouldn't mind Adebayor, but Man City wouldn't sell him and he would cost more than what we've just got.
Calum

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:36 pm

i hear Defour is good.

Blow the money on a good CM that can pass and maybe Konchesky.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Calum wrote:Konchesky would be ideal, although sorry to say it again, I would love to see a new striker arrive. I wouldn't mind Adebayor, but Man City wouldn't sell him and he would cost more than what we've just got.

Man city have made it clear they wont sell to anyone who will challenge them for a top 4 slot, so that'll be no deal there.

Toivonen is a good striker and keen to join. Would be a bargin if we could get him for under 10 million
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:42 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Calum wrote:Konchesky would be ideal, although sorry to say it again, I would love to see a new striker arrive. I wouldn't mind Adebayor, but Man City wouldn't sell him and he would cost more than what we've just got.

Man city have made it clear they wont sell to anyone who will challenge them for a top 4 slot, so that'll be no deal there.

Toivonen is a good striker and keen to join. Would be a bargin if we could get him for under 10 million

Didn't they want Torres? A bit hypocritical of them, isn't it?
Calum

Postby red187 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Huntelaar - Season Loan option to buy.
Diego - Season Loan option to buy.
Bel Hadj - £5 Million (Ignore just heard that he has moved).
Ardan Turan - £10 Million.

Left back is a tough one has to a better one out there than Konchesky
red187

Postby mramo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:06 pm

I dont think this Toivonen fella can cut it in the Premiership. Not recommended for signing & a total waste of money for pointless Swedish talent.
mramo

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:43 pm

red187 wrote:Huntelaar - Season Loan option to buy.

Diego has left. i would buy Turan and Toivonen. as for leftbacks, just stick with Insua and Aurelio for the time being. our attacking options are too toothless to be true.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Fauxy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Alexis Sanchez                      -  16 Mill

Konchesky                            -  4 Mill

:D
Fauxy

Postby rocky29 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:10 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

lol man city will definitely sell to us then because we wont make top six. Adebayor said today he wants to leave city and to be honest hes not worth the hassle plus wages.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Anyone who is going to be an assett to the first team, I dont want anyone bringing in who is a "backup" or a bit part player, i dont care whether they are 13 or 45, but the way i see it, I thought before our first 11 was enough to rival any team and we just needed to build up the squad, now i dont think even our first 11 is half of what it used to be, so yea, thats my answer no one specific, but they cant be a "chance" kind of player or someone whos injured all the time, which unfortunatly means we will probably get a single player in if i have my wish, which isnt enough.

Cant believe we only got that much for Mash - only allows us to buy middle of the road players at best when we just got rid of a world class player
Last edited by OneHotRed on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
red187 wrote:Huntelaar - Season Loan option to buy.

Diego has left. i would buy Turan and Toivonen. as for leftbacks, just stick with Insua and Aurelio for the time being. our attacking options are too toothless to be true.

Toothless isn't the word. Actually, it is! Rocky, I would take a chance on him, because we are desperate for a striker. Desperate in general, to be truthful.
Calum

Postby Zidane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm depressed as :censored:, this first half of the season is going to be so hard to watch the players are watching all these guys get sold left and right and cr@p replacements coming in.  They are gonna lose the will to play at times and it's going to show.  We need to be sold. :(
Zidane

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:07 pm

If you have 16 - 22 mil to spend your not at liverpool
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion